65" tv - Budget 1.2L

Hi Guys,

I am looking to get a 65" tv for my parents living room. The TV usage is mainly Tata Sky HD/SD channels and little bit of streaming apps. The room is bright with 12 feet viewing distance. They have been using Sony Bravia 42" FHD tv for last 6 years. Looking for a TV with the best possible picture quality, should last long and provide good service when needed. The budget is up to 1.2 lakh. I have found Samsung Frame 2020 , Sony x8000h and HiSense U7QF as possible options under the budget. I was considering Toshiba U7980 as well but it is not available at my pincode. Let me know your thoughts on which one (out of these or any other) will be the best 65" tv under 1.2L.
Go to your nearest reliancedigital store and ask them to arrange the toshiba u7980 from hyderabad. They did it for me. I live in Delhi. And this tv is superb

Why some forum members invade every thread with off topic nonsense. Is it so difficult to maintain some decency on public forums? People here are smart enough to draw their conclusions ,please don't take it upon yourselves to educate everyone.
Sorry for my off topic rant.
Well said....

Go to your nearest reliancedigital store and ask them to arrange the toshiba u7980 from hyderabad. They did it for me. I live in Delhi. And this tv is superb
I too live in Delhi and Reliance Digital near my home refused, which outlet you contacted

Why some forum members invade every thread with off topic nonsense.Is it so difficult to maintain some decency on public forums?People here are smart enough to draw their conclusions ,please don't take it upon yourselves to educate everyone.
Sorry for my off topic rant.
I have PMed you why it went how it went. Let's continue the discussion there only.

Good to see someone finally call out this guy's blatant lies and misinformation. He has been spreading lies about IPS panels by saying it is more colourful than VA panels and that IPS has good enough contrast when in reality it is pathetic.

When nobody confronted him on these lies, guess what? he got bolder and graduated from comparing his IPS panel to VA panels to now OLED. Apparently his crappyy IPS panel black level looks close to OLED now. Check out this thread and laugh: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/to-all-sony-tv-owners.82530/

X9300d is not IPS. It is VA. Please be informed.

X9300d is not IPS. It is VA. Please be informed.
Yes, x9300d is VA, I mixed up his two TV's but it is still clownish to see the way he is spreading blatant lies about x9300d having nearly the same black levels as an OLED.

Yes, x9300d is VA, I mixed up his two TV's but it is still clownish to see the way he is spreading blatant lies about x9300d having nearly the same black levels as an OLED.
That is a figure of speech. Nearly as good as OLED means it is darker than usual. This forum has people use unprofessional words like clownish, lies etc... And some sheer arrogance and pride filled responses. Life will teach some of you to be humble in due course of time. Good luck.

I tried that today but the nearest Reliance Digital store refused to provide any such option.

You could actually manage to get a 65" X90H around the 1.3L mark, after all discount/cashback. Even 480p content looks great on it. Sony's processing/Upscaling is just fantabulous.
I checked the stores today and got the quote of 1.6L for X9000h. That is the minimum quote i got here in MP where my parents live.

I was helping my friend get the right TV in the 65" VFM LG 65UM7290. Why is it value for money -

1) one of the big 3
2) less than 85k at Amazon
3) apple airplay, homekit
4) dts virtual
5) bluetooth is good
6) you could buy magic remote seperately from lg store and it would bridge the gap between this and other top models as this is compatible.
7) 3 year panel warranty

But the same TV costs 10k more in Flipkart and 20k more in LG online portal. You also get an IPS screen which gives better viewing angles and is therefore value for money. But to my surprise he bought one in a store for 1.15 lakhs. Same model.
Thanks for the suggestion. I checked a similar model LG UM7300 and Sony x8000h in the store today. I found Sony x8000h much better than UM7300 so if I had to go for an IPS panel TV for better viewing angle then I would rather go for x8000h. But yeah UM7290 seems to be a very good VFM option in the IPS panels. However I checked viewing angle of VA panel TVs (x9000h, Q70T) as well in the store and i found them good enough. Not sure if it was due to showroom lights or something else but I found very decent picture quality from most of the angles in those VA panels so I feel I'll be fine with a VA panel tv.

Due to limited availibility of other options here, I have decided to go for frame 2020. But one thing i am not sure why nobody has recommended Hisense U7QF which is equvivalent to H8G and rated higher than frame 2020 by rtings. It is also available at much less cost than frame 2020.

Due to limited availibility of other options here, I have decided to go for frame 2020. But one thing i am not sure why nobody has recommended Hisense U7QF which is equvivalent to H8G and rated higher than frame 2020 by rtings. It is also available at much less cost than frame 2020.
If you own a Sony or LG or Samsung, it gives you an imaginary feeling the TV can be fixed by their huge service network. Hisense, Toshiba, Vu, TCL, Nokia, Motorola, Akai, Sharp etc.. to the exception of Phillips and Panasonic, may not have a satisfactory grievance addressal customer service and after sales service. But to compensate that, pricing is obviously less. So caveat emptor kind of risk appetite is required. I had a Vu 4k TV which was going smooth even after being a room TV for 5 years, playing second fiddle to my Sony 65" 9300D. It's motion smoothening made it glitter to my neighbor's eyes and the resultant soap opera effect made him like it even more and I sold it to him for Rs.27000. (bought it for 44k). My Samsung 48" FHD which I bought for Rs.57k earlier lasted just a few months post warranty period and it's colours washed out and panel saw horizontal lines. Even if they had a great service network, their repair cost was high and so I bought the cheap Vu instead of bearing the repair cost. That Samsung is now a CCTV camera display. So with electronics we win some, we lose some as the saying goes.
If your conviction drives you to go for Hisense, then go for it. Rtings and other review establishments would rate it even higher. Infact Toshiba and Hisense have similar products kinda like Skoda Volkswagon in cars.

so I feel I'll be fine with a VA panel tv.
65" 9000h is available at shopatsc.com (Sony's online Sony center) @161490. That goes out of your budget. So shortlist TVs and start striking out the ones that are unwanted to your preference. Frame @95k looks like narrowing down to your requirement. But it says it has Bluetooth 4.2 version. You won't be able to pair your latest Bluetooth headphone (Still worth it for its price).

U7QF makes almost no sense in the Indian market. You can get the U7980 at a much cheaper price and they have equivalent picture quality.

The frame is an overall better TV. It goes well with your home decor, has better UI (android TV on H8G is laggy) and has 120Hz for support for gaming should you care.

You can go with the U7QF if you care more about VFM over the above features. It's not a bad TV at all.
Not sure if it was due to showroom lights or something else but I found very decent picture quality from most of the angles in those VA panels so I feel I'll be fine with a VA panel tv.
Yeah, VA viewing angles are generally fine till 40-45 degrees. The picture quality suffers sure, but it's watchable.

But it says it has Bluetooth 4.2 version. You won't be able to pair your latest Bluetooth headphone (Still worth it for its price).
That's not how bluetooth works. It's a backwards compatible tech(overall, but not exactly). He will absolutely be able to pair his latest headphones with a 4.0/4.1/4.2 version.

Please, for the love of God stop spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
That's not how bluetooth works. It's a backwards compatible tech(overall, but not exactly). He will absolutely be able to pair his latest headphones with a 4.0/4.1/4.2 version.

Please, for the love of God stop spreading misinformation.
I have a complimentary Sony headphone which cannot be paired with 4.2 version. I can do so with my phone that supports 5.0

I tried bringing in the Sony technician still he was not able to pair it. Bluetooth version matters AFAIK and have tried. Let me push for getting the device connected by booking another ticket. Maybe if it works, I would stand benefitted a lot.

Last edited:
I have a complimentary Sony headphone which cannot be paired with 4.2 version. I can do so with my phone that supports 5.0

I tried bringing in the Sony technician still he was not able to pair it. Bluetooth version matters AFAIK and have tried. Let me push for getting the device connected by booking another ticket. Maybe if it works, I would stand benefitted a lot.
I don't know about your headphones, but bluetooth 5.0 is absolutely backwards compatible with 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2. It's on the bluetooth 5.0 spec.

I have a lot of Bluetooth devices. Some like my Sony Wh-1000XM3 are 4.2, my OPPO Enco M31 are 5.0, my PC has AX200 chip which supports BT 5.0, my TV has v5.0, my speakers have 4.1/4.2, my phone has 5.0, my laptop has 4.2, my firestick 4k is also 5.0.

All these devices are compatible with each other. I can pair a 4.2 source (2017 MacBook Pro 15") with a 5.0 output like OPPO Enco M31, and I can also pair 5.0 source (my PC/TV) to a 4.x output (my 1000XM3 headphones, my Mackie stereo monitors, my JBL flip...). 5.0 source to 5.0 output and 4.x source to 4.x output also obviously works.

The benefit of pairing 5.0 to 5.0 device is that you can get long range and high bandwidth support. There are also other features (like multi device audio) but that depends on equipment.

Edit: Here's proof of your use case working. The MBP 15" 2017 (a bluetooth 4.2 source) connected to an Oppo Enco M31 (bluetooth 5.0 output).
Screenshot 2020-12-13 at 9.12.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Sony WH-CH700N is the one given free for Sony 8000h. But they won't pair! Anyways I added saying it does not matter and it is a value for money.

65" 9000h is available at shopatsc.com (Sony's online Sony center) @161490. That goes out of your budget. So shortlist TVs and start striking out the ones that are unwanted to your preference. Frame @95k looks like narrowing down to your requirement. But it says it has Bluetooth 4.2 version. You won't be able to pair your latest Bluetooth headphone (Still worth it for its price).
Yeah..the store manager took my number and told he will get back with the best possible price but it is not going to be less than 1.5L. So x9000h is out of budget here. I am planning to go for frame 2020. It was available for 1.19L last week on flipkart but price has increased by 10k now. I think it'll be back at 1.2L in the year end sale. I couldn't find frame@95k anywhere. Can you please guide me where is it available at 95k.

If you are facing this issue with sony x8000h then it could be due to a known issue in x8000h as it doesn't support a2dp profile. You can download "Bluetooth Scanner for Android TV" app from play store and try connecting your headphones using that.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back