7.1 system setup

It appears I am doing a force fit of my needs. Thinking to go by the standard 7.1 setup. Can i get suggestions for avr, speakers , subwoofer altogether within 1 lakh? projector, screen setup would cost me 70K.

It appears I am doing a force fit of my needs. Thinking to go by the standard 7.1 setup. Can i get suggestions for avr, speakers , subwoofer altogether within 1 lakh? projector, screen setup would cost me 70K.
For one lakh you can get a decent 5.1 set up. Avr you should look at older models which are now being sold with excellent discounts. Hifimart was selling marantz 5013 for 59k. This will leave you with just 40k for speakers and sub.There are some 5.0 speaker deals in hifimart as well from taga and pioneer for 30-33K. If you extend your budget by little you can get some decent subs like the Bic f12 which should be available at 32K.so for 1.2L you can get a good 5.1 set up. If you want to restrict your budget within 1L then avr’s like Denon 1500 or the 2500 should be available with good discounts as well. Complete a good 5.1 rather then a comprised 7.1 set up. Recently I had a demo of a budget 5.0 brand called eltax. I had a rough demo but they sounded really good for its price. Check out the link below.

So speaker setup + sub woofer + AVR + projector + screen - does this complete the home theater setup? Do we need an amplifier?

@Love4sound - if i were to go with 7.1 setup - uncomprised- can you please suggest the models? i would not go beyond 2L for all the components including projector and screen.

Will we need both AVR and Amplifier ?
If you get marantz 5013 later you can add a power amplifier but not with Denon 1500 or the 2500 as they don’t have pre-outs. And also if you are going to get the budget speakers they really don’t need a power amplifier and the marantz 5013 is more then enough to drive them

If you get marantz 5013 later you can add a power amplifier but not with Denon 1500 or the 2500 as they don’t have pre-outs. And also if you are going to get the budget speakers they really don’t need a power amplifier and the marantz 5013 is more then enough to drive them
So speaker setup + sub woofer + AVR + projector + screen - does this complete the home theater setup? Do we need an amplifier?

@Love4sound - if i were to go with 7.1 setup - uncomprised- can you please suggest the models? i would not go beyond 2L for all the components including projector and screen.

I was going through the thread & as i understand you don't want to clutter your space with floor-standing speakers & would like to maintain the aesthetic of the living space too. I would like to suggest you following with the budget of 1 lakh & i believe it will be one time setup for long run provided you'r not looking for frequent upgrades.

AVR (Choose one in below order)
-----------------------------------------
Marantz NR1609 - Rs 49,900/-

Denon X2400H - Rs 49,900/-

Denon X1400H - Rs 39,999/-

Speaker 5.1 (Choose one in below order)
Morel Beat-X - Rs 52,000/-

Elac Cinema 5 - Rs 41,300/-

Morel Primo - Rs 49,400/-

Polk TL1600 - Rs 38,490/-

Mission M-Cube. - Rs 30,000/-

In-Ceiling speaker (Only for Atmos setup as above AVR has Atmos capability. ignore this if its irrelevant, its optional & you can set it up later too)
Polk RC60i (pair) - Rs 16,000/-

Klipsch R-1650 (each) - Rs 10,976/-

Ask your vendor to ensure speaker cables (white colour / matching wall colour) are pulled above the false-ceiling.
So to summarise if you ask me, I will go with following with your criteria - your open to choose & decide as per your liking :)

Marantz NR1609 + Morel Beat-X OR Elac Cinema + Polk RC60i ===> Rs 49,900/- + Rs 52,000/- OR Rs 41,300/- + Rs 16,000/-
Total Rs 1,0,7200/- or Rs 1,17,900/-

If you want to keep symmetry across i.e. speakers brand/configuration opt below.
Marantz NR1609 + Polk TL1600 + Polk RC60i ===> Rs 49,900/- + Rs 38,490/- + Rs 16,000/- ==> Total Rs 1,0,4390/-

Cheers,
Binu

Last edited:

An avr will be able to power all the speakers. Adding a power amplifier increases the performance. You can set up a 5.1 or a 7.1 without a power amplifier. I have given you some suggestions in my previous comment for a 5.1 set up for 1.2L. Do check those options and see if it is suitable for you

I was going through the thread & as i understand you don't want to clutter your space with floor-standing speakers & would like to maintain the aesthetic of the living space too. I would like to suggest you following with the budget of 1 lakh & i believe it will be one time setup for long run provided you'r not looking for frequent upgrades.

In-Ceiling speaker (Only for Atmos setup as above AVR has Atmos capability. ignore this if its irrelevant, its optional & you can set it up later too)

Ask your vendor to ensure speaker cables (white colour / matching wall colour) are pulled above the false-ceiling.
So to summarise if you ask me, I will go with following with your criteria - your open to choose & decide as per your liking :)

Marantz NR1609 + Morel Beat-X OR Elac Cinema + Polk RC60i ===> Rs 49,900/- + Rs 52,000/- OR Rs 41,300/- + Rs 16,000/-

If you want to keep symmetry across i.e. speakers brand/configuration opt below.
Marantz NR1609 + Polk TL1600 + Polk RC60i ===> Rs 49,900/- + Rs 38,490/- + Rs 16,000/- ==> Total Rs 1,0,4390/-

Cheers,
Binu
I have no words to thank you and Love4sound on making me realize and get the best things in my budget. I will keep you posted on final outcome.

I have no words to thank you and Love4sound on making me realize and get the best things in my budget. I will keep you posted on final outcome.
Happy to help. Just take your time and do some research. Lot of fm’s do have their HT set up in the living room and some have even shared their pictures. Just see those set up and you will easily get an idea.

I only got one vendor respond when i tried. Not sure if there is directory of vendors in Hyderabad in this group. Can anyone help?

All the products which I have shared is from HifiMart, just call them & give your preference on the products you have chosen.
I'm very sure they will try their best to give you best price & ship it for free to your location. You just need to take care of the setup & installation on your own/by some vendor who can help you locally. Check with HifiMart if they have any tie-up with any partner in Hyderabad who can help.

HifiMart contact details below.
Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 9.00.30 PM.png

All the best & let us know once install is completed.
if you need any inputs/suggestions... everyone on this forum is very helpful & we have learned from each others experiences, So stay safe & stay connected.

Cheers,
:cool:

Cheers,
Binu

Wonderful detailing. I am too having the same requirement as the original poster.

Do you recommend Wharfedale DX2 as well?

Wonderful detailing. I am too having the same requirement as the original poster.

Do you recommend Wharfedale DX2 as well?
Never experienced Wharfedale DX2 in person, however looking at the config its almost similar to ELAC Cinema 5, the only difference is subwoofer on ELAC is ported & on Wharfedale its sealed.

Now the question is does it really perform well with sealed subwoofer for movie experience? bcoz normally sealed subwoofer are preferable for better music setup. Open for other FM to comment :)

How about
ok. thanks for enlightening me. So now along with Projector, Projector screen , sound bar what else would be needed. i will drop the idea of ceiling speakers altogether. Sound bar is single component or multiple components /items?

Do we still need subwoofer and sound bar?

Please guide on placement of the sound bar
Soundbars are ok for simple solution . But Going with full 5.1 ,experience will be better , But You need to increase a budget little more.

Go with Satellite speakers if you have space constraint?. You can almost hide the speakers behind project screen.

Look into some thing like this below ,

Also look at sonodyne wall hanging speakers
As per i heard , they were sounding good .

Pick up 5.1 / 7.1 AVR. look in to Denon /pioneer etc. And get one 8" sub, that will do just fine with satellite speakers.

Never experienced Wharfedale DX2 in person, however looking at the config its almost similar to ELAC Cinema 5, the only difference is subwoofer on ELAC is ported & on Wharfedale its sealed.

Now the question is does it really perform well with sealed subwoofer for movie experience? bcoz normally sealed subwoofer are preferable for better music setup. Open for other FM to comment :)

Which one has better sound quality? Elac Cinema 5 or TL1600?

I have zeroed in on X1400H, want good 5.1 to go with it (Atmos upgrade reserved for later stage)

Also why no one is talking about Onkyo S5915, At 80k for an Atmos setup, it seems to be a steal. Isnt the performance not good asin this forum i have hardly seen anyone talking about Onkyos.

Which one has better sound quality? Elac Cinema 5 or TL1600?
I have zeroed in on X1400H, want good 5.1 to go with it (Atmos upgrade reserved for later stage)

Recently FM @balagamer bought Denon X2600H + Elac Cinema 5 - He should be able to give you first hand experience. Try PM him, i'm sure he will be more than happy to share his experience.

Also why no one is talking about Onkyo S5915, At 80k for an Atmos setup, it seems to be a steal. Isnt the performance not good asin this forum i have hardly seen anyone talking about Onkyos.

I did audition these in the past don't remember the exact model, however i was not at all impressed with the Atmos capability of these top firing speakers. IMHO positioning actual height channels / speakers will give you more immersive ATMOS experience. Some how these top firing / beam speaker setup on front speakers, i feel is more of marketing gimmick :p

Recently FM @balagamer bought Denon X2600H + Elac Cinema 5 - He should be able to give you first hand experience. Try PM him, i'm sure he will be more than happy to share his experience.

Thanks!!

I did audition these in the past don't remember the exact model, however i was not at all impressed with the Atmos capability of these top firing speakers. IMHO positioning actual height channels / speakers will give you more immersive ATMOS experience. Some how these top firing / beam speaker setup on front speakers, i feel is more of marketing gimmick :p

That is there, dedicated channels will always help but how about the general sound quality of the Onkyo wrt music/movies when compared with Elac/TL1600?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back