A good carpenter around Thippasandra?

gobble

I need to make a few rectangular holes in 12mm rubberwood ply for my new preamp chassis and I need a good carpenter who will do it with precision.

If a local member knows a contact then please PM me.

Regards

gobble
Laser cutting could be a good option. I live in a small town but we do have a laser cutter (he makes acrylic trophies)
regds.
edit : so Bangalore must be having few laser cutting facilities.

Last edited:
gobble
Laser cutting could be a good option. I live in a small town but we do have a laser cutter (he makes acrylic trophies)
regds.
edit : so Bangalore must be having few laser cutting facilities.

Sounds nice - now where to find it ...? I did see someone once, dressed like Darth Vader from Star Wars holding a lit torch/flashlight in broad daylight ...

hmm scratch scratch ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Sounds nice - now where to find it ...? I did see someone once, dressed like Darth Vader from Star Wars holding a lit torch/flashlight in broad daylight ...
No. he/she will be wearing regular shirt/pant or something. And cutter will be something like this...
1500_laser_cutter.jpg

hmm scratch scratch ... :rolleyes:
Cheers
may the force be with you

No. he/she will be wearing regular shirt/pant or something. And cutter will be something like this...
1500_laser_cutter.jpg

may the force be with you

Thanks. I found some laser cutters with google. will call them tomorrow and check. I hope these chaps do small time job work for one or two pieces.

Does this machine replace a power drill and can I do the holes for RCA jacks as well?

Regards

Does this machine replace a power drill and can I do the holes for RCA jacks as well?
you will be surprised with precision and fineness this cutter can cut. Any shape design, perfect circle, square or odd shape can be cut accurately. From tiny holes to large cut. Only problem will be 'material' to be cut as laser have different intensity. So some time they charge you by the time it takes. also if material is good for cutting or not.

Sorry for the slightly OT question. But do laser cutters who generally work on wood and acrylic work on metals as well? Or would there be a separate set of folks to go to if I need laser engraving on an Aluminium plate?

P.S: Gobble, don't forget to post a lot of pics and listening impressions once your GG clone is complete...:D

Sorry for the slightly OT question. But do laser cutters who generally work on wood and acrylic work on metals as well? Or would there be a separate set of folks to go to if I need laser engraving on an Aluminium plate?

P.S: Gobble, don't forget to post a lot of pics and listening impressions once your GG clone is complete...:D

There appear to be laser cutters for embroidery and garment fusing as well as metal cutting and engraving. Even if one machine can do it all by varying the laser strength setting, it all boils down to expertise and mindset of workman manning the equipment. Would you hand over your precious project for cutting metal to a person who is doing garments day and night on that machine? :D

Yep will post pics and review by month end.

Cheers

it all boils down to expertise and mindset of workman manning the equipment. Would you hand over your precious project for cutting metal to a person who is doing garments day and night on that machine? :D
Workman's interference will be minimum as cutting will be done by computerised diagram. You will have to give drawings done in PC. (JPG or anything else I dont know) I gave my files in popular graphics software format and the person did the job. First you find the man who can do it he will guide you properly.
I think garment thing you are mentioning is totally different thing.
regds.

Workman's interference will be minimum as cutting will be done by computerised diagram. You will have to give drawings done in PC. (JPG or anything else I dont know) I gave my files in popular graphics software format and the person did the job. First you find the man who can do it he will guide you properly.
regds.

You mean CAD drawings? Hmm need to find somebody for that now.
Let me talk to laser cutter first.

Thanks.

Regards

regds.

I only need to spec relative dimensions right? How does the Laser cutter s/w read jpg to extract dimensions? Or is it manual input? if its manual input why not hand drawn?

Will the laser cutter also drill holes to the correct depth say 4mm dia 6mm deep? Or does he only do cut through holes?

TIA
Regards

Last edited:
I only need to spec relative dimensions right? How does the Laser cutter s/w read jpg to extract dimensions? Or is it manual input? if its manual input why not hand drawn?

Will the laser cutter also drill holes to the correct depth say 4mm dia 6mm deep? Or does he only do cut through holes?

TIA
Regards
The guy who did the job for me didn't allowed me in to see how he works. but my guess is a laser cutter arm is moved by computer (horizontally in two axis) just as an inkjet prints diagram on paper a laser cuts object. I dont know if it can cut half the depth of the material. Give me plan details. I can make diagram for you if it is not complicated :)

If you are in the Blr area, looks like Magod Laser is well known.

Magod Laser

TIA
Regards
hi gobble,
CUT OUT ALL THIS BU@@SH@t - I WILL BE IN BANGALORE SOON - tell me what you need done - and i will get this done - EXACTLY INCLUDING DEPTH AND DIAMETER- and send it back to you -

regds suri

and here - no laser and no computer - only a liberated mason's tools!:)

If you are in the Blr area, looks like Magod Laser is well known.

Magod Laser

Thanks much for the link. I am not in B'lore but looks like they have 2 more units in Chennai, so it could still work out for me. I'll try figuring out from them if they accept piece-meal orders. Thanks again... :)

hiten and suri,

thanks for those offers. i was planning on a garrard 301 plinth and am absolutely hopeless in these things grin. i shall keep you in mind when i want help with a plinth top plate cut, had something like a teak plank cut out for the turntable and a rectangular sort of hole for the tonearm. that's if i can't get a local carpenter to duplicate the cutouts i have in an acrylic sheet currently.

thanks!

hi gobble,
CUT OUT ALL THIS BU@@SH@t - I WILL BE IN BANGALORE SOON - tell me what you need done - and i will get this done - EXACTLY INCLUDING DEPTH AND DIAMETER- and send it back to you -

regds suri

and here - no laser and no computer - only a liberated mason's tools!:)

Suri

With your laser (er razor) sharp vision, insight, and experience in DIY I can certainly trust you. But how soon is soon? I have wood for more than one box (almost enough for a coffin) and I will be glad if you can help out with the second piece. What I will do is still try my luck with local workmen and sources and learn in the process for my future needs. Do ping me when you are coming.

Cheers

hiten and suri,

thanks for those offers. i was planning on a garrard 301 plinth and am absolutely hopeless in these things grin. i shall keep you in mind when i want help with a plinth top plate cut, had something like a teak plank cut out for the turntable and a rectangular sort of hole for the tonearm. that's if i can't get a local carpenter to duplicate the cutouts i have in an acrylic sheet currently.

thanks!

will do! - BTW - i have a superb idea for an isolation platform for a turntable - it will isolate (and drain) from 10 Hz to 300 Hz - rumble -and coupling with Volvo trucks should be eliminated - will discuss when i meet you (and probably make one for you)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back