• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

A good Home Theater for 70K Budget

jagadeeshwarank

Hi Everyone,

I have been combing this forum for my home theater requirements and with lot of different requirements posted across, I felt better to create a new thread for myself :) . It all started few years back when I decided to buy a HTIB(Yamaha I guess) and started saving in small with a budget of 40k.
Last year I went for audition along with my friend who had a huge budget. After listening through the demo setups I made up my mind to increase my budget and get a better one than the Yamaha HTIB.
A few months back one of my neighbor set up a HT with Denon and Monitor Audio Bronze(Floor standing + Center) and Monitor Sub(w10 i guess) with Denon receiver. I really liked the setup except for the surrounds(not Monitor) which were setup in ceiling. Cost was around 1.5L.

I will start with my current setup,
  • I live in a rented Apartment so no dedicated Home Theater room.
  • I have a very basic setup with my Sony Bravia 40'' with FireTV Stick.
  • USB in TV support h.264 video codec and DTS, Dolby audio (Compressed formats)
  • TV has HDMI ARC
  • TV is connected to Creative Inspire 2.1 sourced from my now Obsolete PC (https://www.cnet.com/products/creative-inspire-2-1-2500-speaker-system-for-pc/)
  • Mostly watch movies, series through Streaming, occasionally through USB.
  • Would prefer a setup thats good with Movies and a better than current setup Music :)
This works good enough, except the voice wouldn't be clear in few videos.

I have been eyeing this Wharfedele combo by hifimart (https://www.hifimart.com/package-deals/home-theatre-system/wharfedale-dx-2-denon-av-receiver-5-1-home-theatre-package.html).
So here is my dilemma
  • Should I get the above combo and be at peace with the surround setup?(Not yet auditioned those speakers.)
  • Or to start with a 3.0 or 3.1 with the current budget and add the surround later.
Another general question since it will be hard to place floor standers in my current apartment.
  • Floor standers vs Bookshelf? How different will those be?
As you would have noticed I don't have any AV receiver so a good AV receiver is required as well. I am located in Chennai, so where can I audition the above said Wharfedele HTIB?

Budget can be slightly adjusted based on my liking to the setup :)

Note: I have attached a pic of my current setup

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

dr_rocket

As a starting point, the package is a good one and sure to satisfy your needs. You could look at Marantz 1508 receiver also at similar price.

In your room I don't think there is any room or even need for floor standers. The package mentioned above consists of satellites. You do have room for bookshelves. So you could start with a pair of bookshelves and a good sub for now. This setup will be a huge improvement over your current setup and you could also finish it over time.

jagadeeshwarank

As a starting point, the package is a good one and sure to satisfy your needs. You could look at Marantz 1508 receiver also at similar price.

In your room I don't think there is any room or even need for floor standers. The package mentioned above consists of satellites. You do have room for bookshelves. So you could start with a pair of bookshelves and a good sub for now. This setup will be a huge improvement over your current setup and you could also finish it over time.
Hi ,

Thanks for your inputs, so your suggestion is for 3.1 setup.
Is it possible to get a bookshelf, center , sub and avr I this budget?
Some suggestions to start with will be good.

Thanks,
Jagadeesh

elangoas

A few months back one of my neighbor set up a HT with Denon and Monitor Audio Bronze(Floor standing + Center) and Monitor Sub(w10 i guess) with Denon receiver. I really liked the setup except for the surrounds(not Monitor) which were setup in ceiling. Cost was around 1.5L.
You can equally do good for less, just need to be make better choices :)..

Or to start with a 3.0 or 3.1 with the current budget and add the surround later.
These would be a better choice IMO, than the package you have listed.. You may consider at-least 10 inch sub-woofer to do the duty for bass..

Floor standers vs Bookshelf? How different will those be?
If you will have sub-woofer in your set-up, then you can safely skip the Floor stander and settle for bookshelf..

Note: I have attached a pic of my current setup
Do you have an option to swap sides of your room?.. I mean to space the L-C-R speakers little more for better feel.. How big (or) small is your room ?..

dr_rocket

I suggested for 2.1 for now.
It's doable
1. AVR Marantz NR 1508 - 34k
2. Book shelves- Pioneeer SPBS22 15k, Wharfedale 220-18k
3. Subwoofer Elac debut S10 -30k

rpmahale

If you are keeping yourself limited to 5.1 set (Dolby Tr HD/ DTS MA lossless format ) and book shelf speakers setup than it's better to go for pre-owned components than entry level new units. Within your limited budget, you will get very good pre-owned HT set up from this forum which you can enjoy for longer time than frequent up-gread of entry level set. Raise your requirement request in wanted section and observe the response. There are lot more quality components available with FM lying down idle. Recently one of the FM listed his very good KEF iq5 on sale with reasonable price tag. You can take advantage of this forum to build great HT system within the limited budget with at least 40-50 % discount price and not more than 3 yrs old components.

SPONSORED ADS