A new toy on the anvil

Lets discuss Accuton about 9-12 months from now. I suspect a host of changes coming in the ceramic driver space
Hmm you seem to have some information which may be worth sharing. Could you do the honours please.
When one considers the brands that are reputed to build nice drivers for a good price we normally look at Dayton, Tangband, Aurasound, Seas-Prestige, and Vifa/Peerless with the occasional one from Silverflute, HiVi or Usher.
Thanks for the info, that is quite a list.
For price perf ratio, start looking at the reverse sorted price list, there is a very good chance that the highest priced one is least value for money:lol:

You are bang on target here. Law of diminishing returns at work here as everywhere else.

I have used Audax drivers in my HT speaker build and I have found them to be exceptional value for money. Hiquphon tweeters are also very well reputed.

I have used Audax drivers in my HT speaker build and I have found them to be exceptional value for money. Hiquphon tweeters are also very well reputed.

Yes The Aeroels are very good, a tad bass shy bt otherwise very good. They do midrange very well.

The HiQs are 19mm domes and hence need to be XOed a bit higher or steeper than larger domes. Otherwise they are excellent.

Ok I've reached the last lg of this journey.The cabinets are done and being polished, hopefully will be done by today or tomorrow. The crossovers are being assembled and the wiring harness made ready as soon as the polishing is done-we need to take measurements of the wire lengths. I'm hoping to have the speakers ready and working by the first half of next week, and will post the final set of pictures shortly.

I'm also a bit impatient to get it completed, and up and running. I hoped to finish it this week, but the carpenter couldnt get the polisher across to his place, so its got delayed.

I wnt for a final inspection on Sunday and found to my disappointment that the pine wood speaker baffle was very badly cut and manually at that, so it has to be redone.This time I am getting it machine cut.There will be a delay of a few days!

Santhosh

I didnt have my camera with me, and will not go across for afew days with the machine cut baffles. I collected my sub enclosure though and will post some pics of it before I mount the Shiva driver into it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back