Absolute Amateur.. No clue

nayal01

Hi,
1. I have no clue and therefore only to absorb advice.
2. Requirements:-
Daughters have an amazing voice and enjoy singing English numbers (not rock).
Need something that allows her to listen to songs off the net/ you tube/ and some serious stuff off a turn table.
Probably an Amp to plug in her mike, head phones and guitar..
and when she is not around some thing that plays music off my wife phone/ net.
House: three rooms in a 1500 sq ft area.
Budget: Max 40-50 grand as of now and something that i can add-on or build on sequentially.
Thanks..

Best advice I can give at this moment is, read through the various threads in this forum.
Gained knowledge will let you decide what you want instead of asking for an opinion.

Hi,
1. I have no clue and therefore only to absorb advice.
2. Requirements:-
Daughters have an amazing voice and enjoy singing English numbers (not rock).
Need something that allows her to listen to songs off the net/ you tube/ and some serious stuff off a turn table.
Probably an Amp to plug in her mike, head phones and guitar..
and when she is not around some thing that plays music off my wife phone/ net.
House: three rooms in a 1500 sq ft area.
Budget: Max 40-50 grand as of now and something that i can add-on or build on sequentially.
Thanks..
So let me see if i can clear it up a bit.
You are looking for a turntable,an amplifier with Bluetooth audio streaming and Karaoke built in and also act as a guitar amp with a pair of loudspeakers. :yahoo:

You are in luck. The Klipsch R-15PM is probably what you need from features point of view. R-15PM Powered Monitors | Klipsch
Talk to Cinebels, Bangalore - Klipsch dealers in India. Someone on this forum recently bought it - speak to him too.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the journey.

What you need at a min. is a pair of speakers, amplifier and source. In addition to these, you need cables to connect each of these. Speaker to amplifier (speaker cables), and amplifier to source (RCA cables - also known as interconnects).

Would suggest that you split your budget more or less equally between the speakers, amplifier and source. Keep around 5% of your budget for cables.

Try and travel to a Metro city closest to your location - in your case Delhi seems suitable. Fix up appointments with audio dealers/shops, and spend a couple of days listening to different combinations in your price range. Take a call after that.

Do keep in mind a couple of things:
- Don't be in a hurry to finalize.
- You must listen to the system that you will buy. Don't buy blind, or only based on recommendations.
- Make a CD of the songs that you like and carry this for any audition.
- If you want to appreciate better 'quality' of music, you will need to listen to music in higher resolution than mp3 or what is available on you tube.

Best,
APK

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back