Absolute Phase brings Harbeth Loudspeakers (U.K) to India as sole distributors.

Your favourite Harbeth Loudspeaker is:-

• Harbeth Compact 7ES-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harbeth Monitor 20 Domestic

• Harbeth Monitor 30 Domestic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harbeth loudspeakers start at Rs 1,68,415/- to Rs 10,45,650/- onwards. All prices are inclusive of 14% Karnataka VAT.
Warranty is 3-years.
Kindly note that prices are subjected to change without notice!

Congrats Prithvi ! Well done;

Boy - has audio become expensive - Harbeths @ Rs. 10.5 Lacs !!

All the Best !
I am sure the market in India has matured & lots of forum members will show interest;;

I will drop in for a listen - next time I am in Bangalore...
:clapping:

Some good news we will shortly be having a dealer in Mumbai for Harbeth, ProAc, Rethm, Nitty Gritty, Inc LP cleaners, Speakers Corner Receords LPs. So all you Mumbai fans rejoice.

Great;
Hope that have a 'dedicated' demo room & you shall visit & set the products up.
It is always a pleasure to listen to good speakers in a good room that have been well set up !!
I look forward to this....
All the Best !
:yahoo:

Congrats Prithvi ! Well done;

Boy - has audio become expensive - Harbeths @ Rs. 10.5 Lacs !!

All the Best !
I am sure the market in India has matured & lots of forum members will show interest;;

I will drop in for a listen - next time I am in Bangalore...
:clapping:

Thanks and you are most welcome!

Award for Harbeth flagship monitor
HARBETH'S 40.1 reference monitor has been honoured in Poland where it has just become 'Award of the Year' by High Fidelity magazine.
Editor-in-Chief, Wojclech Pacula, said it was his pleasure to make the announcement, and offered his 'sincere and heartfelt congratulations' to Alan and the Harbeth team'.
High Fidelity

Another flagship TV Show opts for Harbeth
AT the centre of a 5 million TV studio refurbishment are Harbeth loudspeakers. When Britains commercial ITV channel, makers of the hugely successful weekday series Emmerdale, revamped its Leeds broadcasting centre they had to have the best possible monitors.
After a year-long project, the Emmerdale studios now have the latest high definition audio and video technology.
The audio team at Emmerdale know how important well balanced sound is to their hit TV show, says Harbeths Alan Shaw.
I am in awe of how much technical crafting goes into a mass-market daily drama like Emmerdale. Every camera angle, every microphone position, and the smallest detail of lighting is pre-planned, weeks ahead. Nothing is left to chance becaue the cost of re-filming is so great.
The entire cast and crew are working extremely long hours, and thats where Harbeths natural sounding monitors really shine. Even after a twelve-hour shift, talented sound engineers go home unfatigued, ready to do it all again the next day: rare nowadays as more and more studios cut corners to save costs, and inevitably compromise their monitoring.
Harbeth was chosen because experienced audio engineers must have complete confidence in their monitors when making artistic decisions, and know they can rely on the traditional, uncoloured Harbeth sound with its BBC design pedigree.
Well done again ITV Leeds, for investing in Harbeth monitoring, just like your colleagues at The X-Factor!

The Angel of Harbeth
HEROES is how Harbeth staff have been described as they came to the help of a worthwhile charity in real need.
I cant begin to tell you what these Harbeth C7ES-3 speakers have done for our young people, says an extremely grateful Chris Davis who runs a music project to help engage disadvantaged young people in north-east England.
They come from an area of extreme deprivation, they dont have computers or designer clothes, they never watch football because they do not have Sky; but now they have, arguably, the best studio facility available in the area something of real quality that others, more fortunate, around them didnt have, he adds.
I estimate we have helped over 60 young people in just a few short months with many, many more to benefit in the future.
The donated Harbeths are the centrepiece for all topic of conversation, every user comments on their beauty and more professional clients have expressed their jealousy over them. Quite simply, they have changed our lives. So, from all the young people of Brookfield, Preston we would like to thank Harbeth very much.

Harbeth on Twitter
HARBETH news is now available on Twitter where we are @harbethHQ
If you are active on the social media please follow us, otherwise why not check out what Twitter has to offer. We will be updating with snippets from the factory and from the Harbeth family around the world. Join in and share your experience. We look forward to hearing from you.

Mighty Mini Wins the Day
AWARD NEWS: P3ESR mini monitor wins Japan's Stereo Sound magazine 2010 Grand Prix award! Alan has been to Tokyo to collect the Award ....

Harbeth's diminutive P3ESR took on giant floor-standers at one hundred times the price and wins in the Stereo Sound world's best new audio products 2010 round up. By far the chapest, smallest loudspeaker and the only product from a wholly-British company in the Award list -- it's great news as Harbeth's sales continue to rise. More information on the Harbeth User Group.

35 successful years
2012 MARKS a very special anniversary for Harbeth which celebrate 35 years of making top quality hi-fi and professional monitoring loudspeakers.
Little could senior BBC engineer Dudley Harwood have imagined that the British loudspeaker company he started would be creating world-leading technology 35 years later. Just as he had taken his breakthrough cone technology, polypropylene, to the mass market in 1977, Harbeth Audio today is unique in using its revolutionary, breakthrough material RADIAL TM across its range of home hi-fi and professional broadcast monitors.

The name Harbeth is a fusion of the founders surname, Har-wood, and Eliza-beth, his wifes name; today it is a brand revered around the globe as creator of hand-crafted British loudspeakers with unbeatable resolution and clarity.

We will be unveiling our full anniversary plans shortly.

Last edited:
A hole new era
THE HARBETH UK's headquarters expansion continues!

Having purchased the adjacent factory unit (no.4) last year, Harbeth have now had an internal opening knocked through the dividing wall between units 3 and 4. After a short delay to allow for architect's plans and the appropriate local authority planning concent to be granted, the new year saw the builders move in and dust sheets used liberally to protect everything and everyone.
"This increases our production efficiency as we can move materials directly between the two unts without having to exit one unit and enter the other via the car park", explains an excited MD, Alan Shaw.

The work to penetrate the eight-inch thick wall between the two factories was done inside two days. The job will be finished with a fire-proof roller shutter.
The extra production capacity will help Harbeth to meet the growing international demand for its hand-crafted British loudspeakers in markets across the globe.

More photographs of the process will appear in the next newsletter, due in February.

1977-2012 - 35 years of the fresh, natural Harbeth sound!

From the revered three-way Harbeth Monitor 40.1 (left) used to make TV cults including The X-Factor, Emmerdale and BAFTA award-winning The Cube, to the award-winning shoe-box sized P3ESR (top right), the Harbeth sound is a unique British success story.

But what makes our thirty-five year-old brand a sonic winner in over forty international markets?

Every Harbeth combines truthfulness and musicality for a lifetime of listening pleasure. The Harbeth company emerged from the BBC's pioneering loudspeaker development legacy, making them ideal for critical listening at both end of the recording chain - in the studio and at home.

The heart of a great loudspeaker is a truly exceptional bass/midrange driver. Harbeth's unique RADIAL drive unit (above) - designed and made here in the UK - uses techniques and material available to no other manufacturer. RADIAL is the crowning glory of the Harbeth open sound - as a personal demonstration will reveal.

Last edited:
Our Harbeth Tribe of happy customers is increasing day by day! Thank you all those who have placed orders and already got the Harbeth speakers. May our tribe increase more and more. Here's to the world's most natural sounding loudspeakers.

Come and hear the difference! Be your own judge and do please trust your own ears! End of the day Loudspeaker listening has and always will be subjective!

I only trust my own ears!:D

Yes, my question was about your ears only :D
To your ears, more natural sounding than rethms?

Will definitely come to audition when I am in b'lore - just don't know when.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back