Ac noice filter

RajeevMurali

hai guys....
There is lot of external noices when i am hearing my valve radio.There is too much noice especially on night . is there any circuits or filters for eliminating these noices? pls help me.......

thanks in advance

Rajeev Murali

you can use an Ultra isolation transformer from a good manufacturere 240 to 240. It may cost you between 5k to 6k for .5KVA to 1KVA.

That's Noice! - It's Aussie for Awesome

Tubes, they will make noises, and the rotary knobs for volume and station switching may have outlived their life - and i have to post this song for you-

I hear Mariachi static on my radio
And the tubes they glow in the dark
And Im there with her in Ensenada
And Im here in Echo Park

Carmelita hold me tighter
I think Im sinking down
And Im all strung out on heroin
On the outskirts of town

Well, Im sittin here playing solitaire
With my pearl-handled deck
The county wont give me no more methadone
And they cut off your welfare check

I think Im sinking down
On the outskirts of town

Well, I pawned my Smith Corona
And I went to meet my man
He hangs out down on Alvarado Street
By the Pioneer chicken stand

I think Im sinking down
On the outskirts of town

I think Im sinking down
On the outskirts of town

Last edited:
suri,

thought you were a complete youngster judging by your enthusiasm and repeated diy designs and you sound quite very early 30's i would have guessed! :)

Wah. The man wanted a simple answer to his query and he gets a rendition of Carmalita :eek:hyeah:

Sir,

1. What you hearing is wideband RFI (hash) being generated by household appliances and wiring. In the evening the noise goes up because all those wonderful CFLs are lit up adding to the RFI.
2. If the noise is intermittent then it can be attributed to worn out pots, switches or even worn out tubes. You know what to do if it is so.
3. If the noise also has a grubby hum component to it then it time to change the main reservoir cap and the coupling cap between the output pentode and the triode. In 99% cases it will be ECL82/86 and both the section are in one tube.
Solution:

1. Move the radio to a less noisy part of your home. Switch on the radio, tune to a quite section in the MW band and rotate the radio 360deg slowly. You will find an angle where it is picking up least amount of noise.
2. String your aerial outdoors and use a coax to bring in the signal.
3. Most important. You need a very good ground. 80% of signal is lost otherwise. Ground will improve the S/N ration.

BTW Linda Ronstadt rocks. I hope she is still as beautiful as she appeared in the LP record cover back in the 70s. ;)

Wah. The man wanted a simple answer to his query and he gets a rendition of Carmalita :eek:hyeah:

Sir,

1. What you hearing is wideband RFI (hash) being generated by household appliances and wiring. In the evening the noise goes up because all those wonderful CFLs are lit up adding to the RFI.
2. If the noise is intermittent then it can be attributed to worn out pots, switches or even worn out tubes. You know what to do if it is so.
3. If the noise also has a grubby hum component to it then it time to change the main reservoir cap and the coupling cap between the output pentode and the triode. In 99% cases it will be ECL82/86 and both the section are in one tube.
Solution:

1. Move the radio to a less noisy part of your home. Switch on the radio, tune to a quite section in the MW band and rotate the radio 360deg slowly. You will find an angle where it is picking up least amount of noise.
2. String your aerial outdoors and use a coax to bring in the signal.
3. Most important. You need a very good ground. 80% of signal is lost otherwise. Ground will improve the S/N ration.

BTW Linda Ronstadt rocks. I hope she is still as beautiful as she appeared in the LP record cover back in the 70s. ;)

Well, aks07, no! - Ms. Ronstadt is, perhaps, not as beautiful as she appeared on that LP record -

"Singer Linda Ronstadt has struggled with an underactive thyroid for a number of years. "

Google Image Result for http://z.about.com/d/thyroid/1/0/h/e/linda-ronstadt.jpg

Last edited:
Well, aks07, no! - Ms. Ronstadt is, perhaps, not as beautiful as she appeared on that LP record -

"Singer Linda Ronstadt has struggled with an underactive thyroid for a number of years. "]
I think she is till beautiful considering her condition ;) But wah wah...what is the deal with those beads on her wrists and that stark nail polish shade? :rolleyes:
linda-ronstadt.jpg

More details! First thyroid issues, now beads and nail polish....god surely can't be in the details :indifferent14:

Wonder what's next.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back