AC RYAN - Play on HD Owners Thread

I upgraded to 3966 and am happy with it.

hi i upgraded yesterday to 3966 and it showed it is scanning the files after upgrading, and it took a while to scan my 800 gb of files.
and when i switched on today it showed it is scanning again,then i stopped it.
but i felt it is not smooth as my earlier firmware.dont know it happened with me only...

but the gui looked far better than the earlier ones.only am finding it difficult to reach the relevant files easily.
pls help..

may be it didn't complete the scan the first time. you can try and switch off the Auto Scan from the Setup Menu and Misc Settings.

Hi guys Please help me. Which Media Player gives DTS MA and Dolby Tru HD. I dont now abt the down mix and al.

WD HD Live
Seagate theater
Play on
Koiebar

I want to get DTS master audio when I play file with DTS MA

Thanx

Hi guys Please help me. Which Media Player gives DTS MA and Dolby Tru HD. I dont now abt the down mix and al.

WD HD Live
Seagate theater
Play on
Koiebar

I want to get DTS master audio when I play file with DTS MA

Thanx

Dune Prime 3.0 can do that. It comes with a built-in Bluray player that can be made to play all region BDs.

Shailender

ok, so to confirm, may be I am wrong, but may be someone else can comment on it too.

i have kept the Audio settings in my POHD as pasthrough, and hence the Audio goes untouched to my AVR. My denon 1911 then detects it as Tru HD MA and displays the same in the display. So I am quite sure this is not Downmixed stereo.

And now I have another problem.

I have a Full HD P42V20D panasonic Plasma TV. It gets the feed from the denon 1911 AVR, which in turn gets its feed from the new chipset POHD Gen 1. All 3 connected with 2 HDMI cables. So the setup is, POHD (this is my only source) > HDMI > Denon 1911 > HDMI > 1080p TV.

Now coming to the media, I have a lot of lossless rips (M2TS format) from Blu Rays. They surely can be played at 1080p resolution. Also I have some MKVs downloaded from the internet. They can be played at 1080 p as well.

Now my settings - I guess there is no explicit setting in the TV for setting the resolution. In other words it detects what ever Video is coming to it and displays in the best possible format (?)

Now my POHD has Video Settings. I have tried both the settings there. Setting it to 1080p 50hz/ 1080p 60hz and also Setting it to Auto.

On my Denon 1911, I have switched off the ipscaler as I don't want it to touch the video.

When ever I play this settings combo, I start getting jittery video and I see 3 vertical white lines equidistant across the length of the screen. The audio starts clipping and the video comes and goes.

To get rid of this, I have to keep pressing the TV SYS button on my POHD remote till I cycle thru all the resolutions and come till 1080i (not 1080p).
In 1080i is starts playing the video properly.

So thats the juice of my issue, I can't watch FULL HD videos at 1080p resolution, even though I have a FULL HD TV and compatible Media Player, AVR and Media as well.

Could this be a problem of the settings of the media Player or something to do with the Denon 1911?

Please help!

Thanks Dhiraj, however, I have a MKV rip 8GB or Black hawk Down, even with that, when i play on HDMI Auto I see the white vertical lines.

I connect the POHD directly to the TV and yes, I was able to view the videos at 1080p without any problems. However, (may be my eyes are at fault for this) but I found some loss in Video Playback quality when connecting POHD directly to TV via HDMI.

After this I again connected it via the AVR route and this time I changed the settings of the POHD TV SYS from HDMI Auto to 1080p 50 Hz and I was able to see the Video without any lines.

Can someone help me with the differences between 1080p 50 hz and 1080p 60 hz?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back