Acer H5370BD - Impressions

Ordered the Color Wheel from eBay. It came much more quickly than expected, and I went to pick up the projector from the repair shop today. I've been working for about an hour now and just got the case open. Pretty sure I snapped the bits that hold it together on one side off, cause it was a ****** to get off. Guess we'll see when I try to put it back together.

So now I'm going to try swapping the color wheel! Wish me luck! I'll follow up to let folks know whether I'm successful or not.

Well, I got the color wheel replaced, which was surprisingly easier than I expected, though tedious with all the little screws and such, and the whole prjoector back together.

Hit the power button aaaaaaaandstill doing the same thing. Beeps twice and blue light blinks, fan spins up for ~ a minute, fan spins down.

Guess that's $70 bucks down the hole. Guess I'll be looking for a projector with the same throw distance and mounting style so I don't have to move/replace my ceiling mount.

Sorry to hear that. Try selling it on ebay if you can. Get that 5380 from the ebay link I sent ya you won't be disappointed. Edit it sold. If I see another one pop up I'll PM you

Last edited:
Hey all ... I'm facing a strange problem today. I'm not able to switch on the projector. The red light is on and no matter how much I try switching it on from projector or remote is not working.The lamp led remains red and no flashing of red happens as well. Please help me troubleshoot it. It's been more than 1.5 years so no warranty and I stay in Bangalore so no good service centres as well :(

Last edited:
Hey all ... I'm facing a strange problem today. I'm not able to switch on the projector. The red light is on and no matter how much I try switching it on from projector or remote is not working.The lamp led remains red and no flashing of red happens as well. Please help me troubleshoot it. It's been more than 1.5 years so no warranty and I stay in Bangalore so no good service centres as well :(

Try to reset it.

Hold the power button until it beeps or turns on ect but keep holding it and it should reset.

If that does not work maybe it's time to replace the bulb.

Try to reset it.

Hold the power button until it beeps or turns on ect but keep holding it and it should reset.

If that does not work maybe it's time to replace the bulb.

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I tried switching on after a day and it worked.
Not sure what is the issue.
Since it's been a long time I will try to get it serviced/ cleaned inside from a reliable dealer.

Hi,
I have come on this forum after a very long time. Hence, such a late reply on this issue (of Life and Death for Projector lover :) Posting it nevertheless, if it helps.

Problem: I had the same problem, this is NOT a color wheel problem, there is a problem in the Power Supply (Ballast) as the projector repair guy calls it. It is not giving enough charge to start the projector Lamp. Hence, its not turning ON. And eventually the color wheel also doesnt start.

Cause: Fluctuating Power Supply / Dust Intrusion
Repairing Option: This is not a very expensive part to repair. The actual cost of repair and/or replacement the ballast is only 2500/-. I got it repaired from BestProjection in Tilak Nagar Delhi. Trouble is, if you go through an agent, (whose numbers are listed on the sites like justdial), you will end up paying 2-3K extra. The repair guy's number is 9971674042. Sorry, i forgot his name. He is a reasonable guy. Talk to him, he may suggest you a way out, if you are not in Delhi.

Recommendation: He suggested to get the projector serviced every 1000 hours, if one is living in a dusty and hot place (Read Delhi). Fluctuating power supply, however, can give it an instant death.

My ACER 5370BD had this problem after around 1800 hours. After repair, now it has run another 1000 hours. Hope this helps.

Exactly, this is what my service guy said too. Do a routine projector maintenance every year by paying Rs. 1000, it will serve you for a long time.

Completed 1300 hours with the projector. Still works good as new.

I had an issue where the projector used to suddenly turn black and white with flickering, researched online and forums recommended changing the HDMI cable. I tried this and it still had this issue, then I changed the HDMI input port in my AVR and it now works fine.

Completed 1300 hours with the projector. Still works good as new.

I had an issue where the projector used to suddenly turn black and white with flickering, researched online and forums recommended changing the HDMI cable. I tried this and it still had this issue, then I changed the HDMI input port in my AVR and it now works fine.

That's a dust issue, not HDMI. It will happen again. Try to get inside and clean with a link free cloth.

First time posting here. Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask for this!

I've had this projector for 1 year, 3 months and 3 weeks in other words, 3 months and 3 weeks out of warranty. So of course something breaks now. It worked fine the night before last, and I didn't use it last night. Tonight, I try to turn it on, and the fan spins up, it beeps twice, and the Power LED flashes blue. This cycle repeats for a few minutes, then it beeps three times, the fan spins down permanently, and the Lamp LED flashes red.

The manual seems to say that the first pattern (flashing blue Power LED) indicates the lamp is retrying, and the second cycle (flashing red Lamp LED) indicates "color Wheel fail." I contacted Acer support and since unplugging the power cord and holding the power button down to "discharge static electricity" didn't work, they want $250 + tax + shipping to repair it.

Anyone have any ideas of what the problem may be, or if I can do anything to fix this? Or know any projector repair places in the Bay area?

I had a similar issue. I have about 1500 hours on the bulb. After going through this thread, I finally opened the projector myself and gave it a good clean(very immature way) and now it started working beautifully again. I think all projectors require this maintenance. It took me a while the way to open this projector. Once I did, it was easy to put it back. So fellas, do service this projector once in an year atleast.

Update:
I have been using it for more than 3.5 years now. My Hour count is 5000+.

After 4000 hours, the bulb started dimming, I searched online and bought the original bulb from Ebay.com from a china based seller. Its working beautifully again.

Other trouble i faced was dust issue. My previous projector repair guy told me this secret.
There is a small circuit connected to the color wheel, on dust accumulation, the chip fails sometime. keep it clean regularly.

I unscrewed that circuit, cleaned up and fixed it. Its been working fine.

Happy viewing!

After 4000 hours, the bulb started dimming, I searched online and bought the original bulb from Ebay.com from a china based seller. Its working beautifully again.

Other trouble i faced was dust issue. My previous projector repair guy told me this secret.
There is a small circuit connected to the color wheel, on dust accumulation, the chip fails sometime. keep it clean regularly.

I unscrewed that circuit, cleaned up and fixed it. Its been working fine.

Can you please share the link for the bulb and also steps (with pictures if possible), on how to clean the dust in the circuit that you mentioned above.

Hi in Chennai where can v find any good pj service guy? I like to clean my pj since its full of dust inside the unit

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Nearing 2000 hours with the projector after 3 years, still works beautifully like day 1. Still proud about my purchase. Such a wonderful projector.

Cheers,
Prem

Hi All,

I have purchased the same unit on Apr-2014 and total hours running is 2800. But a few days ago, It started a problem like flickering and I guess noise from color wheel. So i opened the unit and clean all compartment. but my mistaken a little part of color wheel is broken and then i fixed it.

Current status.. it wont start.. After pressing power button. power button light blue with small red light.

Im in Pune. can you please give address or contact details to fix this issue.. and what will be the cost for color wheel replacement and general cleaning...

Thanks,
Rajesh

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back