Acer H5370BD - Impressions

Only part of my post is shown in the last post, GetD from eBay is cheaper and quality wise better, only it's bulky as I already wear specs, wearing over it for the whole movie, is painful at the end of the movie.

Last edited:
Acerbh5370bd or optoma hd141x which u guys prefer please suggest
Specs wise Optoma is better, it all depends about your needs.

In acer you can connect your laptop/computer and other older devices with av out, S video etc.
56859742ad2b9b20f01e674651e1aeae.jpg

Whereas in Optoma you hdmi only and it has two, so, future proof

Hoooray, completed 1000 hours in the PJ in 20 months. Feeling happy. Still rocking just like Day 1. My Mobile cam is not all that good.

2015317221459_zpsqririem5.jpg

2015317221216_zpsgruy8vie.jpg
Hi Prem congrats, did you notice every time you switch on and off, the timer increases by 2 hours. I have barely watched about 10 movies already it shows 50 hrs.

I usually check every discs I buy immediately whether it's working and I watch them on holidays.

Hi, the timer doesn't increase for me. Please do check with other members too, for me it displays correctly but I feel initially you will have this jump.

Hi Prem congrats, did you notice every time you switch on and off, the timer increases by 2 hours. I have barely watched about 10 movies already it shows 50 hrs.

I usually check every discs I buy immediately whether it's working and I watch them on holidays.

I read projector centrals review and followed their instructions on the settings, they have screenshots of the settings to achieve the best picture levels...

I am in 'User' mode with custom settings as per the above website, will post pics...

Hi Prem, have been really off movie watching due to work pressures and travelling associated with it, so have clocked just around 300 hrs. As for display settings have brightness and contrast around 47 and 48, econo mode on, dynamic color and dynamic black off.

Searched this thread for your posting on settings, but could not locate anything apart from above post. Please post your settings again.

I have the 5380 projector and was wondering if the 5370 has the same issue. I have a question for the 3D movies why does it reset the settings back to normal? What I mean it does not keep my settings with Brightness, Color, Tint, etc. It keeps them when I play a normal bluray/DVD/Netflix, etc. I wonder why it does not keep it?

Starting with a disclaimer - This post is by no means an attempt (professional or novice) to declare the projector the de-facto choice for any of you. This is just a humble attempt to present my impressions of the pj with pure intention to assist anyone of you with any data points needed :cool:

The setup at my end - done more in a hurry as it was a long delayed post.

IMG_20130703_184432.jpg

1. Acer H5370BD placed on top of a side cabinet for video output
2. Bose SoundDock II for audio output
3. Compaq Laptop (not seen in the picture)

First image of HFV website projected on an off-white wall (pale cream in color)
IMG_20130703_184922.jpg

The text to me is sharp and clear - colors natural and the experience of browsing on a wall on a 87" diagonal screen - amazing. BTW, this shot is taken with the tubelight on and some light shining through curtains early in the evening.

The projector will be mainly used for viewing movies, so a snapshot of one of the recent hindi movies (16:9)

IMG_20130703_185931.jpg

:Ahem: Deepika never looked this great on a 42 inch television ;)

Contrast is not something to write home about. The colors are natural again for the movie mode as well. Sharpness is good (for me).

Couple of shots from X-Men First class (all the shots are from a Laptop output at 720P resolution)
IMG_20130703_185506.jpg

A close-up shot for those who would want to know more on the clarity of the image (the rip is not that great and my apologies for using the nexus 4 camera - the only available at my disposal for these images)
IMG_20130703_185521.jpg

Next on the demo was a shot from Avenger's. This one is in 16:10 aspect ratio and the dark scenes do let you down a bit, but only during the day time viewing.
IMG_20130703_190416.jpg

You all must have noticed by now a lamp casting its shadow on the projected image, but honestly have not got time at hand to set this thing up perfectly or pick up a screen and fix it on the wall.

Last snapshots are from IMAX - Under the Sea. The image clarity, brightness and sharpness is just amazing. The experience during certain parts of the video was almost having a huge aquarium on the wall.
IMG_20130703_191122.jpg

IMG_20130703_191418.jpg

The poor equipment used for taking these pics, as mentioned above, is a camera on Google Nexus 4. Which again to me could not do justice to the projected images I saw on the wall.

As for Rainbow effect - yes, it is present. Does it bother me or others in the family - Absolutely no.

I do notice a bit of flicker when playing 1080p content but can attribute that to my source as of now - laptop running vlc player with no video h/w acceleration. Will test the content with WDTV player and update again.

Thanks to each and everyone of you, who helped me in zero-ing down on this PJ. Will try my best to answer any queries you may have on the projector.

As we all enjoy big-screen 3D home-entertainment,This projector adds depth to entertainment with instant 2D-to-3D conversion in high definition at very affordable rate.It is provided with the high resolution picture quality. You can find projector screens at affordable rates at elitescreens.com .

Hi Friends,

I have lost my picture setting in my PJ. Can anyone post their current settings? i am confused especially with the color(red, green...) options, gamma and the white peak. Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

I see my pics are too blurry so here they are:
My settings are:
DM: User
WC: Green(Try them all but this looks great to my eyes)
B:48
C:60
S:43
T:58
Sharpness: 10(I really can't tell a difference 5 or 10, so 10 it is)
After having it 6 months it's the best setting I've gotten. I don't think I can do better.

Thanks a lot. i really appreciate your help.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back