Acer H5370BD - Impressions

Well well well!
So finally my PJ has been resurrected :D
But not before my ordeal and many anxious moments!!
Wud like to give a detailed account... Perhaps it can help others.. Though I wish u guys never need that :D
I seem to have used my PJ really well..I see the hours usage in this forum around 800-900 hours! Mine is 1800! in 11 months!
So I guess, a visit to service centre was impending... but not before the PJ (Almost) Died!
I used PJ mostly in Ahmedabad, where Power fluctuation and blackouts are non existent... (well, Modi was correct :)... so never had any issue with PJ.
But recently shifted to Delhi and as usual plugged all electronic devices worth 1.5L to Rs. 150 Chinese Spike Buster!! My moment of insanity, that was! :(

That spike buster didnt take the Delhi's Voltage fluctuation too well! And the effect showed on the PJ. Within a week of using in Delhi, PJ started behaving erratically. Sometimes, it stopped after operating for 5 min, other time, it had problem in starting up. (the color wheel not rotating properly, as it showed red, blue colors on start up screen).
I did check the FAN FAIL problem. Removed the Bulb, did some clean up. There was indeed good amount of dust deposited inside the PJ. FAN was working intermittently, thru further reading and research. Concluded that it was a not a FAN FAIL problem.

To avoid further damage, I approached ACER - US chat support, they suggested basic reset like, Unplugging all cables, then pressing and holding power button on PJ for 30 seconds. Apparently for draining out all charges. It also didnt work. They suggested that the PJ is also under ITW (International Travelers' Warranty). So theoretically, if you are traveling to other countries (except ur home country), u can give for repair at authorized ACER ITW support centres. I checked, these are almost in all capital cities.
Further, as per Delhi ITW centre, If these global ITW centres cant repair, while u r in that country, they will replace it with a new PJ.

But in Delhi, ITW Centre and all other Acer service centres, declined to help me. And i could not find anyone willing to service an ACER projector model of abroad. Not even the Delhi's famed Nehru Place market.

I still had about 20 days warranty left, so now, I was left with only option to ship to US service centre for repair and to hope that some friend will come to india and bring back the PJ. But, the last moment, somehow, I got to know about a PJ repair shop in Tilak Nagar, Delhi. He said there is a problem with "BLAST" in PJ. Apparently, Blast controls power supply to bulb and other components. I still have no clue, it it does.
he repaired in one day and charged me 4500/- Though, I believe he might have charged me 4 times than he should have. But I was happy to see the PJ alive and kicking.

I brought it back home, installed! all worked perfectly, untill after 1 hour, vertical white lines were all across the screen. ;(
Read on the net about it. Apparently, it was a lose connection in DMD chip. To fix this, one needs to apply some pressure just behind the Zoom knob. All lines disappeared but two! Despite pressing at all points, they refused to go.
Youtube has a video of Optoma HD20 to fix the same issue. The engineer in me prompted me to Pop the PJ open and fix! Opened it! But my warning, rather advice... it has some locks and applying undue pressure, can screw up the PJ for good. So be careful.

On the circuit board, applied some pressure above the DMD chip area. fixed the bulb back! And its been working fine for a day now.
Well well. another warning. the bulb MUST be taken out, before dissecting the PJ :) Prevents accidental damage to your pocket for about 12K!

Will update you guys, if anymore issues come up :)
Nothing beats the sheer joy of watching a HD movie on ur personal 10 feet screen :D
and my Happiness Quotient Soars!!

Last edited:
Sad day today :-(
At last the 3D glasses arrived exactly after one month but postman is demanding rs. 2520/- as customs duty for 3800/- purchase of 4 pcs.
The sainsonic people has declared the value as $12.
Will there be a invoice inside?
What shall I do now?

Sad day today :-(
At last the 3D glasses arrived exactly after one month but postman is demanding rs. 2520/- as customs duty for 3800/- purchase of 4 pcs.
The sainsonic people has declared the value as $12.
Will there be a invoice inside?
What shall I do now?

Actually the postal people asked me for 250rs or so for a 2600rs glass too.. IIRC he had showed me a receipt or something like that from the customs people.

Actually the postal people asked me for 250rs or so for a 2600rs glass too.. IIRC he had showed me a receipt or something like that from the customs people.
Yes he showed me a slip from customs to collect.
Sainsonic has declared value of goods inside is just $12/-, so they had put estimated value as of Rs. 6000/- and they had calculated CD @ 41.5% [emoji45] [emoji107]

Dev_KD. Good that you have the PJ back and it is even greater news that you found a person who can repair them.

My only grouse is, when you yourself referred online manuals TO opeN the PJ, it would have helped us all if you had taken some snaps of the same and posted in the forum or a blog. It would have served as a manual for acerH5370BD. The bulb opening, DMD chip etc. etc.

This is where we Indians really lack, communication.

Hi..I have posted ads on two most famous Indian selling sites for 4 3D glasses brought from Amazon US. My projector is 3D compatible and hence I had bought these glasses along with a convertor. didnt work out per plan and these glasses are lying unused..3 of them have not even been opened.

I do apologize to the mods for not posting on this site. Imageshack has become a paid site plus my last attempt at selling my speakers here using google+ wasnt a smart attempt with everyone having access to see my other pictures. Dont have time to look at other image hosting sites.

These two selling sites made it simpler by just enabling me to upload my photos and i have already started receiving requests.

I'm having Sony S5200 3D BD player. What type of 3D file I have to download from the torrents to be played in this player

I have TinTin BD Disc which contains 2D and 3D version, 2D version played well in my previous Sony s380 Indian player Zone C.
Now my new player does not play both the versions

How to play the 2D version on the 3D player ?

Dev_KD. Good that you have the PJ back and it is even greater news that you found a person who can repair them.

My only grouse is, when you yourself referred online manuals TO opeN the PJ, it would have helped us all if you had taken some snaps of the same and posted in the forum or a blog. It would have served as a manual for acerH5370BD. The bulb opening, DMD chip etc. etc.

This is where we Indians really lack, communication.

I agree with you! In the hindsight, I could have done so. But as they say.. Hindsight wisdom is of no use :(

Having encountered DMD chip problem, now i know that my PJ is not that robust :| So, cant take chances of disturbing my PJ now to correct the course. I havent yet "screwed it up" (literally) completely. :D Only 2 screws to support and it is working fine now. Wont disturb and fix other screws, until i have to move it.
However, if you guys do encounter any problem with PJ, I am here to help u.
Cheers!

Last edited:
After two months I got my 3D glasses

Sainsonic rainbow series

Pros - lightweight
Cons - very flimsy

Last edited:
b777e681026125aa8efc58fc35f44a93.jpg

Broken glasses

Last edited:
Hoooray, completed 1000 hours in the PJ in 20 months. Feeling happy. Still rocking just like Day 1. My Mobile cam is not all that good.

2015317221459_zpsqririem5.jpg

2015317221216_zpsgruy8vie.jpg

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back