Acer H5370BD - Impressions

Ok, almost 5+ years, the Acer H5370bd has for the first time failed to start. I don't use it regularly, may be even less than a month owing to my hectic travel schedule. Most of the times it is snugly packed back in its bag and waiting for me to unpack it and plug it in.

Today when I did so, there was the regular happy beep and then it was followed by a blinking blue light, double beep and the red light on lamp has come up. I am sure I have not used it even close to 1000 hours yet so shouldn't be the lamp.

Have sent a PM to Dev who had in an earlier post indicated his pleasant experience of connecting with best projections in Delhi. Lets see, if they are able to help me. I am in Gurgaon, will connect with them and keep you guys posted on how things turn up.

Quick questions though - has anyone got the lamp changed for this PJ locally, if yes, what has been the cost? And also if there have been any other repairs or DIY cleaning/troubleshooting tips, they will be more than welcome.

Hope to get back to happy viewing days again.

Completed 2000 hours and 5 years. Working well.

I used to give it to the service guy and do a yearly cleaning. He has relocated elsewhere. Any reliable technicians anyone can recommend in Bangalore?

People who did the maintenance themselves, is it hard? can you post a pictorial or video when you do it next time.

I think you shouldn't worry about this much. Apart from that there is a setting in PJ for high altitude. With this setting, the fan in the PJ will run frequently to cool down the projector.

I think you shouldn't worry about this much. Apart from that there is a setting in PJ for high altitude. With this setting, the fan in the PJ will run frequently to cool down the projector.
Hey, I have a high definition movie on my computer and I want to burn it to DVD for playback on TV. Is there any video to DVD converter recommended? But then, would the movie suffer much quality loss? I hope to download one converter reducing the quality loss to a minimum.

Hi,
Anyone changed lamp of H5370BD?
Now question is this pj works on both 120/240v input.So which replacement bulb we need to get? 240v?
In other words what is actual voltage pj supplying to bulb internally? lf its 110v ,then 240v bulb wont give brightness.If l use 110v bulb and acer supplying 240v,then lamp may blow. l checked online option,but couldnt find specs.
Thanks

Hi,
Anyone changed lamp of H5370BD?
Now question is this pj works on both 120/240v input.So which replacement bulb we need to get? 240v?
In other words what is actual voltage pj supplying to bulb internally? lf its 110v ,then 240v bulb wont give brightness.If l use 110v bulb and acer supplying 240v,then lamp may blow. l checked online option,but couldnt find specs.
Thanks
Can anyone tell me? Since its universal powersupply,on what voltage the lamp work? 120 or 240volts?

Did you buy the genuine lamp? From Where? I need to buy for my Panasonic AE4000. BTW it is 8 years old and done 4500 hours with a lamp change at 2000 hours.
There are lamps on aliexpress.You can check.Local service person told that genuine lamp will cost 4.5k.Market saying around 7k.My issue was wheel and still lamp indicator used to pop up.

Great to know, how much did it cost for repairs?

btw, has the upgrade bug bitten u? lately I have been reading about PJs again. For now I have ordered a ALR screen cloth from AliExpress which will increase the lost brightness. Need to keep doing something to keep reviving the interest.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back