Acoustic Portrait Records - Indian Classical Music

I was talking to Siva last weekend about recording Indian Classical music and it was fascinating to discover the tremendous nuances in the music and in the recording of the music. He was explaining to me the painstaking effort that goes into just the mic setups to capture just the tabla as an example. Apparently it takes at least half an hour to get the sound right as the tabla player uses different areas of the tabla to "express" the work.

The good news is that several artists have started working with Acoustic Portrait to have their work recorded. These are artists who normally would never be in the spotlight and are now getting to showcase their talent. Some of these guys are unknown and have tremendous talent. Case in point being shenai player Rudresh Bhajantri whom Siva describes as a musicians' musician.

Let's hope that we continue to get more and more material from Acoustic Portrait Records going forward.

Last edited:
Hi
Nikhil
Glad to know how the people associated with the acoustic portrait worked hard for Indian classical music. Their endeavour to let some lesser known artists unfurl their talent is praiseworthy. Indian classical music is our rich legacy but the no. of listeners for this genre is less or limited. So let us hope their effort at least will increase that dwindling no. Please keep on writing such as this for the music enthusiasts.
Happy listening

I was looking for the CD of this on their website. Looks like everything put on Youtube is not necessary available at their store?
Yes, that's correct. If the CD/download is available, they include the product link in the description box on YouTube.

Puchased one album, 24/192. Got the mail confirmation but no download link even after more than 12 hrs.How long does it take? Why is it not instant like HD tracks? These days even CDs are delivered faster...

Do give them a call and check. They are quick to respond. Happened with me. They made it available again

I bought 2 CD's

Raag Bageshwari
Tabla Solo

Both are very good music and play well.

IMO of course

I intend to buy more music after trying out the snippets on their website.

Regards

aithal_jan2020_cdcover.jpg

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back