Adsl wifi modem

AshishSingh

Hello guyz,
I am using airtel broadband connection since last 4 years, tht time with new connection got a bettel 450tc1 adsl2+router modem ,but yesterday it suddenly stoped working so thinking to buy a new one. So, for tht my budget is aproxx 1.5k plz suggest me n if possible with good wifi range :p
Thnk u :)

not sure how big is the coverage area required but for larger areas it is advisable to spend some extra buck and buy separate ADSL modem and separate wifi router with good range.

TPLINK has some good value-for-money stuff, look it up. I am using TD-W8968, and it works great.

Good buy and I would highly recommend this for Ashish. Main advantages being EWAN and 3G connectivity options (wonder if that is tested)

However if Ashish wants to buy separates then below can be options

TPLINK Wired Modem Router TD-8816 ADSL2+ - 1 ADSL Port + 1 Lan Port | eBay

and any gigabit router as below
TP-LINK TL-WR941ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com

I am also in need of a ADSL wifi modem and I am having a MTNL/BSNL ADSL connection. BROADBAND.i was going through D-Link ad and found that two models come within my budget

DIR 505
DSL 2730U WIRELESS N 150
D-Link Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ 4-Port Router
D-Link All-in-one Mobile Companion.

CAN THOSE WHO ARE WELL INFORMED GIVE THEIR SUGGESTION AS MY REQUIREMENT IS BASICALLY WIFI MODEL AND REPEATER ETC. ARE ADDITONAL. further any other alternative company model?
ANOTHER QUESTION IS THAT OTHER THAN ADSL WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE USED BY TELECOM COMPANIES AND ARE THE MODEMS SPECIFIC TO ONLY ONE LIKE ADSL ETC.?

I am also in need of a ADSL wifi modem and I am having a MTNL/BSNL ADSL connection. BROADBAND.i was going through D-Link ad and found that two models come within my budget

DIR 505
DSL 2730U WIRELESS N 150
D-Link Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ 4-Port Router
D-Link All-in-one Mobile Companion.

CAN THOSE WHO ARE WELL INFORMED GIVE THEIR SUGGESTION AS MY REQUIREMENT IS BASICALLY WIFI MODEL AND REPEATER ETC. ARE ADDITONAL. further any other alternative company model?
ANOTHER QUESTION IS THAT OTHER THAN ADSL WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE USED BY TELECOM COMPANIES AND ARE THE MODEMS SPECIFIC TO ONLY ONE LIKE ADSL ETC.?

Dlink 2730U should be good. Howver it will not work for cable tv based broadband connnections. TPLink 8968 that was mentioned above is a good alternative that will work in both scenarios. What is the coverage area?

4 BHK and all on same floor if that is the situation then place the router centrally and have TP Link 8968

After reading many online reviews/recommendations, I bought the TP-Link W8961ND and it has been a disappointment. The wireless range is only at the line of sight. The Wi-Fi signal is not available even in the next room. In fact, my HTC phone, when used as a Hotspot has exactly the same rangeas the TP-Link. I should have bought a cheaper router/modem.

I just got the TP Link 8968. Yet to open and test it out..

Hope it works in my 3BHK. Any actual reviews on this one??

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back