Advantage for AVRs with WiFi

nipunkx

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know the main advantaged that an AVR has which has build in WiFi connectivity option available?
Will I be able to stream a movie saved in my smart phone's SD card to the AVR and watch it on my TV connected to AVR?

Hi Friends,

Can you please let me know the main advantaged that an AVR has which has build in WiFi connectivity option available?
Will I be able to stream a movie saved in my smart phone's SD card to the AVR and watch it on my TV connected to AVR?

Yes to all.

Also you can stream from a Windows share on PC or laptop. Or if you have a NAS. Anything that runs a DLNA or UPnP server can be shared wirelessly.

Cheaper option is to use Chromecast Video or Chromecast Audio to make your AVR (or similar devices) wireless and even smart TVs. Also, a ton of Android sticks or Android TV boxes with onboard WiFi for similar functionality.

Yes to all.

Also you can stream from a Windows share on PC or laptop. Or if you have a NAS. Anything that runs a DLNA or UPnP server can be shared wirelessly.

Cheaper option is to use Chromecast Video or Chromecast Audio to make your AVR (or similar devices) wireless and even smart TVs. Also, a ton of Android sticks or Android TV boxes with onboard WiFi for similar functionality.

Thanks regeHA for your valuable input.
So is it worth to purchase an AVR with Wifi builtin by paying some 5000 RS additional?

Thanks regeHA for your valuable input.
So is it worth to purchase an AVR with Wifi builtin by paying some 5000 RS additional?

Only if you plan to use it. If your router is near and you can pull ethernet cable, that works too.

That said I use it a lot, both for audio and video and in terms of SQ I certainly see an improvement with wireless.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back