Advice B&W 685 S2- NEW YORK worth?

I own a pair of 685 S2s - seems like a good deal - i found these to be way more balanced than the dali zensor 3s when i was auditioning them. Arcam A 19 should be a great pairing as well.

Hi All,

Yes got this home and sold it:lol:

before the package arrived at my home i went with my amp to audition them at my friends place who owns 685s2. i actually thought that there would be day and night difference honestly i was not impressed.

Sold that to someone outside.

i dont know when i am going to open new thread ask a opinion on my interest. For now Considering Dynaudio entry level or Lsim703.

or used high end pairs:)

I auditioned bunch of speakers around 60k honestly. Only kind of ok with Lsim703 and liked Dynaudio Focus 140 (long back) MS silver 2.

I convinced my self to settle on DALI Zensor 3 for sometime but then now its been 2 years with them.
Now im looking for a good upgrade!!!

over the years what i realized is that Monitor Audio sound stage and music separation i really liked but then the metal dome was the culprit there.

Are you looking only at bookshelves? There was an Ikon 6 posted for sale from Bangalore.
What is your amp and room size?

I feel you should not be contemplating on B&Ws provided you are really ready to feed them with good amplifier. Marantz oh god Bowers will never care them. Arcam 19 cannot feed the protein needed by 685S2 muscle.

Believe me I have paired 685S2 with 200 watts power amplifiers you have to hear it to believe it. In that league no speaker can come near. I don't prefer 68 series is Bowers over 600 though.

My sincere feeling / suggestion to all after having travelled this long in this hobby is Please try to buy the right speaker of your choice and try to build your set up like Amp, receiver etc., around those speakers. Cause speakers are the one which will stay with you for long.

Please don't try to pair a speaker to your Amp then your hunt will never be over.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back