Advice for 46''/47'' TV

Well, LG 47'' TVs are just not available and IPL is slipping by, so re-considering the Samsung 46B530 LCD. Might be able to get it for around 60K. Any feedback on how is this model ?

Also, are there any FHD 47'' - 50'' plasmas for around 65-70K ?

I didnt like the sharpness (pixels seem to be too large) of the 50B450 plasma, but maybe FHD ones will do better on that aspect.

The only one available was the B550 plasma for 70k. Shitty samsung discontinued it.

You can find Panasonic 42" S10 and G10 around 50-55k and 65k respectively. Those are FHD.

Thanks Blasto. Those are the only models i could find too.

Measured viewing distances again, and realized it's 6.5-13 feet. So now thinking of 42 inch, keeping in mind 6.5 feet and majority channels will remain SD for few years.

I think For 42'' FHD is not needed, 720p gives good enough images. I know many members (you included) are pretty happy with the B450 plasma, so will give another try now. Also thinking of waiting for few more days, LG should launch 2010 range in April. Any idea when Samsung is launching 2010 range ?

Well yes LG LCDs that have 200Hz as refresh rate has the option to just High and Low where as mine has option of high, low and Off.

Thats what I meant actually, DLNA is not Samsung Proprietary, but their LCDs use it, I should have phrased the statement correctly.

DLNA exists on lots of TVs. Even my Philips 9703 supports DLNA though I never use it since its cumbersome and image quality isn't as good as HDMI with xtreamer.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back