Advice on 5.1 home theatre speaker package

debojyoty

I am looking to setup y first home theatre for my 12x12 living room. I have decided on either Yamaha 685 or Denon 2600 as the AV receiver.
I need advice on a 5.1 speaker package. I am not looking for floor standing / bookshelves speakers due to space constraints. But am rather looking for smaller satellite speakers. Can you please advice me on what speakers I should consider. My budget is Rs 1 lakh for the 5.1 speaker package. I was thinking about these -
  1. Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 5.1 package
  2. Elac 10 5.1 package
  3. Monitor Audio Mass 5.1
  4. Klipsch Reference Theatre 5.1 package
  5. Wharfdele DX-2 5.1 package
  6. Bose Acoustimass 10
Does anyone have any experience with any of these. I am from Hyderabad - should I also be considering if these brands have service centres in my city?
I have heard that Definitive Technology gives 3 years warranty where as most other brands have standard 1 year warranty. Is that true? should this be a consideration ?

Add Taga 606 package as well - many folks here use and recommend it. @harryneopotter is the newest customer of that package.

From above list, I heard ELAC 10 and Klipsh - both were ok though ELAC was better for me. I am no big fan of shril sound from Klipsch.

I am looking to setup y first home theatre for my 12x12 living room. I have decided on either Yamaha 685 or Denon 2600 as the AV receiver.
I need advice on a 5.1 speaker package. I am not looking for floor standing / bookshelves speakers due to space constraints. But am rather looking for smaller satellite speakers. Can you please advice me on what speakers I should consider. My budget is Rs 1 lakh for the 5.1 speaker package. I was thinking about these -
  1. Definitive Technology ProCinema 600 5.1 package
  2. Elac 10 5.1 package
  3. Monitor Audio Mass 5.1
  4. Klipsch Reference Theatre 5.1 package
  5. Wharfdele DX-2 5.1 package
  6. Bose Acoustimass 10
Does anyone have any experience with any of these. I am from Hyderabad - should I also be considering if these brands have service centres in my city?
I have heard that Definitive Technology gives 3 years warranty where as most other brands have standard 1 year warranty. Is that true? should this be a consideration ?
Ping FM @drkrack to get user opinion on MA Mass in HT.
He's from Hyderabad.
Cheers,
Raghu

Add Taga 606 package as well - many folks here use and recommend it. @harryneopotter is the newest customer of that package.

From above list, I heard ELAC 10 and Klipsh - both were ok though ELAC was better for me. I am no big fan of shril sound from Klipsch.
Yes, I did become a part of the family by getting 806 package. However, I am totally illiterate when it comes to comparing speakers. So the worst person to comment on this. But I am happy with the package (which does not say anything at all about the speakers itself, lol).

Hello again,

Any advice if this combination is okay -

YAMAHA RX-V685-7.2-channel AV receiver
ELAC Debut 2.0 B6.2- Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
ELAC Debut 2.0 C-5.2 -Center Channel Speaker
ELAC Debut 2.0 OW4.2- On-Wall Speakers (PAIR)
ELAC Debut S-10.2- 10" Powered Subwoofer

Should The Centre Channel Speaker be ELAC Debut 2.0 C-6.2 instead of the C-5.2 ? Will that be a better match or it doesn't matter ?

Regards,
-Debojyoty

Yes you should use 6.2. LCR should be on same brand with same configuration for timbre match. Or there may be chances you will feel difference in vocal. @Prodigy is using this combo he might give you a better idea about his experience.

Yes, I did become a part of the family by getting 806 package. However, I am totally illiterate when it comes to comparing speakers. So the worst person to comment on this. But I am happy with the package (which does not say anything at all about the speakers itself, lol).
As long as you are enjoying with what you have that's great HNP. By now your ears would have tuned well to your speakers. So, if you audition any speakers u can easily pin point the difference..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back