Advice on Denon AVR and compatible speaker setup

Seems like a pretty decent price.
Thanks for the response. I am waiting for price list from few more places. ProFX does not have stock for Denon X1600H and they are not expecting it be available before end of June. Will wait for price list from other places and will finalize it.

Hi, I am back with some more queries. Would like some advice on which subwoofer is better, The sub will be paired with Polk Audio T series speakers. So far I have seen option for Polk Audio PSW10 ( 10 inch woofer, 50W RMS, does not have LFE crossover option, do not know what that means though), PSW 111 (8 inch woofer, 150W RMS, does smaller size with more power improve anything..) and Polk Audio DSW PRO 440 (8 inch down firing, 180W, no other details known) My hall size is 25 x 14 x 12 feet. which one of these are better suited for such dimension.

Hi All, I have complete purchasing Denon X1600H receiver and Polk Audio T Series Speaker package. Received the receiver today and expecting the speakers to arrive in a day or two.

Now I am looking for the audio cable, to connect the speakers. Please suggest some good viable options for speakers and sub woofer.

Hi All, I have complete purchasing Denon X1600H receiver and Polk Audio T Series Speaker package. Received the receiver today and expecting the speakers to arrive in a day or two.

Now I am looking for the audio cable, to connect the speakers. Please suggest some good viable options for speakers and sub woofer.
From where did u buy denon 1600h, even I am planning to buy the same but due to high prices quoted by many sellers so couldn't book any.. I too located in Bangalore

I find Amazon Basics cable to be of good quality. Thats what I use.

Opinions differ on whether expensive cables are worth it.

I find Amazon Basics cable to be of good quality. Thats what I use.

Opinions differ on whether expensive cables are worth it.

Thanks for the response. I saw somewhere online about this being a CCA wire which is lower quality compared to a pure copper one. Does it make any difference? I know my setup is low power one.

Correction, I was talking about this one: AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 Feet

14 Guage is fine.
You can buy thicker if you want (12 guage), but in my view , not required.

Prices for cables go up to stratospheric levels. For example :

14 Guage is fine.
You can buy thicker if you want (12 guage), but in my view , not required.

Prices for cables go up to stratospheric levels. For example :
Ordered both 14 guage cable as well as subwoofer cable you suggested. ProFX team would help with setup the speakers sometime later after lockdown. For now they have told me to use 2.1 setup with this amazon basics cable. Subwoofer cable wont need replacement as per my understanding.

Hi All,
I have finally completed my initial planned setup for 5.1 channel configuration. The speakers are arranged in adhoc manner currently and I do not have a proper positioning for center channel due to space limitation, but overall the speakers are connected and working.
I ran Audyssey setup assistant and calibrated all speakers, it sounds great and more natural with all channels sounding well together.

Now I will start looking into other aspects of this mini project, i.e., a platform where I can place my receiver and center speaker as my TV unit cabinet is not capable of accommodating that. But that is more of a leisure task than an urgent requirement.

I would like to thank everyone you provided their valuable suggestions in completing one of my wish list items.

I will be back with some queries around settings and other usage related queries. :)

Thanks a lot to all again. :)

Hi All,
I have finally completed my initial planned setup for 5.1 channel configuration. The speakers are arranged in adhoc manner currently and I do not have a proper positioning for center channel due to space limitation, but overall the speakers are connected and working.
I ran Audyssey setup assistant and calibrated all speakers, it sounds great and more natural with all channels sounding well together.

Now I will start looking into other aspects of this mini project, i.e., a platform where I can place my receiver and center speaker as my TV unit cabinet is not capable of accommodating that. But that is more of a leisure task than an urgent requirement.

I would like to thank everyone you provided their valuable suggestions in completing one of my wish list items.

I will be back with some queries around settings and other usage related queries. :)

Thanks a lot to all again. :)
Please share photos of your setup

positionquery-1-jpg.57799

Here is an image from initial setup. Arrangement has changed a bit recently with workarounds, center channel has gone behind TV unit, placed just above the TV screen. Receiver has been moved to location where subwoofer was kept and subwoofer has been moved in front of the TV cabinet.

I have ordered another TV unit cabinet with provisions to place the receiver and center speaker, will rearrange the subwoofer(move it closer to wall) after that product is received.

Hi All

Is Audiomaxx.in legit? I googled and didn't find anything harmful. I live in Bangalore. I am asking my friend to get either the Denon 760H or Yamaha TSR 700/V6A - Assuming there are no customs hassles...it will cost me around the 40K mark. Audio Maxx had the Denon 1700H or Yamaha V6A for around the 60K mark and I am hoping their products will get Indian warranty. Both are out of stock but they got a PRE ORDER banner on these two. What do you suggest? My friends tickets are booked and I will definitely lay my hands on the receiver by mid May. Can call Audiomaxx next week based on your responses. My existing experience with a US bought receiver has been very good and its still going strong after 10 years..just that it doesn't have atmos.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hi All

Is Audiomaxx.in legit? I googled and didn't find anything harmful. I live in Bangalore. I am asking my friend to get either the Denon 760H or Yamaha TSR 700/V6A - Assuming there are no customs hassles...it will cost me around the 40K mark. Audio Maxx had the Denon 1700H or Yamaha V6A for around the 60K mark and I am hoping their products will get Indian warranty. Both are out of stock but they got a PRE ORDER banner on these two. What do you suggest? My friends tickets are booked and I will definitely lay my hands on the receiver by mid May. Can call Audiomaxx next week based on your responses. My existing experience with a US bought receiver has been very good and its still going strong after 10 years..just that it doesn't have atmos.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
Hi, Best option today is to bring it in, especially since you have a good friend who is willing.
The site you mention is legit. Sanjay is very helpful. Will PM you his number. Get in touch if the other route fails.
On which, i think your friend needs to bring an open box, with a bill in their name and say it is for their personal use.
All the best.
Regards

positionquery-1-jpg.57799

Here is an image from initial setup. Arrangement has changed a bit recently with workarounds, center channel has gone behind TV unit, placed just above the TV screen. Receiver has been moved to location where subwoofer was kept and subwoofer has been moved in front of the TV cabinet.

I have ordered another TV unit cabinet with provisions to place the receiver and center speaker, will rearrange the subwoofer(move it closer to wall) after that product is received.
Hi OP,
If you are around, trust you have been enjoying your set up.
How does it look now?
And what are your impressions so far?

Hi, Best option today is to bring it in, especially since you have a good friend who is willing.
The site you mention is legit. Sanjay is very helpful. Will PM you his number. Get in touch if the other route fails.
On which, i think your friend needs to bring an open box, with a bill in their name and say it is for their personal use.
All the best.
Regards
Many thanks!! Even a sealed box for 500 USD normally doesn't attract too much attention since the customs duty free limit is 50K now. Of course a troublesome or bribe seeking customs guy can evaluate it not on its paid price but on Indian MRP and make some noise. 90% of my gadget setup in my house including Pioneer Andrew Jones Tall speakers, Side speakers, Polk PSW 10 sub Woofer, Pioneer 1020K receiver.....etc have been bought from US. Even my 800 dollar DJI Mavic Pro drone didn't face any hassles. Of course its all a matter of luck.

Will call Audiomaxx to check if the pre-order is still valid, includes warranty and also lead time to deliver. Paying 20K extra for same thing with warranty might be worth it since I do have to spend 3-4K on step down transformer.

If I buy it from Audiomaxx, can ask my friend to get something else expensive like a projector.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back