Advice required for dedicated home theater- Budget 7-8 Lac

With your budget. Please invest in a better sub like everyone suggested. Another point is hts12 is available for 37-40k. So the dealer is trying to milk another 20%

Last edited:
This post is just to thank each and everyone of you! I'm overwhelmed by the responses I've received in such a short span of time, and they've got me even more AMPED-up (pun intended) to have my HT set-up asap. Going to research more, as everyone has suggested, then move on to start buying, and I will keep posting updates here. Needless to mention, can't wait to share the final result with all of you :D

If you have time and if you are patient and if you are ready to spend more over a course of some time, do not decide the budget this early. Upgrade one equipment at a time to the best of the money you can spend on that one product. It will take time to finish the setup, and you have a dedicated room so do not rush in completing.

Last edited:
Forgive me for my ignorance, but I haven't EVER heard of that brand. But after seeing that video you linked me to, I don't think I can actually afford to consider it either. :oops:

No worries. We learn something new every day! That’s the beauty of hobbies – especially in audiophilia. Plus, I misread the initial post regarding the budget.
While I’m no longer interested in HT, I’ve had my fair share of the usual suspects from Wharfedale, Dali, ProAc and Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha etc.
Of everything I’ve come across, the M&K system was the best I ever heard in a home theatre setup. Probably the closest to a visceral experience of a theatre.
With regard to affordability, the used route can get you some really good deals. Alternatively, you can build your system piece by piece. I prefer the latter one.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back