Advice required for dedicated home theater- Budget 7-8 Lac

Nik_Ind

Hello All! Newbie to the forum, and also the HT scene

In search of the right equipment (5.2/5.2.2 setup) for my first dedicated HT. I'm shifting to a new house, so, I have space for a dedicated HT room (19'Lx11'Wx10'H) and my budget is roughly 8 lac, which includes everything (seats, AV gear, flooring, acoustics, etc.). I'd really appreciate if someone here can guide me in the right direction, and suggest which brands to stick with in terms of speakers (Klipsch, Wharfedale, DLS, Martin Logan etc.), AVR, and projectors. Speaking with different vendors, it just keeps getting more and more confusing, and most of them keep asking me to extend my budget. As of now, the only devices I've shortlisted are as follows:

1. A Denon 3600H AVR (1.5 Lac)
2. An Epson TW7100 4K UHD Pro (1.3 Lac)
3. One/Two Polk HTS12 sub-woofer/s (Approx. 1 Lac for two)
4. Martin Logan/DLS/Paradigm on-wall slim line speakers. (2-3 Lac)

The reason I chose the slim-line is, that I wish to have an unobtrusive design, and since I'll be using the HT only for movies/ casual TV, I don't really need huge towers to flank my screen. I am also okay with using wall-mounted bookshelves/surrounds which are available from the above mentioned brands, or even Wharfedale/SVS.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

In search of the right equipment (5.2/5.2.2 setup) for my first dedicated HT. I'm shifting to a new house, so, I have space for a dedicated HT room (19'Lx11'Wx10'H) and my budget is roughly 8 lac, which includes everything (seats, AV gear, flooring, acoustics, etc.). I'd really appreciate if someone here can guide me in the right direction, and suggest which brands to stick with in terms of speakers (Klipsch, Wharfedale, DLS, Martin Logan etc.), AVR, and projectors. Speaking with different vendors, it just keeps getting more and more confusing, and most of them keep asking me to extend my budget. As of now, the only devices I've shortlisted are as follows:

The reason I chose the slim-line is, that I wish to have an unobtrusive design, and since I'll be using the HT only for movies/ casual TV, I don't really need huge towers to flank my screen. I am also okay with using wall-mounted bookshelves/surrounds which are available from the above mentioned brands, or even Wharfedale/SVS.

The Denon 3600 is sold for 85-86k by authorised sellers with warranty and the 4500 at 1.1L. Please spend some time researching and you will get to know at what price the avr’s are sold. 1.5L is extremely high for 3600. Subwoofer I would advise you to extend your budget and get a good quality sub like the xtz 12.17. Duals will cost around 1.6 with discounts but well worth it. Also you can go for a single 15 inch sub from klipsch or the rythmik. Klipsch should cost you around 90k but the rythmik is very expensive but well reviewed by many.

I think before you start shortlisting product and spend such a huge amount, please get a little understanding of each component in a HT and which component are most importan and where you can make some comprimises.

After reading that prices of 3600h, i can say that you should not deal with all the dealer you have visited so far. Get in contact with some reliable and knowledgable dealer, before buying anything.

Speaking with different vendors, it just keeps getting more and more confusing,

It does get confusing..

and most of them keep asking me to extend my budget. As

This is the easiest suggestion anyone can provide.. If you can't complete a HT within 6.5 Lacs, am wondering how much more is reqd to complete the setup..

In search of the right equipment (5.2/5.2.2 setup) for my first dedicated HT. I'm shifting to a new house, so, I have space for a dedicated HT room (19'Lx11'Wx10'H) and my budget is roughly 8 lac, which includes everything (seats, AV gear, flooring, acoustics, etc.).

First you need to decide, how expansive your HT should be.. For your room size, you can go upto 7.2.4 or 9.2.4 AVR in your budget comfortably.. If you want to settle for lesser, just fine.. But my perosnal.opinion is you can do.more..

If.you wish to do expansive, you will need a 13.2 ( Denon x 6700) or 11.2 (Denon x 3600/3700). capable AVR.. 3700 is a better one, and has options in it, to work as a budget processor.. You can add power amps later..

Since you are planning for a projector, are you looking at Acoustic Transperant screen?.. If so, this will allow you to place the L-C-R behind the screen..

Regarding acoustics, Rockwool is the cheapest material you can source locally.. This will not cost more..

Now speakers.. Choose a single bookshelf speaker from any brand that you like, and look for threaded inserts option.. this will allow you to mount the speakers where you wish and tilt them towards your.listening position with external brackets..

Remember, HT is all about mix matching components according to your room..

The Denon 3600 is sold for 85-86k by authorised sellers with warranty and the 4500 at 1.1L. Please spend some time researching and you will get to know at what price the avr’s are sold. 1.5L is extremely high for 3600. Subwoofer I would advise you to extend your budget and get a good quality sub like the xtz 12.17. Duals will cost around 1.6 with discounts but well worth it. Also you can go for a single 15 inch sub from klipsch or the rythmik. Klipsch should cost you around 90k but the rythmik is very expensive but well reviewed by many.

Thank you! Like I said, I don't know what the actual prices are, and knowing that I can afford more (the local dealer knows my background), he's just trying to push me to extend it further. I will try finding better dealers outside my city.

I think before you start shortlisting product and spend such a huge amount, please get a little understanding of each component in a HT and which component are most importan and where you can make some comprimises.

After reading that prices of 3600h, i can say that you should not deal with all the dealer you have visited so far. Get in contact with some reliable and knowledgable dealer, before buying anything.

Thank you! Is it possible for you to link me to someone around Chandigarh/Punjab who can help me out with this? I'm merely looking for dealers in Google, and honestly, having no experience with HT dealers, I'm virtually groping in the dark.

go in to the process keeping budget at 5 lakhs by the time you finish you will touch 8 lakhs and be happy you upgraded, if you start with 8 lakhs you will touch 10-12
my two cents

It does get confusing..

This is the easiest suggestion anyone can provide.. If you can't complete a HT within 6.5 Lacs, am wondering how much more is reqd to complete the setup..

First you need to decide, how expansive your HT should be.. For your room size, you can go upto 7.2.4 or 9.2.4 AVR in your budget comfortably.. If you want to settle for lesser, just fine.. But my perosnal.opinion is you can do.more..

If.you wish to do expansive, you will need a 13.2 ( Denon x 6700) or 11.2 (Denon x 3600/3700). capable AVR.. 3700 is a better one, and has options in it, to work as a budget processor.. You can add power amps later..

Since you are planning for a projector, are you looking at Acoustic Transperant screen?.. If so, this will allow you to place the L-C-R behind the screen..

Regarding acoustics, Rockwool is the cheapest material you can source locally.. This will not cost more..

Now speakers.. Choose a single bookshelf speaker from any brand that you like, and look for threaded inserts option.. this will allow you to mount the speakers where you wish and tilt them towards your.listening position with external brackets..

Remember, HT is all about mix matching components according to your room..

Thank you for your detailed response! Reading it, I felt that I'm thinking in the right direction at least. The reason I picked the 3600(I didn't know that the 3700 is available in India) was because I knew it was capable to allow for future expansion. I decided on a 5.2.2 because I'm just testing waters, and wish to start with the basics before I upgrade.

I am definitely looking at projector screens (Elite) since I'm considering placing the LCR behind the screen, which is why I'm really keen on getting the slim-lines from DLS/Paradigm.

I'm really glad you mentioned bookshelves because up until now, I was under the impression that if I needed adequate dynamic range, I would have to get towers.

Will it be possible for you to recommend some brands available in India that I can consider for speakers? I've read really goo reviews about DLS and Paradigm. Or maybe you could link me to some articles that I can read to help fix up what needs to be done?

Regardless, all of you have really helped clear out a few doubts that I've had so far.

I'm extremely grateful!

go in to the process keeping budget at 5 lakhs by the time you finish you will touch 8 lakhs and be happy you upgraded, if you start with 8 lakhs you will touch 10-12
my two cents

Noted, Sir! Will keep that in mind for sure. I think that's one mistake I made; sharing my actual budget with the dealer. Lesson learnt!

I feel for HT, you may need to adjust some amount of your budget from the speakers for a good subwoofer which will be an important factor contributing towards a cohesive tactile HT experience. If you have the space then a single Rythmik FV15hp will suffice but pls note it is very big & heavy.
You can try a single XTZ 12 edge or a single SVS PB/PC 2000 pro will surely pressurise the room & they are not small either. Probably an earlier model sub may also fit in your decided budget if you are open to it.

Thank you for your detailed response! Reading it, I felt that I'm thinking in the right direction at least. The reason I picked the 3600(I didn't know that the 3700 is available in India) was because I knew it was capable to allow for future expansion. I decided on a 5.2.2 because I'm just testing waters, and wish to start with the basics before I upgrade.

I am definitely looking at projector screens (Elite) since I'm considering placing the LCR behind the screen, which is why I'm really keen on getting the slim-lines from DLS/Paradigm.

I'm really glad you mentioned bookshelves because up until now, I was under the impression that if I needed adequate dynamic range, I would have to get towers.

Will it be possible for you to recommend some brands available in India that I can consider for speakers? I've read really goo reviews about DLS and Paradigm. Or maybe you could link me to some articles that I can read to help fix up what needs to be done?

Regardless, all of you have really helped clear out a few doubts that I've had so far.

I'm extremely grateful!
These speakers aren't of high sensitivity..
Behind screen you you lose around 3db output..
And with the AVR to power the speakers the maximum volume at your listening position will be less.

For seamless unobtrusive look you can also consider in - wall speakers..
And if you wish to place the speakers behind the screen then the criteria for desired SPL at the listening position should be satisfied..as available power is around 100 watts per channel.
Subwoofer can also be placed behind the screen.

An average speaker with 90db sensitivity will find it difficult to hit the peak of 100db cleanly at listening position.( Dynamic range is necessary for a home theatre)
And 105db is the reference level.

With proper planning such problems can be negated.

Thank you! Is it possible for you to link me to someone around Chandigarh/Punjab who can help me out with this? I'm merely looking for dealers in Google, and honestly, having no experience with HT dealers, I'm virtually groping in the dark.
Check PM, I have shared the dealer's details in Delhi. They both are good and can guide you from start to completion.

Take your time. Meanwhile use Google and try to read as much as you can.

Keep on asking question here and soon you would know what you want. It is good that you have short listed few components and now you have a good start.

You might be able to find few dealers in Chandigarh and but for extensive listening tou have to go to Delhi. You can also buy online which I do all the time.

If the construction is still undergoing then you can do something like this and use the bookshelf speakers in front. It is better to go with bookshelf speakers than in-wall speakers for two reasons:

1. You will find lot more options in bookshelves.
2. They sound a lot better than in wall speakers.

With the budget you are having you don't want to compromise with the sound.

1597079969602.png

If the construction is still undergoing then you can do something like this and use the bookshelf speakers in front. It is better to go with bookshelf speakers than in-wall speakers for two reasons:

1. You will find lot more options in bookshelves.
2. They sound a lot better than in wall speakers.

With the budget you are having you don't want to compromise with the sound.

View attachment 48372
With in walls there will be no SBIR issues and other cabinet diffraction issues.
That's why they are a better option.

Check PM, I have shared the dealer's details in Delhi. They both are good and can guide you from start to completion.
If its the same dealer you got your stuff from, i vouch for that. Lowest prices i've found anywhere. FYI, i demoed the entire range of XTZ subs and he's giving them away at killer prices.

If its the same dealer you got your stuff from, i vouch for that. Lowest prices i've found anywhere. FYI, i demoed the entire range of XTZ subs and he's giving them away at killer prices.
I have shared details for AV Zone, CR Park, and Pace-n-rhythm. Although Sanjeev from AV Zone is good, They give you all demo as you want and give you complete satisfaction before making a purchase, but I was not happy with their post-sale service. Once payment is made, they just stop picking up calls and I have to chase them for full 2 days to get the installation guy. On other hand, Prashant from Pace-n-Rythm had the same service and attitude from start to end. Both offer the same price with a diff of hardly 1k, so, I will personally prefer Pace-n-rhythm over AV zone

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back