Advice required on enhancing music experience

Hi All
Joining & going thru the contents of this forum has been an exhilarating experience for me.With so many musically inclinded brains around getting advice has been a cake walk.I thank all of you who have chipped in to my earlier query.Taking this thread further I would like u to suggest me whether I shud go in for floor standing speakers or with book shelves as I would like my speakers to be future proof for at least 5-6 years.Last few days I have been quietly reading thru various threads in this forum and have been feeling slightly confused abt floor standers or book shelves.I have been enriched with lot of speaker names as Wharfedale,PSB,Mission etc.Very recently I got smitten by Mission M34i / Mission M35i floor standers while reading the threads.Any idea about their cost in Mumbai?Should I go in for floor standers ?

Pls advice shall I continue in this thread only or start another thread ?

I have an HTiB with below configuration :

Onkyo HT-SR600

AV Receiver (HT-R340)
100 W/channel into 6 ohms (FTC)
100 W/channel into 6 ohms (DIN)
120 W/channel into 6 ohms (JEITA)
192 kHz/24-bit D/A converters
Adjustable crossover (40/50/60/80/100/120/150/
200 Hz)

SKF-350F L/R 2-Way Front Speakers
3-1/4" (8 cm) cone woofer
3/4" (2 cm) ceramic tweeter
6-ohm impedance
SKC-350C 2-Way Center Speaker
3-1/4" (8 cm) cone woofer
3/4" (2 cm) ceramic tweeter
6-ohm impedance
SKM-350S L/R Surround Speakers
3-1/4" (8 cm) cone full-range speaker
6-ohm impedance

SKW-350 Bass Reflex Subwoofer
8" (20 cm) cone woofer

Been reading this entire thread on your speaker selection.

I have a similar situation; got an Onkyo HTS-3100 (HTIB) (not sure, but I think we have the same receiver HT-R340), and would like to upgrade to floorstanding or Bookshelf speakers. Curious to know what you did, finally. Please can you let me know what speakers (and prices, if you remember) and where you bought that from? I shuttle between Chennai and Kalyan and if you could tell me the store in Thane from where you bought, it will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Naren

I would go for Bookshelf Stand mounted, Problem with budget floor standers are that too much money has been spent on Cabinets etc, and most budget floor standers have a Boomy Quality, Difficult for a 2 way Bookshelfer to have that, a well designed albeit moderately priced Bookshelf speaker would be my choice.

Cheers
Ravi

Well, the problem is, this unit produces 100 W RMS/ch at 1kHz @6ohms (not 20Hz-20kHz, so the RMS/ch will be much less) and I'm confused as to which brand/tech spec I must look for to match this basic amp. Any suggestions please? My primary set up will be stereo listening.

Regards,
Naren

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back