Air Purifiers

rikhav

Hi All

Anybody has experience with air purifiers? Have used them extensively?

I have absolutely no idea which is one better then another as there are no proper reviews on the internet, no dealer is giving any demo (forget that I hardly can find any dealer for air purifier)

I mainly want to know if do they actually work or not

My residence is on a very busy street so there is lot of dust. Even after keeping windows closed in the room where my setup is, there is a layer of dust everywhere in the room when it is cleaned 12 hours before

So apart from removing odour and making air fresh, mainly it should filter dust

If it actually filters dust, that will also help others at home who have allergy due to dust

Would really appreciate inputs from someone who has used air purifiers or is using it currently

Rgds

I have not used one but you can call up Eureka Forbes. The water purifier people. They have air purifiers also and can also give you a home demo. I don't know how effective these air purifiers are though.

I have not used one but you can call up Eureka Forbes. The water purifier people. They have air purifiers also and can also give you a home demo. I don't know how effective these air purifiers are though.

Have bad experiences with eureka forbes as a company while buying their other priducts so i would prefer to stay away from them

Sharp, daikin also make air purifiers. But no dealer big or small sell it. Called sharp helpline and they said their sales team will give me a call

Also there is one delhi based called atlanta purifiers

But no demo, so i want to buy after i know if it actually works or not

If u require a home demo Eureka Forbes would be the best ones. In my view take a demo from them, you'll get to know if the air purifier really works. Don't buy from them, if u had a bad experience earlier. No one will force you to buy it. At least functionality wise you'll know if air purifiers really work or not. Then you can contact other brands if you wish to buy one.

I have been using air purifiers for many purposes professionally. I'll pm you my number and you can directly discuss with me.

I have been using air purifiers for many purposes professionally. I'll pm you my number and you can directly discuss with me.

Thank you shivam ji

You are a doc yourself, so your advice is really vauable

I find atlantic health care purifiers very good on paper. Its a delhi based company, so if you have any feedback on them, it will be realy great

Thanks a ton Shivamji

He made me explain in detail different types of air filters and what they are used for

Thank you again for taking out time and listening and explaining me with patience

Dust filters - mechanical / ionic
charcoal or carbon filter - for smells
HEPA filter - microbes
Pre-filter - to reduce load on HEPA filter and improve its life.
UV - to reduce microbial growth in the unit itself. (It doesn't purify air as stated usually)

Charcoal filters and HEPA filters are usually not reusable. UV lamps also have a small life and they become useless after about 4-6 months of use though they continue to give violet light.

Thanks. Someone addressed you as a 'doc'. I read somewhere that medical professionals abroad were recommending PCO units (photo-catalytic oxidation) which comes as a package with suspended dust arrestors. Are these available in India?

Thanks. Someone addressed you as a 'doc'. I read somewhere that medical professionals abroad were recommending PCO units (photo-catalytic oxidation) which comes as a package with suspended dust arrestors. Are these available in India?

Yes, these too (TiO2) are available in India and are being manufactured in India itself. Various Indian and International hospital standards organizations still don't recommend them but they do work. For home they are an overkill in my opinion. They are always used in addition to HEPA filtration.

Yes, these too (TiO2) are available in India and are being manufactured in India itself. Various Indian and International hospital standards organizations still don't recommend them but they do work. For home they are an overkill in my opinion. They are always used in addition to HEPA filtration.

This purifier has the photo catalyst

Gama 331 - Atlanta Healthcare

Its costing 17500/- INR, not sure if its worth as similar purifier minus photo catalyst cost 10 to 12k

You just need a purifier with a pure dust collector mode. Coming to think of it, even a split AC or a window AC running on blower-only would be in a position to 'partially' take care. Why partially, since, the air filter provided there can arrest upto 15-20 microns of dust size.

What you actually require is something in the EU7/EU8 grade ie. 90% arrestance to 1 micron. Whatever equipment you procure should be able to take care of minimum 90% to 3 microns, at least, to give you the clean feeling. Desired performance of any machine would come with a rider though. You would need to physically 'clean' the filter element every 15 days without fail.

You just need a purifier with a pure dust collector mode. Coming to think of it, even a split AC or a window AC running on blower-only would be in a position to 'partially' take care. Why partially, since, the air filter provided there can arrest upto 15-20 microns of dust size.

What you actually require is something in the EU7/EU8 grade ie. 90% arrestance to 1 micron. Whatever equipment you procure should be able to take care of minimum 90% to 3 microns, at least, to give you the clean feeling. Desired performance of any machine would come with a rider though. You would need to physically 'clean' the filter element every 15 days without fail.

Shivamji just told me that a purifier with ionic dust filter will work better and will be sort of relatively maintainence free then normal mechanical filters

I understand that a ac on blower mode should do the same for dust collection but I guess a air purifier would kill germs and bacteria

Even if it does fifty percent of what it promises, I would be happy

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back