Very Disappointing Experience with Reputed Bangalore Dealer.

@sachin.shiva … there is no problem if you highlight the dealer names who are not legit. That ways you will be contributing to the betterment of the people in their Audio/Video journey.
The guessing work Will actually impact the legit dealers who are selling good stuff out there.
Planting a seed of doubt without any fault of theirs is not right IMO.

I fail to understand why hesitation to name if you have been bold enough to share!
Hesitation is because of such unpleasant experience and more ever they are not sensitive enough towards issues and I don't want any trouble to any staff member of dealer to be axed due to this thread. I realized it is unofficial approved corporate practice for big brands, even automobile car companies are playing such tricks .

Recently ordered good floor standers from very reputed audio dealer in Bangalore. Paid money(Around 3 Lakhs) via CC and requested for good ,sealed ,clean box piece with color choice. Bill was sent after repeated reminders ,after lot of follow up, Box arrived, Awaited 1 day for installation.
The moment outer pack was opened, box was torn at various place ,taped at multiple place, it was looking like used piece. Taken photos and sent to dealer ,he told Bombay office mistake, man who sold during show room discussion said he alone is not responsible for sale, contact his junior and refused to answer immediately on the pretext of seniority.
Contacted Bombay office, they said deal with Bangalore office.
Very reputed French brand is behaving like this ,After paying huge money still as a customer we cant expect neat clean box, proper Sl no and colour match ,signature on invoice. Looks like monopoly still exists for reputed brands in India.
Finally dealer refunded my money after deducting CC charges around Rs 6500.
So be careful in dealing with this showroom.
Thanks Sachin for Posting about Such a Malpractice from Reputed dealers with a Malicious intent, Unfortunately This happens more often than rare in Indian hifi scene. We as buyers are equally culprit as we don't report or discuss about such treatment and passover a Lemon to next buyer if we've been deceived (Which further enforces the endeavors of the Oppressor) .

For OPs asking him to Reveal the name of dealer, that's totally unnecessary as he has given enough hints and he can be contacted via PM in case someone is actively considering a high value deal. Not Naming Someone is mostly done to save oneself from Legal hassles and not knowing the complete story on other side(benefit of doubt) , Which is completely acceptable IMHO (After all, nobody has a time and money to pursue such things legally).

@sachin.shiva thanks again, you've set a good template on how to report such things on a public forum like this & I'd Encourage the others to share their bad experiences too , with subtle hints and Detailed description of malpractice.

Showroom is near very crowded place of Bangalore, which is famous for youngsters and shoppers.🙂

Very true sir,in fact when I was asking explanation, they didn't bother at all.look like it is regular practice for handling such situations.Very seasoned unethical professionals.
Meridian speakers @mg road???

Why to unnecessarily bring all the AV dealers in bangalore to this list? There are many reliable and trustworthy dealers.

Completely pointless thread without naming the dealer. I reckon he’s talking about the focal + naim showroom on residency road.
I agree. if the incident as narrated has happened, there is nothing preventing the person from naming the dealer.

This entire focus, focus story could very possibly be the work of a competing dealer to spoil the reputation of a good dealer by innuendo. (its much more difficult to prove slander / libel by Innuendo) Personally I would not give credence to any story without the naming of the involved.

this is not say that all dealers, or this dealer mentioned by innuendo are ethical, but unless you do not have all facts on your side, i cannot see a downside to naming. provided its a simple narration of facts.

Hesitation is because of such unpleasant experience and more ever they are not sensitive enough towards issues and I don't want any trouble to any staff member of dealer to be axed due to this thread. I realized it is unofficial approved corporate practice for big brands, even automobile car companies are playing such tricks .

This simply does not compute. Without going into what are dealer tricks and practices in auto and audio industry, you will see plenty of naming of dealers and companies on india's largest auto forum.

I am personally dealing with a DOA TV. I am giving them (vendor and oem) adequate time to resolve my issues (and till now there is no indication that they will not). but if they dont and i do decide to share, you will see name, model no, and vendor name being very clearly stated.)

Edit: I saw an excellent post on the revolver club just now. Irrespective of whether that OP's issues is resolved by now, it gave tremendous insight into the customer orientation (or not) of the vendor. helped me decide about the vendor unequivocally. thats the way it should be done.

Last edited:
So be careful in dealing with this showroom.
If your very purpose of posting this thread is the above last line, then it is meaningless without the actual detail of the vendor/seller.
We are not in a cryptic game to re-read and assess within whatever clues you claim to have provided in the write-up.

Why do you care for the staff if they are unwilling to help you?
The whole point of posting here is so that someone else does not land up dealing with the same dealer and ending up in the same situation as you.
You are protecting the interests of the dealer than helping anyone.

Moderators, I'd give this another day and delete this entire thread. The FM isn't being helpful to anyone here.

Friends, having seen such unprofessional business ethics, malpractice, taking the AV buyers for granted by some of the Dealers/Av business guys, why shouldn't there be a proper, single platform/organisation/association for the Indian AV consumers

When such things do exist, it could help us and also the people involved in this business to a greater extent

By this we can
1. Ensure that the buyers/consumers get a genuine product at no risk of losing their money
2. The Dealers too will have to run their business in a proper way inline with the business ethics
3. Can identify and mark the Dealers who are not professional / genuine

Still here could be many other benefits, if properly planned and implemented

My thought could be weird or impractical but hope would help in a larger extent

Very interesting @sachin.shiva - Let the games begin - So it is one of these -
1) HTStore in J.P.Nagar
2) Jamsticks near Banashankari Bus Stand
3) Modern World in Domlur (has 2 demo rooms with different systems)
The Listening Room, Smilee Greens
Acoustic Portrait, JP Nagar
Absolute Phase, Cubbon Road
ARN, Frazer Town
Audio Planet, Koramangala
Profx
Music Ranch, Jayanagar
Audiovision, Indira Nagar 80 ft road
Babbler group:
Decibels/Cinebels
DNI Home Theatre
The Home Cinema

So just for fun - you recently suggested DNI to someone - I would shortlist them - maybe that is what you are referring to?

Now coming to the point - what is the point of hiding the name - after you have given "hints"? If you just tell the name here - people will know who to avoid. Actually I have items in cart from about 3 of these dealers. So you could only save me or someone else - who is perhaps sitting in their listening room right now.

So why the game? What is the fun in here? I am missing the point!
Chander, thanks for listing the AV Dealers in Bangalore

Anyone who needs such info can refer to your post ;):)

Why do you care for the staff if they are unwilling to help you?
The whole point of posting here is so that someone else does not land up dealing with the same dealer and ending up in the same situation as you.
You are protecting the interests of the dealer than helping anyone.

Moderators, I'd give this another day and delete this entire thread. The FM isn't being helpful to anyone here.
1692615168721.png
Found ,this is one posted on some other thread. Purpose of my original thread is to narrate my experience and alert others while purchasing your dream gear with a lot of care. Also ,I am not dealer nor affiliation to any Brand .Regarding narration of experience is itself help to forum if taken in right spirit .Also ,most of you might have understood which dealer I have pointed and humbly I request all to take it as precautionary consideration while purchasing your Gear . No intention of harming any one .Moderator ,if thread is creating more harm to forum members or dealers then you can delete it .

Last edited:
Moderator ,if thread is creating more harm to forum members or dealers then you can delete it .
Its a useless, pointless thread.
You paid a few lacs on your new equipment, got cheated and you now want more people to fall into the same boat as you, by not telling us who the dealer is. How are you being helpful to anyone, at all!
You are scared of the Dealer who ripped you off and obtuse.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back