Very Disappointing Experience with Reputed Bangalore Dealer.

sachin.shiva

Recently ordered good floor standers from very reputed audio dealer in Bangalore. Paid money(Around 3 Lakhs) via CC and requested for good ,sealed ,clean box piece with color choice. Bill was sent after repeated reminders ,after lot of follow up, Box arrived, Awaited 1 day for installation.
The moment outer pack was opened, box was torn at various place ,taped at multiple place, it was looking like used piece. Taken photos and sent to dealer ,he told Bombay office mistake, man who sold during show room discussion said he alone is not responsible for sale, contact his junior and refused to answer immediately on the pretext of seniority.
Contacted Bombay office, they said deal with Bangalore office.
Very reputed French brand is behaving like this ,After paying huge money still as a customer we cant expect neat clean box, proper Sl no and colour match ,signature on invoice. Looks like monopoly still exists for reputed brands in India.
Finally dealer refunded my money after deducting CC charges around Rs 6500.
So be careful in dealing with this showroom.

What is the name of the showroom? Without that it is difficult to identify the dealer to be cautious in dealing with them.
Cheers,
Sid

What is the name of the showroom? Without that it is difficult to identify the dealer to be cautious in dealing with them.
Cheers,
Sid
I have given hint in description sir.

Cheers,
Sid
I have given hint in description sir

Ok, I know of 3 french brands - Focal, Cabasse and Triangle which were/are available in India. So perhaps one of this then, still a guessing game. Anyways this type of behavior is quite common from dealers/distributors, in fact good/honest service is an exception in India, not the rule. Also I don't think there are any rules for open box vs sealed in India. In some countries very strict consumer protection rule, that if a box is opened, it can no longer be considered new. Here it is very flexible, and buyer has to be careful.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Ok, I know of 3 french brands - Focal, Cabasse and Triangle which were/are available in India. So perhaps one of this then, still a guessing game. Anyways this type of behavior is quite common from dealers/distributors, in fact good/honest service is an exception in India, not the rule.
Cheers,
Sid
Showroom is near very crowded place of Bangalore, which is famous for youngsters and shoppers.🙂

Ok, I know of 3 french brands - Focal, Cabasse and Triangle which were/are available in India. So perhaps one of this then, still a guessing game. Anyways this type of behavior is quite common from dealers/distributors, in fact good/honest service is an exception in India, not the rule. Also I don't think there are any rules for open box vs sealed in India. In some countries very strict consumer protection rule, that if a box is opened, it can no longer be considered new. Here it is very flexible, and buyer has to be careful.
Cheers,
Sid
Very true sir,in fact when I was asking explanation, they didn't bother at all.look like it is regular practice for handling such situations.Very seasoned unethical professionals.

Sachin hope this would help us to be careful with that dealer 🤫

Recently ordered good floor standers from very reputed audio dealer in Bangalore. Paid money(Around 3 Lakhs) via CC and requested for good ,sealed ,clean box piece with color choice. Bill was sent after repeated reminders ,after lot of follow up, Box arrived, Awaited 1 day for installation.
The moment outer pack was opened, box was torn at various place ,taped at multiple place, it was looking like used piece. Taken photos and sent to dealer ,he told Bombay office mistake, man who sold during show room discussion said he alone is not responsible for sale, contact his junior and refused to answer immediately on the pretext of seniority.
Very reputed French brand is behaving like this ,After paying huge money still as a customer we cant expect neat clean box, proper Sl no and colour match ,signature on invoice. Looks like monopoly still exists for reputed brands in India.

There's no harm in mentioning the dealer name as what they've done is totally unprofessional, also other FM's would be cautious while dealing with them if we know the dealer... Also why did they deduct CC charges when the fault is on their side, may be you should have raised an dispute with your CC company and got full refund ?.

There's no harm in mentioning the dealer name as what they've done is totally unprofessional, also other FM's would be cautious while dealing with them if we know the dealer... Also why did they deduct CC charges when the fault is on their side, may be you should have raised an dispute with your CC company and got full refund ?.
Problem is that credit card company, dealers and original refund are subjected to rules and regulations .Without terms and condition document how credit card company will help? Also ,how wise is to fight against such organized malpractices ?Apart from money ,time ,well being and unnecessary distractions in daily routine are of big concern if we take legal route or any escalations for full refund as I have not taken any terms and condition document during entire process.

Problem is that credit card company, dealers and original refund are subjected to rules and regulations .Without terms and condition document how credit card company will help? Also ,how wise is to fight against such organized malpractices ?
You should have filed for a chargeback. I have done that multiple times and have always gotten my money back. Please name and shame this dealer so no one goes there.

Problem is that credit card company, dealers and original refund are subjected to rules and regulations .Without terms and condition document how credit card company will help? Also ,how wise is to fight against such organized malpractices ?Apart from money ,time ,well being and unnecessary distractions in daily routine are of big concern if we take legal route or any escalations for full refund as I have not taken any terms and condition document during entire process.
I've seen people raising dispute even for getting a different color mobile and got full refund... May be you should have asked for inputs from our group before demanding the refund from dealer, still i suggest you to check if there's possibility to get your 6.5K back..

Just my 2 dumb cents....a lot of us here have been through these heart burn situations. And we have swallowed our bitter pills by the palmfull without posting our pain online. If your intention is to warn other buyers, which in itself is a noble gesture. Then it is completely pointless without mentioning the dealer. Your silence will only help dealers and not other forum members :)

I've seen people raising dispute even for getting a different color mobile and got full refund... May be you should have asked for inputs from our group before demanding the refund from dealer, still i suggest you to check if there's possibility to get your 6.5K back..
True I should have taken
Just my 2 dumb cents....a lot of us here have been through these heart burn situations. And we have swallowed our bitter pills by the palmfull without posting our pain online. If your intention is to warn other buyers, which in itself is a noble gesture. Then it is completely pointless without mentioning the dealer. Your silence will only help dealers and not other forum members :)
Sir we have to focus on message,focus, focus.

Focus on description in thread, focus focus.

Very interesting @sachin.shiva - Let the games begin - So it is one of these -
1) HTStore in J.P.Nagar
2) Jamsticks near Banashankari Bus Stand
3) Modern World in Domlur (has 2 demo rooms with different systems)
The Listening Room, Smilee Greens
Acoustic Portrait, JP Nagar
Absolute Phase, Cubbon Road
ARN, Frazer Town
Audio Planet, Koramangala
Profx
Music Ranch, Jayanagar
Audiovision, Indira Nagar 80 ft road
Babbler group:
Decibels/Cinebels
DNI Home Theatre
The Home Cinema

So just for fun - you recently suggested DNI to someone - I would shortlist them - maybe that is what you are referring to?

Now coming to the point - what is the point of hiding the name - after you have given "hints"? If you just tell the name here - people will know who to avoid. Actually I have items in cart from about 3 of these dealers. So you could only save me or someone else - who is perhaps sitting in their listening room right now.

So why the game? What is the fun in here? I am missing the point!

Focus on description in thread, focus focus.
Okay, the hint is clear. I really had to ”focus”. The dilemma of the OP is understandable, but if you don‘t reveal you are possibly opening a speculation on all the dealers in Bangalore.

The Focal / Naim store would be my guess. Credit card + French speakers +Mumbai connection

Sachin hope this would help us to be careful with that dealer 🤫
He is referring to Focal, Bangalore. The main outlet.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back