Airtel STB New Software

even after selecting one favorite list , and we select favorite shows only one channel pressing next will not go to next favorite channel,for that every time u have to select gener--> favorite from pop-up, any solution?

this means a HD recorder set top box is required to get recording feature to work, it wont work with normal HD box, they just made the firmware same for both HD and recorder hence we see that message all the time, which is misleading though

I have a HD box (not recorder) and when I connected an external hard disc and selected "record" option, it wanted to format it. I cancelled the operation. Should try with a fresh hdd.

You can try on flash drive first.

After using Pendrive im getting POPUP " We don't recommend the usage of the connected USB drive because it is not verified by us......
USB drive can damage ....." after choosing option yes it asks to format the drive.

Hows the audio quality on HD channel,i get very poor quality even though the receiver shows DTS, Dolby etc.

do u have airtel HD box ? if so then it will never display DTS only Dolby for HD channel, and yeah the sound quality of 5.1 dolby channels are great but again u cant compare it with a bluray or DTS or Dolby movies but still movie experience is lot better and impressive

check ur AVR settings, to boost sound quality

onkyo 609 is a a very good AVR, do you face this audio problem only with airtel DTH HD channels or with regilar movies also ?

when u change the channel to HD does ur AVR light up Dolby sign ?

onkyo 609 is a a very good AVR, do you face this audio problem only with airtel DTH HD channels or with regilar movies also ?

when u change the channel to HD does ur AVR light up Dolby sign ?

only on airtel HD channels,It does show Dolby when i move to HD channels.

only on airtel HD channels,It does show Dolby when i move to HD channels.

u have to connect the airtel HD box to AVR with optical cable and set in AVR to get audio from optical rather than HDMI then u will get dolby on HD channels

then check the channel levels on ur AVR all should be 0db and not negative value, try boosting the center channel a bit to get better dialogue

There is a problem selecting favorite lists.earlier I used to press favorite button on remote,then used to select colored button on remote(say red,green,yellow,blue)to get list 1 OR 2 or other.

Now if I press favorite,I get access to list one only.Unless I go to menu & select,its not possible.Is there easy way to enter favorite list?

Seriously! What the Freaking Hell!
This New UI is the worst thing Airtel can do.
Cant even Change Channels quickly in Fav tab like it used to be on earlier.
Have to go inside Menu then do it and can access only 1 Fav channel at a time. Can someone tell me why is this happening?
I am so Enraged.:mad:
Mine is a normal connection but today it automatically changed to the HD UI!

Someone Pls tell me what to do?:mad:
I want the old UI back. :sad:

Greetings I have the Huawei DS360 receiver how can I enter the menu to configure the satellites
Will this Huawei DS360 decoder have a hidden menu to configure?
<Edited by combining posts>

Last edited by a moderator:
2 Days back noticed that GD STB software got updated. Now Airtel remote not turning on or off. Also volume of TV is not changed with STB remote. It changes set top box volume instead.

2 Days back noticed that GD STB software got updated. Now Airtel remote not turning on or off. Also volume of TV is not changed with STB remote. It changes set top box volume instead.
TV codes need to update l guess. TV on/off not possible with stb remote.Even TV volume cannot be adjusted with stb remote.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back