Akai CS - M02

remove the cassette door, and take few closeup pics

in my Deck its glass head, a friend saw it and confirmed

Tanoj

Will u mind posting some pictures of your deck Head?
That will help me to understand and check things at my end.

for Akai decks (both reel-to-reel and cassette), if you have the prefix "GX" on the serial number, it signifies that the deck comes with a Glass Head, if you have the suffix "D" on the serial number, it signifies that you have a deck without an inbuilt amplifier for driving speakers (decks with in-built power amps are also called ampli-decks) and you will have to connect it to an external amp with speakers.

Last edited:
This has glass head , with six pin

so not easy to source and to replace, so most probably it should be original only

Regards

Tanoj

This has Sendust Head and not Glass Head as confirmed in another forum. Models with GX series have glass heads.

for Akai decks (both reel-to-reel and cassette), if you have the prefix "GX" on the serial number, it signifies that the deck comes with a Glass Head, if you have the suffix "D" on the serial number, it signifies that you have a deck without an inbuilt amplifier for driving speakers (also called ampli-deck) and you will have to connect it to an external amp with speakers.

Thanks a lot for enlighting.

My Deck Model is AKAI GX-F25

Thats why it has Glass Head :yahoo:

will upload pics after 17th its at my home town , Hyderabad

Attached please find a snap of my Akai HEAD F02N which is there in my CS - M02 Deck.

Please confirm if this is the Original Head or not.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 49
the record head also seems to be different. This is from a different batch I guess. Since they are the same as teh record head, I think they are the same. The record head is usually not replaced as it doesnt get worn, and there is nothing inside it to fail

the record head also seems to be different. This is from a different batch I guess. Since they are the same as teh record head, I think they are the same. The record head is usually not replaced as it doesnt get worn, and there is nothing inside it to fail

Thanks.

What about the pinchroller? Does it look original or replaced (mine one)?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back