Akai CS - M02

jay

Finally bought AKAI CS - M02 Deck.

Whats your feedback about this deck? Please be as explicit as possible.

Attachments

• Akai_CS_M02_001.jpg
    Akai_CS_M02_001.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 162
It really looks slick and cool, congratulations on your purchase. How's the performance in your rig?

Mechanism is the mechanical type, please handle carefully. Hard presses and very slow presses will damage the mechanism. Use gentle but moderately quick presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key. Prefer not to rewind, fastforward or cue often (irrespective of the kind of deck, this is not a great practice). With mechanical mechanisms, while playing if the power is turned off, the head and pinch roller assembly continues to engage and hence, a mild kink will appear on the tape where the capstan engages the pinch roller (this is more from the perspective of protecting your tapes :) )

Just checked vdo on this model and it sounds good. If it was me, I would open it up to look how good it looks inside. Does it have the original Akai head? How much did you pay for it? Looks clean and well taken care of..Congrats:)

Just checked vdo on this model and it sounds good. If it was me, I would open it up to look how good it looks inside. Does it have the original Akai head? How much did you pay for it? Looks clean and well taken care of..Congrats:)

Hi,

How will I understand if it's an original Akai Head or a generic one? I did ask the vendor from whom I bought and he did say that it has the original head but cannot cross check.

I paid 4.5k

It really looks slick and cool, congratulations on your purchase. How's the performance in your rig?

Mechanism is the mechanical type, please handle carefully. Hard presses and very slow presses will damage the mechanism. Use gentle but moderately quick presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key. Prefer not to rewind, fastforward or cue often (irrespective of the kind of deck, this is not a great practice). With mechanical mechanisms, while playing if the power is turned off, the head and pinch roller assembly continues to engage and hence, a mild kink will appear on the tape where the capstan engages the pinch roller (this is more from the perspective of protecting your tapes :) )

Thanks for the insight friend. U have been a great help throughout. I ll definitely keep in mind what u have said.

How do I protect my tape if a sudden power cut happens?

Thanks for the insight friend. U have been a great help throughout. I ll definitely keep in mind what u have said.

How do I protect my tape if a sudden power cut happens?

You are very welcome. Just thought I'd let you know about the tape kink, not that you should go all the way to use your cassette deck with a UPS. That would well and truly be an overkill :D

on another note I suggested to gentle but moderately quick presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key. Please read this statement as "use gentle but brisk presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key"

When typing the note, the word "brisk" skipped my mind.

You are very welcome. Just thought I'd let you know about the tape kink, not that you should go all the way to use your cassette deck with a UPS. That would well and truly be an overkill :D

on another note I suggested to gentle but moderately quick presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key. Please read this statement as "use gentle but brisk presses, especially when engaging the recording key with the play key"

When typing the note, the word "brisk" skipped my mind.

Thanks once again. I will definitely keep this in mind as that's a big concern in piano keys over push button ones which are relatively safer.

For me the Deck will be used mainly for playing and not recording. So am a bit safe on that front :)

jay, you worry too much. Just don't leave the mechanism in play mode with the power turned off.

Even then, rubber pinch rollers are just 10 Rs. But then there is the question of replacing them for you :D

jay, you worry too much. Just don't leave the mechanism in play mode with the power turned off.

Even then, rubber pinch rollers are just 10 Rs. But then there is the question of replacing them for you :D

:) Thanks

Only for playing purpose, could have gone for a cheaper model or better, an assembled one. I use my Technics and Akai for recording purpose more and a assembled(by me) tape deck for playback.

Am not that technically equipped.

actually, as you will experience after using your deck for some time, one can actually use the recording feature to create compilations of your own. pretty convenient and also, nostalgic.

actually, as you will experience after using your deck for some time, one can actually use the recording feature to create compilations of your own. pretty convenient and also, nostalgic.

Yes surely will do. Actually am a big fan of vinyls and listen to and record from that only. But will do.

How will I understand if it's an original Akai Head or a generic one? I did ask the vendor from whom I bought and he did say that it has the original head but cannot cross check.

This has glass head , with six pin

so not easy to source and to replace, so most probably it should be original only

Regards

Tanoj

This has glass head , with six pin

so not easy to source and to replace, so most probably it should be original only

Regards

Tanoj

Do u mean to say CS - M02 has a Glass Head? I doubt

remove the cassette door, and take few closeup pics

in my Deck its glass head, a friend saw it and confirmed

Tanoj

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back