AKAi GXC 710D no output

sachu888

Hi
I got this deck today. The lower corners of faceplate got bend in shipping. I wasn't able to close the cassette door fully, it remained open 10mm from the fully closed position. I adjusted the machenism, not it's closing ok. When I switch it on and played cassette, no output/sound. The vu meters don't move. The play is working, but no sound on either channel. It was working before as seller sent me videos. I have connected perfectly and I also tried headphones but no luck. What could be the issue. There was a recording lamp broken inside. Does this have anything to do?
I am attaching a you tube video for the same

Regards
Sachin

Hello Sachin, I am no expert but see following
1) turn volume to little more than minimum
2) touch Tape head wire channels with fingers
do you get hum or noise ?
if not then problem is powersupply or circuit of tape preamplifier
3) check for loose connection from tape head to the circuit
4) check power supply points on circuit board

can you post inside pictures ?
regards

I think since during travel it was not handled properly something minor (loose contacts wires not connecte etc.) may be the problem... Look carefully inside.
regards

Hiten bhai
1. volume is full
2. I will check that
3..I have checked that, no wires seems to be loosen.
4. I have the schematic, but not clear, the wiring is mess. It will be very difficult to identify which wire goes to where.
I will post some pics in few mins.

Regards
Sachin

so lets say at about 7 or 8 o clock volume position when you touch tape head wires below the head you dont get any hum or noise ? then it means loose contact or circuit problem.. logically since it was working before transportation means some thing came off. Lets see.
I saw images on net looks like a nice cassette player with fine motor.
regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back