All rounder entry level speaker cables on hifimart

Status
Not open for further replies.

square_wave

What is a good entry level all rounder speaker cable among the ones seen in hifimart ? This is for my very basic home theatre setup which is made up of very entry level gear. Yamaha stereo amp and a pair of AE bookshelf speakers. I was thinking of just blindly buying the cheapest but sometimes you land up with shrill / bad sounding cables. Hence the question.

I was thinking about the supra classic or something from sound foundations.

DAC are decent I think. VDH Clearwater are lovely. I have both.

As long as the wire is 99% copper and the gauge is right (AWG) you should not have any challenges....I am not brand conscious.....I picked my 16 AWG wires from Associate Cables in Grant Road (Lamington Road) Mumbai which are made in Thailand.....works like a charm for all kinds of speakers...

@ Rajeshh, Good link. That wire is available only as a 50 foot spool. I have pretty good wiring for my main stereo rig. Just looking for something basic for the secondary ht rig. I am sure some OFC cable will suffice but in the past I have ended up with really bad sounding cables whenever I cheap out. Looking for some observations with basic wires on hifimart. I may be able to get some belden from a contact though. Waiting for him to get back.

I'm using DAC for my home theatre. They are good.
You being in Bangalore, how about checking with Mr. Murthy?

Looks like the belden is working out with a local dealer. 16awg 5100 series. Will pick up today.

I went with the belden cables from a local dealer, 16 awg 5100 series. Quite good. Works for the application well. ~ 200 rs per metre

I went with the belden cables from a local dealer, 16 awg 5100 series. Quite good. Works for the application well. ~ 200 rs per metre
200rs a meter for 16 awg cable, thats not a great deal. Supra 1.6 which is 15 awg cost 200rs a meter on hifimart.

What made you go for this cable? need new cable for my surrounds & was considering the Supra 1.6 speaker cable.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back