All That Jazz ...

Every now and then you find a gem at a bargain price. If a thorough wash gets rid of the crackle, you congratulate yourself more so.

This Gerry Mulligan and Jonhnny Hodges album is easy and relaxed like an evening with no worries. The last and extra pour, 20221110_210645-min.jpgI blame on this record. Cheers fellow aficionados. :)

Great recommendation, Sushant!
AFAIK, there are four Mulligan Meets albums; the missing one below is with Stan Getz.
My favourite is the Monk album which has an absolutely gorgeous rendition of ‘Round Midnight.

View attachment 73107
Would like to see your entire library someday. Yes, the round midnight is fantastic. Seems like 'meets Paul Desmond' is another.

What a well recorded album can do. Midnight sugar by Yamamoto tsuyoshi trio.View attachment 73071
This is a very well recorded album like most of the recordings of the Japanese Three Blind Mice independent music label which is now defunct. Check out other albums of Tsuyoshi Yamamoto (Misty, Blues for Tee, Star Dust), Isao Suzuki, Shigeko Toya, George Kawaguchi. Wonderful recordings and even more wonderful music. You might be able to find a few of these artists on Qobuz and Tidal. Some recent CD/SACD reissues come up for sale occassionally but it always quite expensive.

Would like to see your entire library someday. Yes, the round midnight is fantastic. Seems like 'meets Paul Desmond' is another.
Hey, thanks for that info!
Just checked and there are quite a few albums with the two of them as co-leaders. Mulligan’s meaty baritone and Desmond’s airy alto should make for a great combo.

This is some stellar 70s hard bop that I wish I discovered sooner. Incredible compositions and the interplay between these veterans deserves to be heard. Can't recommend it enough. Been spinning this great reissue by Music On Vinyl since I got it. Need to check out the 3 sequels to this session too.

fKorASbl.jpg

Coltrain has how many CDs in his collection lets all take a guess -the winners gets a single malt? How is it stored in open view display/or closed cupboard - alphabetically for ease of finding a particular CD or it take him too long for him to locate a particular CD. Cheers

Hey, thanks for that info!
Just checked and there are quite a few albums with the two of them as co-leaders. Mulligan’s meaty baritone and Desmond’s airy alto should make for a great combo.
Ah Paul Desmond ! Any fans out here raise your hand
🙌

Great recommendation, Sushant!
AFAIK, there are four Mulligan Meets albums; the missing one below is with Stan Getz.
My favourite is the Monk album which has an absolutely gorgeous rendition of ‘Round Midnight.

View attachment 73107

This is my fav round midnight version but this album is one ballin’ album. 👌

Attachments

• 6BA11561-519D-4EE5-9B64-9634620424F4.jpeg
    6BA11561-519D-4EE5-9B64-9634620424F4.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 4
Coltrain has how many CDs in his collection lets all take a guess -the winners gets a single malt? How is it stored in open view display/or closed cupboard - alphabetically for ease of finding a particular CD or it take him too long for him to locate a particular CD. Cheers
My guess -
~1000 CD’s
Maybe Mainly open view display
Probably genre wise and then alphabecally

LOL!
I had the pleasure of hosting @goget for a listening session a few months ago. Needless to say, he has all the answers to the ‘game’ he’s proposing. So lock your bars, folks! These delhi guys are pretty crafty 😁

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back