All That Jazz ...

I spy some fabulous blue note labels back there Kishore! Hank Mobley, Lee Morgan...do show more :)
Hats off to your keen observation @Jayant_S ! While I do possess a copy of Mclean's It's Time, the image I posted was pulled out from a Blue Note post. Hank Mobley and Lee Morgan form part of my collection too, but I cannot take credit for all the albums in the image :)

Wow! That's quite a selection.

My listening for the day is just this one:
View attachment 49346
If ever I get tempted to dive back into vinyl, it’ll probably be due to Blue Note’s cover art :) Great stuff!
Incidentally, BN is reissuing a lot of their classic albums on the Tone Poet vinyl series. All you vinylheads should grab them while you can. This guys channel has plenty of relevant info:

Great Album by Curtis Counce with Harold Land's beautiful tone on the Sax. The album/content was reissued with this risque cover and album title. As catchy and clever as the title and cover are, I feel the music is so soulful that the album should have been called "You get more soul" and the only bounce really is in the one uptempo song on the album. Regardless, the music made me stop and take notice.

Last edited:
Last edited:
View attachment 49435
Hank Mobley(tenor sax) plays with such easy grace .. great accessible jazz .. the lineup is equally stellar Wynton Kelly (piano) , Paul Chambers (bass) , Art Blakey (drums).. a minimalist set , jazz you can listen to all day long ..
Totally agree, Moktan. One of my favourite Mobley albums, along with ‘Workout’ and ‘No Room for Squares’.
Mobley is truly one of the unsung heroes of jazz. Any one of his albums is guaranteed to improve your mood!

R-8376259-1460460507-2695.jpeg.jpg

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back