• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

All That Jazz ...

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Series

GeorgeB

Hi FM's,
Appreciate it if you can share a list of Jazz tracks by Non-Jazz artists like 1. Anita Baker (sometimes I wonder), 2. Queen Latifah (Close your eyes) and my favorite track by Celine Dion (Nature Boy).
Tc.

coaltrain

Yes, this album is more straight-forward post-bop in comparison to his earlier ones which are more genre-bending and exploratory. Nevertheless, the musicianship on the album makes it a very compelling listen. Given it another try.
Thanks a ton, Shyam! Heard the entire album on decent headphones and (surprise, surprise) was blown away.
Just goes to show that I shouldn’t sample music on my phone speakers: no bass means there’s no foundation to the music.

Fiftyfifty

Hi FM's,
Appreciate it if you can share a list of Jazz tracks by Non-Jazz artists like 1. Anita Baker (sometimes I wonder), 2. Queen Latifah (Close your eyes) and my favorite track by Celine Dion (Nature Boy).
Tc.
Try Gladys Night - Before Me, Chaka Khan - Echoes of an Era, Dianne Reeves - Good Night and Good luck. And you might like the 3 different versions of Time after Time- Miles Davis, Michael Jackson and Vijay Iyer.

Have fun

coaltrain

And you might like the 3 different versions of Time after Time- Miles Davis, Michael Jackson and Vijay Iyer.
Great observation, 50/50!
There are a lot more pop tunes covered by jazz artistes, than vice versa.
Remember ‘My Favorite Things’ by you know who? :)
BTW, Vijay Iyer did ‘Human Nature’, as did Miles.

Fiftyfifty

Great observation, 50/50!
There are a lot more pop tunes covered by jazz artistes, than vice versa.
Remember ‘My Favorite Things’ by you know who? :)
BTW, Vijay Iyer did ‘Human Nature’, as did Miles.
Thanks for mentioning this @coaltrain - my bad, I meant Human Nature, not Time after Time. I don't think Vijay Iyer did Time after Time, though he continued to mesmerise us time after time :)

That said, jazz musicians performing pop tunes and other familiar music is a great way to get introduced to jazz. Remember Vince Gueraldi Trio's A Charlie Brown Christmas?

coaltrain

Lockdown is more bearable when you’re in good company: Hubbard, Henderson, Benson, Hancock and Turrentine are just a few good friends we can always count on :)
PS: the blank space is reserved for ‘Sky Dive’, if I ever get my hands on a copy.

6A7AE525-DC78-4F98-8BB1-4B0291D71DA9.jpeg