All That Jazz ...

And Friends.....

Most albums with 'and friends' in the title turn out to be so good! Probably because the artiste is able to borrow big names from other recording labels. Like this one... Just look at those names :)
View attachment 66949
And Friends.....

Most albums with 'and friends' in the title turn out to be so good! Probably because the artiste is able to borrow big names from other recording labels. Like this one... Just look at those names :)
View attachment 66949
Big name himself to attract that impressive cavalcade. Need to individually look for tracks, as this compilation album not on YouTube or Spotify. Thanks for the share.

If I’m not mistaken, Pete La Roca made only a couple of albums as a leader.
Basra is first rate, thanks to Joe Henderson and Steve Swallow. Roca is also in fine form, especially on his own compositions. There’s also a beautiful version of ‘Lazy Afternoon’, with Henderson at his most poignant.

8A3B391B-A5CD-4B57-9BB6-A86C4FC693E9.jpeg

I could have taken my business elsewhere with this song but posting non jazz here. I mean i should post this to threads, "the music i am listening to" or "whats playing now on my system". But I know you guys and want to share here. Please bare my tantrum gents.
The words and the urgency seem like a call to live life a little more. Not a French language speaker but translation is only Google away.
PS..i only discovered this song yesterday.

Last edited:
Listening to this album after talking to a friend.
Forgot how good Sonny Stitt was ... terrific!

81JbHghoITL._SL1500_.jpg

Whenever I am lost for what to listen to - I just come to this post, go thru a few pages and then I am set for a few days :).

Thanks @Nikhil for starting this and to all for contributing with gold each day every day.

Listening to this album after talking to a friend.
Forgot how good Sonny Stitt was ... terrific!
He is heavenly - I remember him from before the streaming services started and it was very difficult to get the rare stuff, I had some 6-7 songs of his and they will almost always come up during the jazz mood days. Today once again I am reminded here of Sonny Stitt I have a great week ahead.

Hahaha. I like the golf reference. Could be why he chose 'Bogey'. Yes, the album doesn't seem to be avilable together on YouTube but is available on Spotify. Will check the one you posted. He only has three albums as a leader but has played extensively with some big names in Germany. Jamaica to Europe for another not so big name, Joe Harriott.
Lesser known musician but a stroke over par - certainly a 'bogey'! Great find @Sushant Sharma

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back