All That Jazz ...

What a find @Sushant Sharma. Listening to Wilton on apple music. I never even knew he existed :eek:. The first track is very good. Now listening to the rest.

View attachment 67181
@mbhangui sampled quickly your reco of Max Roach's album but now listening at length. What a great line up and the band seems so confident and like they knew each other forever. Thanks

Last edited:
That was a great Max Roach album @mbhangui . Thanks for sharing.

When I hear Max Roach I cannot help but think of Clifford Brown. Their last album together, before Brown's tragic car accident, is perhaps amongst their best. Also features Sonny Rollins and Richie Powell
View attachment 67198
This is the exact album I have on my HDD. Didn't know this about Clifford Brown. Thanks for the info. Recently I'm discovering new albums thanks to Apple Music and spotify streaming and thanks to repurposing an old 2012 mac mini, with some modification to run Big Sur. Never had tried these streaming services. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:
That was a great Max Roach album @mbhangui . Thanks for sharing.

When I hear Max Roach I cannot help but think of Clifford Brown. Their last album together, before Brown's tragic car accident, is perhaps amongst their best. Also features Sonny Rollins and Richie Powell
View attachment 67198
Wilton Gaynair covers a few songs on that album made popular by Brownie.

Last edited:
Morning listening via a recommendation from @sidvee

ZWc.jpeg

This was great. I especially liked the last track - "Denial" which starts with the flute, trumpet and the piano and then the lead goes to the flute, then the trumpet and then the piano. This was like a jugal bandi between the three instruments.

When it comes to current bass players, I follow a simple rule of thumb: Miller’s thumb rules! :)
Love his bass clarinet playing, too.

Listening on spotify. Discovered Larry Young today. I'm getting addicted to spotify's continue listening feature. This automatically started playing after the album I selected finished playing to the end (Andrew Hill's Pax album).

Untitled.jpg

Listening on spotify. Discovered Larry Young today. I'm getting addicted to spotify's continue listening feature. This automatically started playing after the album I selected finished playing to the end (Andrew Hill's Pax album).

View attachment 67257

Big Larry Young fan here!
Do check out Unity and Into Somethin’, along with the Grant Green album Street of Dreams, on Blue Note. Am pretty sure you’ll like them, as well.

1644942598571.png
Allan mentioned this album as his favorite somewere. Nowadays its on my frequent listening list also.

Listening to "The Pan Piper" by Miles Davis from the Album "Sketches of Spain" in Apple Spatial Audio format. Lovely

1644943427298.png

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back