Am I getting a good price?

twenyone

Guys after months of research my heart is set on buying the Klipsch Cornwall III from the Klipsch Heritage series. I've been demoing the speakers at Cinebels in Mumbai. They suggested pairing it with a PrimaLune Prologue Premium. Overall pricing after one round of negotiations is coming to:
Cornwall III = 5L
Prologue Premium = 3L

I've been comparing to US prices and its coming to around 60%-76% higher, which is heart breaking. Am I getting a good price? What do you guys think?

fact -

INR price cannot be compared to USD

It will always be higher

Audio equipment is a low volume game so the margins will be higher

what you need to judge

your pockets
dealer reliability
service and warranty

regards

and surely a home demo please with this kind of money

and

The Cornwall III derives its name from being the first Klipsch loudspeaker designed to operate from either a corner or against a wall (corn/wall).

hope you are aware - and have taken speaker placement into account

regards

Welcome to the forum. As far as pricing goes, everything is double the price if compared to US, especially when it comes to higher end products.
Good price is really about what you are willing to pay and how bad you want it. Like @mpw mentioned see if you can get home audition. It always makes a difference in your own room/placement and whatever gear you intend to use with it.

I've been comparing to US prices and its coming to around 60%-76% higher, which is heart breaking. Am I getting a good price? What do you guys think?

Hi-Fi prices in India are generally higher compared to international prices.. Klipsch earns the distinction easily here for the reason you have mentioned..

There usually wouldn't be many customers here for the specific product you like.. Best case is propose yourself as a prospective buyer and settle for a price that is mutually works out.. If they don't budget, then i think it is time to move on..

Guys after months of research my heart is set on buying the Klipsch Cornwall III from the Klipsch Heritage series. I've been demoing the speakers at Cinebels in Mumbai. They suggested pairing it with a PrimaLune Prologue Premium. Overall pricing after one round of negotiations is coming to:
Cornwall III = 5L
Prologue Premium = 3L

Always look for the pricing in any other place other than the country of origin. For made in USA devices look for reference prices in Europe and Vice versa.
Prices in a neutral areas like UAE maybe taken as a reference too.
Always add 15-20% to the reference price due to increased taxes in our country. If it falls within the 20% of reference pricing you can go ahead with the purchase.

How often do you change your audio gear? If you change infrequently buying from a authorized distributor makes lots of sense.

One more factor is how much the Manfacturer warranty matters to you, because the post sales service support for hifi items is pretty abysmal in our country; even through the official channels. If the Service support doesn't matter go ahead with getting handcarried from abroad or with local resellers without warranty. You could save a lot in such cases with obvious risk.

Cornwall III = 5L
Prologue Premium = 3L

Even i was interested in prologue premium amp, but left it for same reason.

Hi-Fi prices in India are generally higher compared to international prices.. Klipsch earns the distinction easily here for the reason you have mentioned..

There usually wouldn't be many customers here for the specific product you like.. Best case is propose yourself as a prospective buyer and settle for a price that is mutually works out.. If they don't budget, then i think it is time to move on..

Agreed bro.. We Dont have much choices when it comes to buying Hi fi equipments in India.

Agreed bro.. We Dont have much choices when it comes to buying Hi fi equipments in India.

Not the case as almost all well known brands & not so well known are available in India, the method in the madness is to identify the appropriate brand via the right distributor/dealer. That takes patience and also getting in touch with the people who are well connected in this hobby of ours.

Not the case as almost all well known brands & not so well known are available in India, the method in the madness is to identify the appropriate brand via the right distributor/dealer. That takes patience and also getting in touch with the people who are well connected in this hobby of ours.

Bro agreed with u … but I was talking about pricing issues, the dealers here have more margins in HIFI category.
compared to USA where the product availability is evenly distributed.

Usually a dealer has 25-30% as his margin, except for some mass market brands which you see sold online at silly discounted pricing(those brands are well known/popular on our forum as well) so even after discount is given a dealer hasn't got much to earn from. The major issue is freight/custom duties and other taxes applicable. We all think that these distributors/dealers are making big money, in reality they aren't. Then there is the mindset of expecting big fat discount, due to which some brands pricing is artificially inflated & then reduced via those massive discounts, end result one pays what the actual cost is. That's why I said, identifying the right brand & distributor/dealer is the key.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back