Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in India?

crashnburn

Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in India?

I've been spending most of my time in the US, partially 30/40% in India.

I dont have Netlix and dont plan to get right now. Maybe in future.

I do have Amazon Prime - Its a great deal for 2 day ship + included Digital Content - esp Prime Video.

I used Hola extension on Chrome and was able to get Netflix US site to open.

Prime was not.

Given that I am in and out and dont use it so much in India would like to find a cheap way to bypass.. Wish to set it up for parents using my XBMC/ Kodi box, but not sure how much they will use.

Free, or cheap - either for 1-2 months or monthly service to bypass?

Suggestions?

PS: Googling for DNS & VPN providers leads to too many promotional sites each touting their top 5 vpns etc. Cant find an unbiased benchmark/ review.

If someones done this homework already.. please do share the wisdom.

Re: Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in Ind

I have been using Smart DNS Proxy and it is working great for me. I have used 1 month free trial of Amazon Instant Prime and it worked flawlessly. There are others in the forum who are using Smart DNS Proxy to stream Amazon Instant Prime.

Re: Amazon.com Prime Instant Video: Cheap bypass US region restriction, stream in Ind

me too using smartdnsproxy ...for both amazon prime and netflix ... been using it for over a year now, works perfectly ...

I am using unlocater.com for watching netflix.

Leaving NetFlix out for a moment..

- What kind of connections have you been using Prime Streaming on? What kind of speed/ latency?
I currently have a 4/6 Mbps connection with limited 100 GB cap for 90 days/ 3 months.

- Are you using some kind of box/ appliance for it? or PC based media center with Browser open?

- I will test it using my Laptop but wish to use it using Kodi/ XBMC on a small box.

Do share how etc.. Then I can plan accordingly

Last edited:

I have tested it on browser, smart tv and Fire TV. It worked fine for me when I was on 1 month trial.

Some forum members here are getting full HD streaming on 4Mbps connection too.

I have tested it on browser, smart tv and Fire TV. It worked fine for me when I was on 1 month trial.

Some forum members here are getting full HD streaming on 4Mbps connection too.

Thanks for sharing :)

What kind of Smart TV / client/ app is allowing you to stream Prime Video?

PS: Could you please refer/ link me to the members getting Prime full HD streaming on 4M connections?

Last edited:

I have used it on LG Smart TV and Amazon Fire TV.

@sam9s and @dushie in the forum are using Amazon Prime now.

Leaving NetFlix out for a moment..

- What kind of connections have you been using Prime Streaming on? What kind of speed/ latency?
I currently have a 4/6 Mbps connection with limited 100 GB cap for 90 days/ 3 months.

- Are you using some kind of box/ appliance for it? or PC based media center with Browser open?

- I will test it using my Laptop but wish to use it using Kodi/ XBMC on a small box.

Do share how etc.. Then I can plan accordingly

I am on a 50mbps hathway latency <20ms, but an 8mbps is good enough for 1080p streaming with a good DNS. I use Roku 3 for all streaming but also works good on chrome browser on my laptop. Netflix on xbmc is hit or miss as far as i know. Its not knows for best compatibility. I dont think you can view amazon prime video in xbmc.....

Last edited:

I am on a 50mbps hathway latency <20ms, but an 8mbps is good enough for 1080p streaming with a good DNS. I use Roku 3 for all streaming but also works good on chrome browser on my laptop. Netflix on xbmc is hit or miss as far as i know. Its not knows for best compatibility. I dont think you can view amazon prime video in xbmc.....

Geez.. nice 50 M. FUP?? What are you paying/ what kind of tech/line are they using?

^^ lol ...:) its never 50mbps exactly, mostly it hovers around 30-35 and at nights its 45-48mbps, which is more than enough to stream even 4K content on youtube ...:)

FUP : 100GB and I am paying 2200/month inclusive tax and all, which is not very cheap neither I would say its very expensive with the speed and FUP I have got.

Tech : its plain cable modem, with coaxial cable, nothing fancy ... :)

At the time of typing this post below is what I am getting .....

Last edited:

FUP : 100GB and I am paying 2200/month inclusive tax and all, which is not very cheap neither I would say its very expensive with the speed and FUP I have got.

Tech : its plain cable modem, with coaxial cable, nothing fancy ... :)

At the time of typing this post below is what I am getting .....

I pay around 1.8k for 30GB @ 6mbps + occasional speed issues (Asianet dataline..reviewed 'well' in mouthshut)..:sad:

Last edited:

^^ That is expensive ...1800 bucks for 6mbps 30 GB.....

1537 all inclusive airtel 16mbps 82gb.. Can't trust anyone else in bangalore.. No major downtime in two years tchwud
.. Netflix was a charm till i used it.. Then ipTv and Kodi happened so junked Netflix
Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Kodi is used to play your media already present on your local network. Netflix is a service to let us stream media directly from internet. Not sure how one can be dumped for other .... both completely different applications for different purpose .......

Kodi is used to play your media already present on your local network. Netflix is a service to let us stream media directly from internet. Not sure how one can be dumped for other .... both completely different applications for different purpose .......

But, you of all the people, should know of the options available in Kodi to stream ;)

Lol yeah.. I'm stumped..i barely use kodi for my local media as my smart tv is smart enough for that... Either i hook up the hdd directly else use plex. My Kodi is for iptv and streaming anything i want.. Reason i stopped downloading as well now :) no more popups no stutter plain enjoy.. And Netflix content was never enough for me.. I found hulu plus or hbo go more to my liking..

Last edited:

But, you of all the people, should know of the options available in Kodi to stream ;)

Yes all those are unofficial torrent based streaming channels, .. they are just hit or miss, even youtube is just ok on XBMC. I would never recommend XBMC as a streaming client. Its strength is as a front end media player for features and stability few can match.

For streaming, dedicated services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, HULU, VUDU. HBO Go, MGo are worth, obviously you pay but then you get uninterpreted, quality service, though you can use all of this on browser as well, but if we talk about streaming player Roku 3 hands down ... :)

Lol yeah.. I'm stumped..i barely use kodi for my local media as my smart tv is smart enough for that... Either i hook up the hdd directly else use plex. My Kodi is for iptv and streaming anything i want.. Reason i stopped downloading as well now :) no more popups no stutter plain enjoy.. And Netflix content was never enough for me.. I found hulu plus or hbo go more to my liking..

Even my non smart inexpensive TV is enough for that:) , plays all files via USB stick, and I also use plex channel on Roku with my radio server also acting as my plex server, but that not the point or should I say that's not how I wanna enjoy my movies and TV series. I use Kodi (openELEC to be precise ) as my main front end player connected to my HT coz of The polished front end look, that presents my 200 or so movies and 50 odd TV series library on my 130" screen giving an all together another feel to say the least, and I can really say that alone is a reason enough for me not to go for any other means to view and play my content. Not to forget various skins Kodi provides with features actually worth installing, with the ability to play all formats and inclusion of SBS/TB 3D, Kodi is far mature and stable front end media player than any other in the same league ..

And I agree only to an extent that Netflix content is not enough, Netflix US might lag a bit but when you search a movie on all Netflix geo location there is 90% chance you gonna find it on some country Netflix. You just need to update the region in your DNS account and you are good to go. Ofcourse there are times when you will not find the content under any geo location on Netflix, for that we have Amazon Prime and HULU, then there are truck loads of other channels on Roku that provide Movies and TV series...... so there is never a dearth of entertainment.

Bro you seriously need Genesis if you don't yet have it on kodi.. Bypassing geoblocks is as much unofficial as it gets.. If you have the right plugins i get you won't need anything else..
By the way big fan of your user guides and ht project..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back