Amazon Echo/Alexa First impression

I also found price in banggood is low compared to ebay india. Ordered Yeelight from banggood.

One question on sonoff switch. Is the below switch suitable to use as wall switch? Like to know If it can replace an existing wall switch for the fan/light and make alexa controllable?

https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Wi-Fi-...me-With-ABS-Shell-p-1019971.html?rmmds=search
This is a switch ,unlike conventional switch has a relay and a wireless chip inside , this will sit behind your switch box ,you can blank you existing fan/light switch and put this inside the switch board - warning be careful if you are not familiar with power use an electrician.-the input comes on one side the output through the other clearly marked.It is now 100% controllable by Alexa and also Sonoff has an App running on your phone through which also you can control.There is a video by Sam9 i think somewhere in this forum under home automation.

This is a switch ,unlike conventional switch has a relay and a wireless chip inside , this will sit behind your switch box ,you can blank you existing fan/light switch and put this inside the switch board - warning be careful if you are not familiar with power use an electrician.-the input comes on one side the output through the other clearly marked.It is now 100% controllable by Alexa and also Sonoff has an App running on your phone through which also you can control.There is a video by Sam9 i think somewhere in this forum under home automation.

Does each switch meant for each equipment? Like I need to use one of this for controlling fan and then another one for the light etc.,

I have been using the Echo for a few weeks. Tried mostly playing music, did not try the other integrations with Uber etc. yet. Good response to the microphone from a distance, however, it still has some kinks - e.g. it fails to give any response sometime, starts telling jokes in the middle of playing music and "something went wrong" has occurred a couple of times. However, the fraction of these issues compared to the overall experience is low, so I'm hoping these are teething troubles with the learning algorithms that they employ.

I had ordered Echo Plus in the first order lot with 30% discount.

Its amazing and very simple to setup.

Presently enjoying ordering Alex to play my favourites. Convenience - the moment you feel like listening to a song from your childhood days just blurt out to alex and its playing.:clapping:

Also it slowly becoming like an assistant to whom you can talk when you feel like talking and asking

Tried with friends the tambola game skill. You do not need someone to jumble numbers for the tambola game. Alexa does it for you.

But frankly there are a lot of skills which Alexa has to add and also keep adapting to Indian pronunciation and voices. The Alexa APP in phone also shuts down itself many times.

If you ask Alexa to play your childhood English favourites it plays flawlessly from Amazon Prime music :clapping:

Bought it to try home automation

Attachments

• IMG_20171104_081547-3.jpg
    IMG_20171104_081547-3.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 79
My experience mainly for the benefit of those who may have a US bought Amazon Tap.

I have an Amazon Tap which I got form the US last year as a gift. The Alexa app sets it up flawlessly. When setting up I selected English (India) as the language. After set up the message I got was that Amazon Tap needs an update for English (India).

Its been a week but no update so far. I tried set up once again and same problem. Due to the language option being English UK or English USA, many skills for India are not available.

When I chatted with an Amazon CS re, she said they dont have amazon prime music and they will escalate the matter and get back to me. Same for the software update.

Saavn works alright but the software does have a problem in speech recognition. Many times the songs are not what I asked for. But the funny part is, every time I ask Alexa to play M S Subbalakshmi, the result is flawless and I enjoy Suprabhatam every morning from Saavn.

I ahve now escalated my issue for a response via email and will update here once I hear from them,

yes , but there are 4 channel switches for multiple equipments are also available , but the the load of the equipment you are connecting

Which is better Echo (6999/-) or the Echo Plus (10499/-) in terms of sound quality? Got an invite and planning to order one..

Please suggest.

OK, Thanks. So the sonoff switch comes in between wall switch and light

Normally the electical connection will be
Mains -----Wall switch----------Light/Fan
With sonoff:
Mains -----Wall switch----sonoff-----light/fan.

OK, Thanks. So the sonoff switch comes in between wall switch and light

Normally the electical connection will be
Mains -----Wall switch----------Light/Fan
With sonoff:
Mains -----Wall switch----sonoff-----light/fan.

It will be like MAINS- SONOFF - LIGHT/FAN , the switch becomes redundant,
if you have the switch in the link it should be kept on all the time ,sonoff eliminates the switch.

Am holding off buying an Alexa till Prime music is available in India. Also, anyone have real life experience between Alexa and Google Home? I already use Google music subscription and own chromecast and chromecast audio. So thinking maybe Google home may suit me better (the Google home max is also very well reviewed as a speaker and two of them can be used in stereo also...)

Here is my setup, I have integrated Sonoff Switches / 4 Ch..... 1 and 2 Ch Will share that video soon check this out ..

( Hindi )

comments and suggestion please do also like my channel

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back