Amazon.in - disappointing experience

plasmoid

I had bought a record (paid COD) from Amazon last week. Firstly it came in a thin plastic bag instead of cardboard packing. When I opened it, the outer sleeve was bent badly and record was warped.

I immediately scheduled a return pickup and replacement. As expected no one came or called. Then I called them to reschedule the pickup. Again no one called or came. When I contacted amazon to reschedule the pickup, they replied saying they cannot raise a new return request unless I give my bank account details. Why should I give my bank details when I have requested a replacement? Now I am stuck with a damaged product through no fault of mine :mad:

Really missing the old retail stores where this would have been resolved in under 5 mins.

I bought a lamp COD from Amazon which was broken when it arrived. When I contacted them, like you they wanted a bank account, to transfer refund amount directly - this was the last lamp and they were out of stock. They told me they cannot return cash though they collect cash. However they said they can also send a cheque - which took about 1 week to arrive after the broken item was picked up. I suggest you get on an online chat and ask for a cheque based refund, because they may not have a replacement.
Cheers,
Sid

I bought a lamp COD from Amazon which was broken when it arrived. When I contacted them, like you they wanted a bank account, to transfer refund amount directly - this was the last lamp and they were out of stock. They told me they cannot return cash though they collect cash. However they said they can also send a cheque - which took about 1 week to arrive after the broken item was picked up. I suggest you get on an online chat and ask for a cheque based refund, because they may not have a replacement.
Cheers,
Sid

Already chatted with 3 morons and all asking for bank details. Worst thing is they won't issue cheque without pickup and the delivery boys don't bother to come for pickup even after it is scheduled. I never had this problem with flipkart on returns...no questions asked, delivery boy comes promptly with replacement and takes the previous item.

Worst thing is they won't issue cheque without pickup and the delivery boys don't bother to come for pickup even after it is scheduled..
Yes that is right, refund is issued only after pickup. Anyways the delivery boys pickup issue sucks. Didn't have that problem during my return. Good luck regardless.
Cheers,
Sid

I never placed any order on COD yet. Always made the payment online and I got immediate refund when the item is picked up. No hassles. It is more convenient in every manner (making payment, getting refund).

Definitely they will ask for bank details for COD orders as the delivery boy doesn't carry your amount (they release funds on daily basis and don't have rights for hard cash movements). It will take time to get cash back because they have to transfer the money manually (not automated like in automated which initiated to original payment method automatically). However there is issue if no body is coming to pick-up, I would suggest you to use CALL option which is more effective than chat.

Ok. One of my colleague bought a mobile and received it with a small scratch. After a week, he opted for returning the mobile. And as usual, he was asked to provide the bank details and he provided. Next, a delivery person came to my office, took back the mobile and on the same day, he got the credit in his bank account. This persons sits opposite to my cubicle and hence this is not a story overheard from some one.

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy mobile for my wife and after a week, I have a problem in the reception of sms messages and then I opted for a replacement. Next day, a delivery person from Amazon handed over the new mobile and took back the old one.

So far So GOOD

Rgds

I had placed an order for Bluerigger cable on Amazon.in... After few days of placing the order, i received a msg from Amazon that my product was delivered to me..But i didn't receive it, not my neighbours on behalf of me :eek:hyeah:..

So i waited an other day after i received the msg, to see if they deliver the product next day.. Nope...

I was scared that someone received the product on my name & flicked it.. So then i logged a complaint with amazon.. They were ready to refund the money (or) provide replacement... I said am not willing to take either, but told them that " i would like to know who received my product ?"

With in hours of placing the call, the product was delivered to me :sad:

So even before delivering the product, these guys msg you that your product has been delivered...:eek:hyeah:

I always found Amazon.in very reliable & professional. I feel they offer the best services for on line shopping in India. Cheers!

Asked for a refund my headphone amp. It was picked up the next day. Since it was a card payment, it will credited to the cc. I've had good experience with Amazon.

I never placed any order on COD yet. Always made the payment online and I got immediate refund when the item is picked up. No hassles. It is more convenient in every manner (making payment, getting refund).

Definitely they will ask for bank details for COD orders as the delivery boy doesn't carry your amount (they release funds on daily basis and don't have rights for hard cash movements). It will take time to get cash back because they have to transfer the money manually (not automated like in automated which initiated to original payment method automatically). However there is issue if no body is coming to pick-up, I would suggest you to use CALL option which is more effective than chat.

I know no one gives cash refunds...this was for replacement(which they said is in stock) and they asked for bank details not to give a refund, but to reschedule a returns pickup. The second time I re-scheduled was by call. Anyways its good it wasn't a high value item. Good lesson learned.

Always had positive experience with Amazon.in. Prompt pick-ups, credits. Once I received a Microwave Bowl that was cracked.On calling up I was told to dump the item and immediately got refund credited. No photos, no returns. Agreed it was a small item of Rs.180/- but Flipkart, Snapdeal, etc. would not entertain without photos of damaged item, outer wrapping, carton, etc. Kudos to Amazon for having faith in the customer.

I too had very positive experience so far with Amazon.in.
Buying or Returning it was hassle free.
The prices are found to be lesser compared to other online portals.

+1 Amazon is the best. I have only positive things to say about them. Never seen anything like them in India - their customer service is truly empowered and go with the approach of "customer is always right". Pls try another time and update ur thread if u r happy at the end - i'm most certain you will be.

Great to see the title has changed. I chose the title because this is really the worst experience I have had buying online.

eBay and Amazon are international sites and believes in customer satisfication. I have purchased so many products that's also electronic products like mobile, tab, DSLR and never have any negative review. Once I received a old broken 10 year old LG mobile instead of Samsung Tab3, but it was returned very easily. It's the right seller we should choose while buying. And all the issues arises mainly because of sellers not site.

eBay and Amazon are international sites and believes in customer satisfication. I have purchased so many products that's also electronic products like mobile, tab, DSLR and never have any negative review. Once I received a old broken 10 year old LG mobile instead of Samsung Tab3, but it was returned very easily. It's the right seller we should choose while buying. And all the issues arises mainly because of sellers not site.

I have no problem with the seller who cannot be blamed for bad customer service, delayed delivery and pickup. I have bought numerous items from this seller and never had problems. This was an Amazon fulfilled order and they should take responsibility. Just apologizing and not resolving issues is not customer service.

UPDATE : I informed the seller and he has dispatched a replacement by blue dart without even asking for the old item back. Should have done this earlier instead of wasting my time with amazon.

Amazon is waaaaayy better than any other indian etailers in customer service. I ordered one CD from amazon, next day I got a mail and sms that the CD was not in stock. I asked them to return my money. Next day the money was credited to Bank acc. The incredible thing happened next week when I received the CD delivered to my address. I still don't know how that happened ?! May be some miscommunication between the shipper and amazon. But they never mailed or sms me for money........
since then I'm a loyal customer......:yahoo:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back