amps

nandakumarhv

hi guys,
I have just purchased quad 22l2 speakers,
marantz sacd 7001 Ki cdp,
van den hul c122 speakers cables,
van den hul ' INTEGRATED' fusion technology interconnects,
i am looking for a decend amps, would fellow guys help me out to buy one.
with regards
nanda kumar

hi guys,
with regards
nanda kumar

Hi Nandkumar,
Decent speakers,good cdp,decent speaker cables( some may debate), very good interconnects.
How much do u want to spend? I thought u would have got ur Plinius by now!
I differ from Abhishek in his recommendation of Cyrus amps. Yes they are cased in Magnesium alloy but i dont think they are mind blowing at all.
Amps to try in a budget would be the regular Nad or Marantz integrateds . A little more outlay and u could look at the Marantz PM 15SI,Primare I 30,Musical Fidelity and the likes.
I would also look at a Pre/power if the budget exists. Dont discount the old workhorse Nad C162/272 combo which in my opinion can flatten many of the highly reviewed integrateds in a similar price range. Ur fellow bglore boys will also suggest the Stratos but i have never heard them so cant comment.
Regards

hi,
thanks dinyaar and abi,
I will give cyrus a try and i would also like to try quad 909 power /99 pre.
How about marantz pm 15SI as i am getting at a very decent price almost at par with nad 372 integrated. I droped plinius as it was very old model almost 8 years, and how about arcam.
waiting for the comments
regards

Hi,
Ya try both the Marantz 15 SI and the Quad pre/power. I dont like the Quad pre amp but the power amp is good.
Regards

Hi Nandakumar
We have with us (in the showroom) an amp that you should check out. I will keep it a surprise and wont post the model/brand but its our latest addition to our lineup. I can tell you that its 3 products in one :D and it has a tube in it. It should be more than ample to drive your speakers.
The one we have weighs about 25 lbs and has a remote and is cherry wood in color.
anyone care to make a guess...:)

cheers
Sridhar

hi,
thanks dinyaar and abi,
How about marantz pm 15SI as i am getting at a very decent price almost at par with nad 372 integrated. I droped plinius as it was very old model almost 8 years, and how about arcam.
waiting for the comments
regards

hi guys,
with regards
nanda kumar

Very very very nice speakers! :cool: How did you manage to pick up this list without an amp? (Just curious) If you do pick up the Quad Pre/Power combo, I would like to have an opinion when you have the chance.

hi,
thanks dinyaar and abi,
waiting for the comments
regards
hi nandakumarhv
i personally like cyrus amps a lot. they have a very robust build quality and very good performance as well. if you listen to the cyrus amps with your speakers i am sure you will like it.

Hi
I audition quad 22l and the dealers promised me if i dont like 22l2 he will take it back and thanks i liked it. As far the amps are concerned I wanted to try out as many amps as possible and settle for the best which suits me. cyrus is also on my list.
Can any one recommend a tube amps

Hi Nandakumar
For tube amps we have the Leben CS600 and the Shindo labs line if you want to go for some fabulous tube amps.
What you saw at ARN is a good hybrid (tube pre with SS power amp) but cant match the above components....its all a question of what you want to spend :D

cheers

If your budget allows,you could consider the KRELL FBI (Integrated) or the evolution series (302/222) combination.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back