Amrut Single Malt

The CSD canteen sells a Rum by name old adventure. 65/Rs a full pet bottle, the best dark rum ever tasted. :licklips:

Hmm, another CSD source in the form of Kittu :eek:hyeah:
All these CSD sources are coming 'out of the closets' due thanks to this thread.... :lol:

Waiting for more reveals:p

Okay...now we are speaking of Rum and CSD sources. OT I'd say, but since we are already committed to it...there used to be a rum called Contessa...anybody remembers??? Is it still available? That was the only rum I could have with water. Went down smooth...

Contessa is available in Delhi ........ somehow do not appreciate its after-taste. But definitely it is pretty smooth.

Okay...now we are speaking of Rum and CSD sources. OT I'd say, but since we are already committed to it...there used to be a rum called Contessa...anybody remembers??? Is it still available? That was the only rum I could have with water. Went down smooth...

Was very popular choice in the late '80s early '90s.

::: Radico :::

Then came christian brothers & that became the next hot seller till it suddenly disappeared :sad:

My rum drinking friend swears by Old Port from CSD, followed by Old Adventurer. I too remember Contessa and also Lord Nelson rum from yesteryear.

Having tasted Amrut, I have been on a quest for finding a decently priced blended version as well. Somehow a lot of brands that are available (hyderabad pricing - which is higher than most of India) did not taste good to my palate. For instance Dewars white label, j&B etc. As I kept moving up the price range I feel, at least to my taste buds the Teachers Origin (Rs2400) is the smoothest. I think to get better than that one has to jump to JW black label (Rs 3600). Unfortunately for some reason Teachers Origin is unavailable in Hyderabad for the last few weeks:sad:. If any Hyd. FM's know of its availability in their part of town do let me know.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid,

I think you should be able to get Teachers Origins at Ram Singh Agarwal here in Secunderabad.
I can check and let you know. I prefer Teachers 50. Goes easier with the club soda for my taste.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back