Amrut Single Malt

Sure will, if I can lay my hands on 'em.

But, personally am too much into rum .... that too Khoday's Hercules ... find the lingering aftertaste of caramel and molasses intoxicating ... prefer it to the smooth fruity flavour of the Glens, till now. Maybe, Amrut may change it!

Pls pick up 1 for me as well, will 'barter' with your Fav Hercules :D

All in bangalore are lucky to have Madhuloka catering to them. None of such facilities to us in mumbai :mad:

I've not had good luck either with finding Amrut (only time I've had some was in LA!) or with Madhuloka's online services.

I've placed an order. Let's see.

>>Oh what a thread, 19 replies and 180 hits within 3 hrs of opening the thread!!!!. I think this is self explanatory as long it is for pleasure and enjoyment.<<

its good as long as its for pleasure and enjoyment , but most of times it turns to be a nuisance to others . i belong to a town which stands number one in alcohol consumption in India ,and a state who goes begging after the Dubai shakes for a smart city while blowing money on alcohol equivalent to the project cost of four smart cities in a year. (last December we spent 700 cr for pleasure and enjoyment, smart city project cost is 2000cr . )

Is it morally correct to discuss about alcohol in a public form ? .

If alcohol can be sold in public why it cannot be discussed? Teetotalers please stay away!

Denom what happened to 100 pipers you promised to get at a discounted rate!?

And yes me too would like to taste Amrut if available. Have read a lot about it.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Denom what happened to 100 pipers you promised to get at a discounted rate!?

And yes me too would like to taste Amrut if available. Have read a lot about it.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Santy, need to get confirmed qty for this 'Group Buy' :D Based on which will get the 100 Pipers @ discounted price ;)

/Laphroaig/Bowmore is enough to give me a great high. Amrut sound interesting but would it be worth paying 1800-2000? I would be willing to buy and audition one bottle :)
Ajay I am an uabashed Islay malt fan, Laphroaig being my current fave. Specifically, I would not say that Amrut is better than the Lap, but definitley holds its own with non Islay malts (and better in many cases). I am not sure of C'garh, but any single malt scotch in Hyd. starts at 3500 so 2k is definitley a bargain. Of-course if one has the option of duty free every month, nothing like it, but for the rest if they can get it, this is a very tasty alternative.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Is it morally correct to discuss about alcohol in a public form ? .

Is he kidding ? No offence, but MYOFB my friend. Also, this is not really a public forum.

To more serious matters, would love to try Amrut - can anyone comment on the reliability of madhuloka? Most times, I drink Laphroaig, Lagavulin, Jura, Balvenie and a bunch of others, but would love to have a high quality Indian Malt !

Last edited:
need to get confirmed qty for this 'Group Buy' :D Based on which will get the 100 Pipers @ discounted price ;)

After tripping on generous quantities of Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Hennessy methinks 100 Pipers has fruity flavor and Teachers has smokey flavor and find them totally unacceptable.

Though Whiskey is my staple, the best of the lot I found was Hennessy though it is a cognac.

hmmm...thanks Sid...though I prefer the light flavor of spaysides I do enjoy the other end of the spectrum with Ardmore and Laphroiag...Where would you place Amrut's taste???

Will start scouting for it right away. Will post details when I locate the source...

hmmm...thanks Sid...though I prefer the light flavor of spaysides I do enjoy the other end of the spectrum with Ardmore and Laphroiag...Where would you place Amrut's taste???

Will start scouting for it right away. Will post details when I locate the source...

To my palate it has a very full taste, balanced & rich, obviously the peat undertone of the Islay's are missing. It is more full flavored than the Glenlivet and at-least to me tasted closet to the Glenfiddich, but I preferred the Amrut. So maybe if you were to scale light to peated left to right, I would probably say this falls in the middle or tilted slightly to the right. Not really a whisky expert, though I do drink single malts when I can and avoid blended as much as I can (especially when I lived in the US and they were more affordable). In their booklet Amrut mentions that it has a peated version as well. Not sure if that is available here.
Cheers,
Sid

After tripping on generous quantities of Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Hennessy methinks 100 Pipers has fruity flavor and Teachers has smokey flavor and find them totally unacceptable.

Though Whiskey is my staple, the best of the lot I found was Hennessy though it is a cognac.

Bro, how can you compare Single Malts & Cognac with blended whiskey?

You seem to have hit the jackpot or something eh ? ;)

If had a choice, would also be enjoying your current favorite tipples, but not affordable to me @ the moment, so sticking to 100 pipers:indifferent14:

Since you have now stopped enjoying your erstwhile fav 100 pipers, may I have the pleasure of getting the stocks from you? :eek:hyeah:

Bro, how can you compare Single Malts & Cognac with blended whiskey?

If you can compare Single Driver speaker to a ESL speaker, why not. Incidentally music and alcohol are not very dissimilar as far as senses are concerned.

You seem to have hit the jackpot or something eh ? ;)

Yeah, kind of. The CSD from which I draw my stocks has come from some high altitude area who are always given special treatment. I picked up my Hennessy, Glenlivet and some exotic whiskey called 'Kingdom of Fire' from them.:cool:

My Cousin carried a couple of bottles of Glenfiddich for me from duty free shop on his way from Singapore. During his last visit he brought me a Chivas Regal special edition but I find that the magic is missing. Need to explore more.:rolleyes:

Since you have now stopped enjoying your erstwhile fav 100 pipers

Other day I went to the 19th Hole of my golf course. (courtesy my backache, I skip the first 18;)) The bugger had only Teachers and 100 Pipers. I opted for the latter but trust me, couldn't finish my second drink.

may I have the pleasure of getting the stocks from you? :eek:hyeah:

Don't know about you but the courier guy will surely have all the pleasure.:eek:hyeah:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back