Amrut Single Malt

sidvee

Guys I read a lot about the Amrut Fusion Single malt from bangalore - how it has been rated the 3rd top single malts in the World - by an authoritative reviewer. I though it was a load of crap. Anyways I was in Bangalore on business so I picked up one, they didnt have fusion but another one. It was 1800 for a 750 ml. WOW! I usually drink the standard single malts, basically limited to Glenfiddich-12, Glenlivet-12, ( Laphroaig - 10, Bowmore 12, Caol ila -12 Islay malts), Balvenie - 12 etc., and to my humble palate this was as good or better:clapping:. Not available, unfortunately in Hyderabd - you Bangalore guys are lucky:mad:, not to mention the superb KGA golf course which i had the good fortune to play as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Guys I read a lot about the Amrut Fusion Single malt from bangalore - how it has been rated the 3rd top single malts in the World - by an authoritative reviewer. I though it was a load of crap. Anyways I was in Bangalore on business so I picked up one, they didnt have fusion but another one. It was 1800 for a 750 ml. WOW! I usually drink the standard single malts, basically limited to Glenfiddich-12, Glenlivet-12, ( Laphroaig - 10, Bowmore 12, Caol ila -12 Islay malts), Balvenie - 12 etc., and to my humble palate this was as good or better:clapping:. Not available, unfortunately in Hyderabd - you Bangalore guys are lucky:mad:, not to mention the superb KGA golf course which i had the good fortune to play as well.
Cheers,
Sid

Where in Bangalore is this available? I don't drink single malts mostly restricted to wine. But if this is something so good, I don't mind trying it.

anyone coming in from banaglore to delhi? you are welcome to meet me bearing the aforementined Malt as a gift! ;-)

Amrut fusion is the best I had -- to me it was way better than Glennfiddich 12 & 18, Johny Walker (ok, didn't taste blue label), Chivas Regal 12, black dog, Jack Daniels etc. It was available till 4-5 months back in Bangalore but looks like there is no stock as of now -- and for foreseeable future. It appears that they are struggling to fulfill export demand.

Same distillery has something called Maq -- which has somewhat similar flavour but not even close to Fusion.

If you are a single malt lover, and if you find it in any shop -- just buy it eyes closed. It's really good.

Disclaimer: Neither I am an experienced drinker/taster nor I have exposure to exotic brands.

Last edited:
Where in Bangalore is this available? I don't drink single malts mostly restricted to wine. But if this is something so good, I don't mind trying it.

I bought it in the store at the end of brigade road - not too sure about the name. BTW sound1 is right, the guy at the store said that it was the last bottle they had in stock:mad:. As usual the good stuff is never available.
Cheers,
Sid

You can get it at the basement shop near Indira Nagar bridge @100ft rd. If you email them, the will deliver to your door step. At least they offered to when I mailed them a few years back.

--G0bble

If you are a single malt lover, and if you find it in any shop -- just buy it eyes closed. It's really good.

I concur, of-course I am sure the fusion is even better, I tried the one called Amrut Single malt (Fusion is 2k). Yesterday I did a little taste test, a double shot of Glenfiddich 12 to this, and I preferred the Amrut. Of-course just like audio this is subjective:lol:, but trust me it is an excellent choice.
Cheers,
Sid

Another reco for Amrut.

I agree that it has become a favourite of mine for the past year or so when I bought a bottle because of its catchy name and a friend's reco. I used to regularly consume Glenfiddich and Johnny Black and have since stopped. Lately due to stock outages I am back on Black - hope its only a temporary issue as I have not been able to find one for a couple of months.

So you are v. lucky sidvee to have been able to secure one.

Guys - if anyone finds a reliable stock, kindly post. I want to buy a few of these. Plan to drive down for a golf trip next month with a few buddies, so I can easily carry this back.
Cheers,
Sid

Sure will, if I can lay my hands on 'em.

But, personally am too much into rum .... that too Khoday's Hercules ... find the lingering aftertaste of caramel and molasses intoxicating ... prefer it to the smooth fruity flavour of the Glens, till now. Maybe, Amrut may change it!

True ... kabadiwallahs give Rs.50 an empty bottle, so ......... ;)

So far my favourite drink was Glenfiddich 12 and in the recent past, since its launch Johnny Walker Double Black. IMO JWDB is lot smoother than Glen.

I am eager to check Amrut. I always have minimum a full available in my stockof the above two as I have my past empoyees working in Middle East and I ask them to buy me from Duty free when ever they come on holidays.

Note: Never ever dispose the bottle along with the carton, lable stuck on the bottle. Please put a little effort to remove the identity as we may even become the victim for adultered foreign liquor.

Thanks

pure malt musings!

I never buy or drink 'over advertised' highland malts like Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet or blended scotches like Johnnie Walker, Royal Salute or Chivas Regal. Personally I feel that American bourbons like Jack Daniels and Jim Beam are cheaper and better whiskies. In Chandigarh Jim Beam 750 ml retails for 900/- and I love its smooth and sultry taste. Jim Beam or a cognac (Hennessy) with boiling hot water is my preferred drink in the winters.

I drink occasionally, alone and under absolutely controlled conditions - the right glass, water, chilling, music. Conversation (of the mundane variety) and eating can ruin the taste of a good malt therefore I avoid both when I pour one of my 'treasures'. 90 ml of a Lagavulin/Ardbeg/Bruichladdich/Bunnahabhain/Laphroaig/Bowmore is enough to give me a great high. A one litre duty free bottle normally lasts me 3-4 months. At 500-600 rupees a month I consider it an affordable 'vice'. Sometimes a generous host fondly serves me a black label/blue label and I merely sip it out of politeness. I stopped drinking IMFL many years ago and would rather become a teetotaler than drink that stuff. Amrut sound interesting but would it be worth paying 1800-2000? I would be willing to buy and audition one bottle :)

I first heard about Amrut from my German manager while I was in the UK. Since then I wanted to try and found a bottle in Dubai airport on my way back. But I picked up a couple of Cognacs hoping ill get Amrut from Bangalore. Looks like its not available currently..so need to keep checking Madhuloka frequently :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back