Any single malt afficionados here?

Thanks for your earlier suggestions...

I have a chance to pick few more (6 bottles) Islay whiskies while my wife returns from the US next month.
Need recommendations for roughly $120 and are readily available. (different from the last batch)
Even Speyside also welcome.

These are the pick by my junior in US who is a aficionado of spirits.... i usually go by his recommendations.
will try to get few more from Dubai if anything worth while available....

IMG-20220816-WA0005.jpg

Yoichi Single Malt. I found it to be a bit um, sweeter than the other Single Malts that I have had. Before I could do any critical tasting, my nieces polished off the bottle.

Attachments

• 20230814_212755-crop.jpg
    20230814_212755-crop.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Updated my collection with the following
1. Woodford Reserve - The only bourbon that I think is of the same stature of single malts
2. Bunnahabhain - Cruach Mhona 1l - Was highly recommended so want to try something new
3. Singleton - 15 year old - Like the 12 year old, heard the 15 is a significant upgrade, and was at a great price in the UK Duty free (cheaper than Blr)
4. Cao Ila 12 year old - One of my favorite peated whiskeys after Laphroiag

Drinking regularly is an expensive affair. And I used to spend a lot!

I gave it up couple of years back and invested all the money that I had saved in a nice HT setup. It also gives me a good scope for regular upgrades!;)

I am amazed by the savings!
Not if one is on old monk :)

Not sure if I have ever posted here before - but long time single malt fan here!

Favourite scotch of all time - Dalwhinnie 15. However the prices of scotch are reaching the heights of audio gear price! Time to get back to college favourite - the OLD MONK.

A video just for fun - the one that reminded me there is this thread :) I was looking for Waiheke whiskey review as a friend recently gifted it to me - and this showed up.

Was gifted a bottle of Glen Deveron 16 years last night. Anyone here who has had it & is it any

Was gifted a bottle of Glen Deveron 16 years last night. Anyone here who has had it & is it any good?
Its not good compared to similiar price points, i tried 20 years i felt somewhat ok.

Attachments

• glen devron.jpeg
    glen devron.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 22
I don't think it is going to make much of difference if you are taking it moderately and mixing components makes the difference and better to avoid high calorie mixers. Try diet ginger ale or only water.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back