Amrut Single Malt

I might be coming to Delhi sometime next week( dates TBD) and can bring along a bottle if I can find one.

Thanks George ..... but NO ..... :sad: ...... the >2K tag shan't allow me to digest the single malt concoction. I added a Krell 400xi today ... now the search for a compatible speaker commences ... so, am broke as of now and would continue to remain so for the next few months!

I heard that one can visit their distillery outside bangalore and have a tour. Maybe can be combined with a audio visit for those out of town :)

Can this thread not be stopped here. How long a thread with a subject not remotely related to the forum be carried on. There may be a lot of stray subjects, nothing to do with basic concept of the forum, politics, tourism, food, health, science, history, Bollywood, theater, painting, sex, sports.... endless. Are we ready to accept long discussions on any subject in this forum.

Since this is in the general lounge and there is enough interest judging from the number of posts, I suggest you leave it be. If you dont want to contribute, just keep off this thread and avoid getting irritated.

hmmm...thanks Sid...though I prefer the light flavor of spaysides I do enjoy the other end of the spectrum with Ardmore and Laphroiag...Where would you place Amrut's taste???

Will start scouting for it right away. Will post details when I locate the source...

You might find The Yamazaki agreeable in that case, and perhaps an interesting alternative. Personally, I go like a pendulum between the two.

yeah ..... the exact stands for .... Wine, Women and Wealth .....

Oh...I was wondering...Whiskey...WAF...and??? :D

You might find The Yamazaki agreeable in that case, and perhaps an interesting alternative. Personally, I go like a pendulum between the two.

Thanks, is Yamazaki available in India? Will check it out...

This thread has given me an idea. Now that we have sucha good desi product, in contrast to all my earlier trips abroad, for a change I might take an Amrut Fusion bottle to the US this summer-so far all I could do was take Old Monk..

This thread has given me an idea. Now that we have sucha good desi product, in contrast to all my earlier trips abroad, for a change I might take an Amrut Fusion bottle to the US this summer-so far all I could do was take Old Monk..

I second that George, in fact I plan to gift a couple of these to a friend in US when I head back there in a couple of months time.
cheers,
Sid

avidyarthy-I fully agree that Hercules is the way to go-Khodays is supposed to be a bit too sweet from what I hear( I am not a rum drinker so I really don't know enough!. The problem is that Old Monk has slightly better universal appeal since it is sold all over India.

I do recall the 10/12yrs aged old monk that is only available in tall bottle was exceedingly good. :licklips:

--G0bble

The CSD canteen sells a Rum by name old adventure. 65/Rs a full pet bottle, the best dark rum ever tasted. :licklips:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back