Amrut Single Malt

If you can compare Single Driver speaker to a ESL speaker, why not. Incidentally music and alcohol are not very dissimilar as far as senses are concerned.

Bro, i for one do not do so neither with speakers nor with alcohol ;) They all have their place under the sun/moon/stars :lol:

Yeah, kind of. The CSD from which I draw my stocks has come from some high altitude area who are always given special treatment. I picked up my Hennessy, Glenlivet and some exotic whiskey called 'Kingdom of Fire' from them.:cool:

Your CSD sure is Special:clapping: Find out if they also offer 'Kuch Nai' Blended Scotch & Loch Lomond Single Malts.:)

My Cousin carried a couple of bottles of Glenfiddich for me from duty free shop on his way from Singapore. During his last visit he brought me a Chivas Regal special edition but I find that the magic is missing. Need to explore more.:rolleyes:

Other day I went to the 19th Hole of my golf course. (courtesy my backache, I skip the first 18;)) The bugger had only Teachers and 100 Pipers. I opted for the latter but trust me, couldn't finish my second drink.

The Single Malts & Cognac's have now spoilt you! Nothing below these will take your fancy now :p

Don't know about you but the courier guy will surely have all the pleasure.:eek:hyeah:

Where there is a will there is a way ;)

Is it morally correct to discuss about alcohol in a public form ? .

Bro,
You guessed right ... these are fallen people here on this forum :eek:hyeah:
which is why they are so desperate to get high, using an abhorrent and cursed liquid like Whisky!! :licklips: :D

--G0bble

Madhuloka called me up to fix and time for the delivery. I told them 4PM. As expected, they didn't show up. Maybe tomorrow?

BTW, anyone know what good "maal" is available in the Bangalore CSD?

Capt Rajesh or any other contact of yours either serving currently or an exserviceman, will be able to guide you about the 'maal' ;)

Capt Rajesh or any other contact of yours either serving currently or an exserviceman, will be able to guide you about the 'maal' ;)

My dad is an ex-Army colonel. Reason I asked here is because he is out of town.

That's on my way...will pick up a couple...

@soulforged - do let me know when you pick up. I will have my buddy get a few delivered to his home in St. Johns woods Apt., near the forum mall. I saw that there is a branch there as well. Can pick it up from him when I visit next (provided he doesnt polish off a few:lol:).
Cheers,
Sid

anyone is welcome to send a consignment - 2 bottles should be enough to get started ;)
I will transfer money in advance.

My dad is an ex-Army colonel. Reason I asked here is because he is out of town.

Glad to hear this :D Since Capt.Rajesh is giving me the 'slip', I now know whom to contact for the 'maal' :eek:hyeah:

C H E E R S ( In the Truest Sense)

:beer::cheers::beer:

Heard about Amrut and want to try. Anyone willing to carry a bottle to Hyd? I can xfer the money & some good karma in advance to that kind soul! If it is already available in Hyd, let me know where I can find it! Some nice jazz is waiting to be heard and Amrut could be one to go with it! Thanks a ton.

Just saw this thread. I got a bottle of Amril Fusion (Rs 215) in Dec and had a sampling session with some others -Lagavulin 16/Caol Ila etc and am glad to report it compared favourably with all of them. Excellent product with top reviews.

Re Bangalore CDS maal you get Black Dog 8/12 yr old, Teachers Regular and 50, Something Special, as well as the regular stuff-like 100 Pipers and others. They have Grover and Sula wine at very good prices too.

Picked up Amrut Fusion from Madhuloka at Cosmos Mall for 2200. Made the guy call up other branches to check up on stock...
Koramangala does not have it
Bannerghatta Road and HSR Has it
Sarjapur Rd Junction might have a bottle or two

The 'Fusion' variant is available, the other one costing 1800 which Sid mentioned is not around.

Check with the liquor shop next to Pecos on Brigade Road yesterday, they also have one bottle of Fusion for 2400.

Tasting session this evening :licklips:

yep, soulforged is right ....

Brigade outlet confirmed availability at an Arekere Mico Layout shop ... Bannerghata Road. I did not have the means and the patience to cover that distance, so .... picked up couple of 180 ml tetrapacks of Khodays XXX .... FANTASTIC stuff. Taste ... as well as the well thought out packaging ... haven't seen this concept yet, in Delhi!

Okay...first impressions...

The aroma off the cork is gentle and sweet...and bit fruity. Feels smooth on the palette. Could feel a hint of toffee/caramel. Goes down smooth, not peaty or smokey like the islay or highlands or as full bodied but has a distinct flavor and nice, minimal aftertaste. In fact, would actually compare it to my Speyside favorite Balvenie. Very sophisticated...will recommend it wholeheartedly.

yep, soulforged is right ....

Brigade outlet confirmed availability at an Arekere Mico Layout shop ... Bannerghata Road. I did not have the means and the patience to cover that distance, so .... picked up couple of 180 ml tetrapacks of Khodays XXX .... FANTASTIC stuff. Taste ... as well as the well thought out packaging ... haven't seen this concept yet, in Delhi!

Will exchange the tetrapacks with the super cheap prices of booze in delhi anyday.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back