• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

And are you googling for R2R DACs too?

SPONSORED ADS

newlash09

I do it since I have no choice as my dacs limit is 16/48 !. But the Hi-rez files sound excellent even downsampled.
Maybe one of these days I'll compare downsampled at 44.1 with 48 although I guess it may be much different.

I have heard usampled sound and it never appealed, the increase in "detail" was always accompanied by reduced connect in my few experiences. But High Rez in its native format on Dac was very good. if I had a lot of High rez content I wold have gone for it but since 95% of music i listen to are on CDs and some ripped, I am hanging on

..And Analogue definitely has a more emotional connect, but I am afraid we will derail this thread with this talk :)
Hi Arj :)

Even I down sample everything to 16/44.1 kHz via roon. And I have tried playing at their native bit rates of 24/192 kHz. But I couldn't make out a difference. Since my dac has 2 chips. I prefer the classic chip for red book CD format. So I down sample everything these days.

Reactions: arj

manniraj

I use a DIY made Soekris r2r DAC (DAM 1021) since more than 4-5 years now with a dedicated Salas shunt power supply. This is just an awesome DAC I have heard and stayed in my setup since then. So if you are into DIY then do consider this one and I think now they have release multiple new versions with the latest being 1941 if I am not wrong. Just make a dual mono or simple power supply like the Salas, and you can easily better a commercial ones more than its worth the cost of the entire build.

rahul_muzik

I use a DIY made Soekris r2r DAC (DAM 1021) since more than 4-5 years now with a dedicated Salas shunt power supply. This is just an awesome DAC I have heard and stayed in my setup since then. So if you are into DIY then do consider this one and I think now they have release multiple new versions with the latest being 1941 if I am not wrong. Just make a dual mono or simple power supply like the Salas, and you can easily better a commercial ones more than its worth the cost of the entire build.
have you compared ur dac with any renown reputed dac and i have seen the site,they have oem line and audiophile line in which they provide a housing to the dac(this is what i understand after looking the site). where are you located at. Especially after looking the price,its very tempting to own a dac. Ur insight is highly appreciated.

manniraj

No I have not compared this DAC with any so far. The main reason going with this is that its DIY and based on your budget you can build it with dual mono psu or single psu with whatever cabinet you like it. So I initially build it with a LM317/337 based PSU and then upgraded to a Salas BiB1.1 and currently with Ultra BiB1.3 paired with a dedicated Salas Reflector-D digital side power supply for the I2S dac (Amanero I2S). I am located in Bangalore.

SPONSORED ADS