Android box Amazon prime / hotstar issue

I bought ReTv indian version of android box , it works flawlessly as far as amazon prime & netflix is concerned no crash. It comes with kodi pre-installed it works . One major plus was the tech support you get with. The customer care guys were very helpful if you have issue. Well thats my experience after using for close to an year.

Better to buy amazon fire stick and use. Hot star app is subscription app. Android boxes are filled with bugs it may damage your receiver. Better to use amazon fire stick. I am using the same. No problem/ no crash. Have a nice day.vinayaka

What about YouTube playback in firestick? Can we cast YouTube from phone?

Guys - Hotstar is not working when Android box is connected using LAN/Ethernet. Says "Offline, Try Again".
However, it works perfectly fine when connected to Wifi. I want to use LAN because of stability.

Any workaround for this issue?

Primevideo will only play in SD quality on Android. So I had dropped this way of viewing long back and went to Fire TV stick. Android boxes will have problem. Hotstar will download the Android phone version in this box and would be slow. Try sideloading if possible. Even YouTube, you have to sideload using apk for YouTube for TV. Android boxes are a waste of money. Mine is collecting dust !
Not agree, am playing Amazon prime video in 1080p in mecool km3 Android Box, before that Mi Box S was also playing Full HD video on Amazon prime. Better go for Google certified Android Box, others will not even open Amazon prime video.

Not agree, am playing Amazon prime video in 1080p in mecool km3 Android Box, before that Mi Box S was also playing Full HD video on Amazon prime. Better go for Google certified Android Box, others will not even open Amazon prime video.
Hi, which Amazon prime apk did you install bcos MI box S does not have Amazon prime natively. Also does it do 5.1 sound on MI box? I tried multiple apks without success. Still Prime video is not available on Android TV Playstore though I think YouTube is made available for FireTV stick.

Amazon Prime Video was added to MiBox S after new update. However, many videos (Particularly English) stuck after clicking Play Now. Have anyone noticed this issue in Mibox S for prime video? Any solution for this?

Amazon Prime Video was added to MiBox S after new update. However, many videos (Particularly English) stuck after clicking Play Now. Have anyone noticed this issue in Mibox S for prime video? Any solution for this?
I have tried manually checking for the new update on MI box s, it was not there. How and when did you get the update. Also, I tried looking for Amazon Prime on Playstore, it isn't there. Was the update only for addition of Prime Video or was the box updated to Android Pie too. Thanks.

I have tried manually checking for the new update on MI box s, it was not there. How and when did you get the update. Also, I tried looking for Amazon Prime on Playstore, it isn't there. Was the update only for addition of Prime Video or was the box updated to Android Pie too. Thanks.

Two weeks back I purchased MIBox S from Amazon. The latest update on this box is 8.1.0. It is having google store, but the prime video was side loaded. Oops!! Sorry for the confusion for using the word "update"

Two weeks back I purchased MIBox S from Amazon. The latest update on this box is 8.1.0. It is having google store, but the prime video was side loaded. Oops!! Sorry for the confusion for using the word "update"
Oh, the side-loaded version never works perfectly. I have tried all kinds of apks. There is mention of Android pie update in near future which brings Amazon Prime through Playstore to MI box S, waiting for that.

I have side loaded JioTv app on MI box S. Nothing happens after clicking Full Screen button on JioTv app.

Do I need to do any setting to get into full screen?

My MI box S received an update for Pie (Android 9) and was successful. Need to play around tomorrow

My MIBOX S is dead after receiving Pie update. It worked fine after the update for a while and when I switched it on after few days it is dead. Showing no signal. Even I can't enter recovery mode using remote. Did any body else face the similar issue?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back