Android or iOS? Which way to go? Android??

KonfuSed

Hi Guys,
I was kind of dilly-dallying with the idea of buying a phone. Basically after seeing the iPhone I kinda liked it but that astronomical price seemed day-light robbing to me. If it was around 20-22k I would've given it a serious thought. But it was not supposed to be and I moved on. Then I saw an HTC Legend with Android 2.1 and after knowing the price it was bang on my target. And also have heard quite a few good things about Android as an OS with thousands of apps.
So to cut the story short, I want to buy android phone (budget 22.5k max) and is Legend a good phone to go for? Is there any other phone in the same price range with similar features? Should I give a thought about iPhone too if the price comes down(which I doubt). Or should I check other Android phones(Sony/Motorola/Samsung)? Please please give me options/opinions/pros and cons, konfuse me more as only one option in target I feel bit awkward. ;);)
BTW, GPS is a must, it has to have GPS.
Regards,

You can also consider the new Samsung Wave. It has almost all the latest features with stunning looks and the price is about 19K. But it comes with Samsung's own Bada OS not Android. I have read very good reviews about the phone and its OS.

If you are ok with the OS, it is a perfect VFM option.

Personally I liked Desire more than Legend ...... AFA Andriod goes HTC phones are way ahead of Sony/Samsung (Even Google chose HTC for their own phone launch) .... except for the resale value (just because of few preconcevied notions) ..... I's say research more on both and then decide ........ Google..... Desire vs Legend and you will have it all ..... few links to start with ...

HTC Legend vs HTC Desire vs Google Nexus One | News | TechRadar UK

Review: HTC Legend and Desire - 17 May 2010 - Computeractive

HTC Desire vs HTC Legend - Comparisons - Know Your Mobile

Thanks Sam, but the Desire seems like will be costlier by quite a margin. What I heard is that it might be around 32k and for that difference I can get my surround speakers too ;-)
Read some really good reviews about Desire and it's been touted better than Nexus One itself.
@Nizarp, I'm kind of specifically looking for Android phones as they've big app store which I doubt incase of Samsung. But anyway, will keep my eyes open for other things too.

Back